..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: For everyone with issues starting PCSX2 Mac
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
(01-23-2013, 12:51 AM)Hrern1313 Wrote: [ -> ]Apologies if this is an obvious question, I'm fairly new to emulators and the like. But I've followed all the steps of the first guide and dumped the bios in the bios folder of pcsx2 however I only get a black screen when I try to run an .iso file.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You will have to help me help you ^_^

First, wich game?
Second, the xterm log?
Third, computer specs?
@Kaze or anybody with knowhow and a bucket of patience:

I'm a 25+ year PC user who recently switched to Mac; never all that savvy with programming, etc. but have never had serious issues setting up software before. This is my first attempt with an emulator, however.

When I first downloaded PCSX2 I could get it to run without following any of these guides (although I did have to manually reload the Bios every time), could get the game I wanted (Persona 4) to boot up most of the time (occasionally I got error messages in....XQuartz...I guess?), but could not get past the main menu.

I was hoping to use a PS3 controller, and could even get the emulator to recognize my hitting Start to open the new game/load game menu, but never got any further than that.
A friend recommended I install Onepad to solve the controller issue (this was before discovering these forums and trying the guides in this thread...maybe a potential problem there), but once I did that booting up the emulator causes error windows full of gibberish and "could not open [strange charactrers]H' directory" and other errors.

As I said, I am totally new to Macs and emulation....I've followed the guides above correctly (I think), but there has been no improvement.
Since I was better off before I was wondering if I might not be better off uninstalling everything (not even sure how to do that on a Mac, actually) and starting again.

I am using the late 2012 Mac Mini 2.3 GHz quad-core Intel i7 with 4GB RAM, take direction fairly well, and am willing to learn.

When things go this wrong I know it can only be a case of operator error, but I'm in too deep now to know where it all went bad.
If anybody had the time and patience to help walk me through this I would really appreciate it.
Thanks very much.
Well im getting the GS plugin not initializing error right when im about to enjoy some pointless gaming on my brand new pcsx2 0.9.7 emulator, after a long process of trying to get it up to the initial panel just to be let down with more programing riddles (altho everything before running the .iso image seems to be in order when checking the log, such as loading the plugins and initializing them). I tried to apply the fix on the first guide posted here but XQuartz wont even find the directory! Also i tried installing the latest GS plugin and running it again but it still wont let me be. Im getting a lil frustrated now. I would love any kind of help! Im running it on two computers: a macbook air and an imac both running on mountain lion, both have the same problem. Thanks in advance!

PS: I noticed someone around here said they didnt have any x11.app on their mac; well this seems to be my case as well, spotlight isnt showing me any x11.app, just a bunch of libraries and stuff. So if I need to follow the second guide in the future, what will it be?

btw just so you know i did check if my pcsx2 was in my Applications file
(01-26-2013, 08:41 AM)CitizenSix Wrote: [ -> ]@Kaze or anybody with knowhow and a bucket of patience:

I'm a 25+ year PC user who recently switched to Mac; never all that savvy with programming, etc. but have never had serious issues setting up software before. This is my first attempt with an emulator, however.

When I first downloaded PCSX2 I could get it to run without following any of these guides (although I did have to manually reload the Bios every time), could get the game I wanted (Persona 4) to boot up most of the time (occasionally I got error messages in....XQuartz...I guess?), but could not get past the main menu.

I was hoping to use a PS3 controller, and could even get the emulator to recognize my hitting Start to open the new game/load game menu, but never got any further than that.
A friend recommended I install Onepad to solve the controller issue (this was before discovering these forums and trying the guides in this thread...maybe a potential problem there), but once I did that booting up the emulator causes error windows full of gibberish and "could not open [strange charactrers]H' directory" and other errors.

As I said, I am totally new to Macs and emulation....I've followed the guides above correctly (I think), but there has been no improvement.
Since I was better off before I was wondering if I might not be better off uninstalling everything (not even sure how to do that on a Mac, actually) and starting again.

I am using the late 2012 Mac Mini 2.3 GHz quad-core Intel i7 with 4GB RAM, take direction fairly well, and am willing to learn.

When things go this wrong I know it can only be a case of operator error, but I'm in too deep now to know where it all went bad.
If anybody had the time and patience to help walk me through this I would really appreciate it.
Thanks very much.

Well, all nice and good to know that, but, maybe some screenshots/copy pasta of the error? and if you got teamviewer/skype, I an try to help you when I got time ^_^

(01-26-2013, 07:07 PM)maseta9 Wrote: [ -> ]Well im getting the GS plugin not initializing error right when im about to enjoy some pointless gaming on my brand new pcsx2 0.9.7 emulator, after a long process of trying to get it up to the initial panel just to be let down with more programing riddles (altho everything before running the .iso image seems to be in order when checking the log, such as loading the plugins and initializing them). I tried to apply the fix on the first guide posted here but XQuartz wont even find the directory! Also i tried installing the latest GS plugin and running it again but it still wont let me be. Im getting a lil frustrated now. I would love any kind of help! Im running it on two computers: a macbook air and an imac both running on mountain lion, both have the same problem. Thanks in advance!

PS: I noticed someone around here said they didnt have any x11.app on their mac; well this seems to be my case as well, spotlight isnt showing me any x11.app, just a bunch of libraries and stuff. So if I need to follow the second guide in the future, what will it be?

btw just so you know i did check if my pcsx2 was in my Applications file

Well, all nice and good to know that, but, maybe some screenshots/copy pasta of the error? Wich game?
thanks kaze and sorry for the inconvinience, here is the log for PCSX2 after choosing Shadow of the Colossus from my files and excecuting it with Boot CDVD (fast). (when i tried to excecute with Boot CDVD (full) the program couldnt find the path to the game, youll see that in the log)

Code:
PCSX2 0.9.7.r0  - compiled on Jul  2 2012
Savestate version: 0x9a010000

Host Machine Init:
    Operating System =  Darwin 12.2.0 x86_64
    Physical RAM     =  0 MB
    CPU name         =  Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU     L9600  @ 2.13GHz
    Vendor/Model     =  GenuineIntel (stepping 0A)
    CPU speed        =  2.121 ghz (2 logical threads)
    x86PType         =  Standard OEM
    x86Flags         =  bfebfbff 0408e3fd
    x86EFlags        =  20100000

x86 Features Detected:
    MMX.. SSE.. SSE2.. SSE3.. SSSE3.. SSE4.1

(pxEvtQueue:PauseCoreThread) Posting event! (pending=0, idle=0)
(pxEvtQueue:PauseCoreThread) Executing... [Cancelable]
(pxEvtQueue:PauseCoreThread) Event completed in 65ms
Installing mach exception handler...
Mapping host memory for virtual systems...
    EE Main Memory                   @ 0x20000000 -> 0x22884000 [40mb]
    IOP Main Memory (2mb)            @ 0x24000000 -> 0x24211000 [2mb]
    VU0/1 on-chip memory             @ 0x28000000 -> 0x2800A000 [40kb]
Reserving memory for recompilers...
    SuperVU0 Recompiler Cache        @ 0x0E800000 -> 0x0F000000 [8mb]
    SuperVU1 Recompiler Cache        @ 0x0F000000 -> 0x0F800000 [8mb]
    Micro VU0 Recompiler Cache       @ 0x3C000000 -> 0x40000000 [64mb]
    Micro VU1 Recompiler Cache       @ 0x40000000 -> 0x44000000 [64mb]
    R5900-32 Recompiler Cache        @ 0x30000000 -> 0x34000000 [64mb]
    R3000A Recompiler Cache          @ 0x34000000 -> 0x36000000 [32mb]
    VIF0 Unpack Recompiler Cache     @ 0x36000000 -> 0x36800000 [8mb]
    VIF1 Unpack Recompiler Cache     @ 0x38000000 -> 0x38800000 [8mb]
(pxEvtQueue:LoadCorePlugins) Posting event! (pending=0, idle=0)
(pxEvtQueue:LoadCorePlugins) Executing... [Cancelable]
(pxEvtQueue:CloseCoreThread) Posting event! (pending=0, idle=0)

Loading plugins...
    Binding GS    : /Applications/pcsx2 0.9.7 Alpha.app/Contents/Resources/pcsx2/plugins/libZZOglPG.bundle
    Binding PAD    : /Applications/pcsx2 0.9.7 Alpha.app/Contents/Resources/pcsx2/plugins/libonepad.bundle
    Binding SPU2    : /Applications/pcsx2 0.9.7 Alpha.app/Contents/Resources/pcsx2/plugins/libSPU2null.bundle
    Binding CDVD    : /Applications/pcsx2 0.9.7 Alpha.app/Contents/Resources/pcsx2/plugins/libCDVDiso.bundle
    Binding USB    : /Applications/pcsx2 0.9.7 Alpha.app/Contents/Resources/pcsx2/plugins/libUSBnull.bundle
    Binding FW    : /Applications/pcsx2 0.9.7 Alpha.app/Contents/Resources/pcsx2/plugins/libFWnull.bundle
    Binding DEV9    : /Applications/pcsx2 0.9.7 Alpha.app/Contents/Resources/pcsx2/plugins/libDEV9null.bundle
Plugins loaded successfully.

(pxEvtQueue:LoadCorePlugins) Event completed in 288ms
(pxEvtQueue:CloseCoreThread) Executing... [Cancelable]
(pxEvtQueue:CloseCoreThread) Event completed in 14ms
(thread:GameDatabaseLoader) Calling pthread_create...
(GameDB) 8962 games on record (loaded in 653ms)
(thread:GameDatabaseLoader) Scheduling for deletion...
(thread:GameDatabaseLoader) Thread object deleted successfully
(thread:GameDatabaseLoader) Executing default destructor!
(thread:pxThread) Executing default destructor!
Saving ini files...
(pxEvtQueue:SysExecute) Posting event! (pending=0, idle=0)
(pxEvtQueue:PauseCoreThread) Event completed in 15ms
(pxEvtQueue:SysExecute) Executing... [Cancelable]
Saving ini files...
HLE Host: Will load ELF:

HLE Warning: ELF does not have a path!!

Initializing plugins...
    Init GS
    Init PAD
    Init SPU2
    Init CDVD
    Init USB
    Init FW
    Init DEV9
Plugins initialized successfully.

(thread:EE Core) Calling pthread_create...
(pxEvtQueue:SysExecute) Event completed in 75ms
Saving ini files...
Opening plugins...
    Opening GS
(thread:MTGS) Calling pthread_create...
    Opening PAD
    Opening SPU2
    Opening CDVD
isoFile open ok: /Users/Carolina/Downloads/Shadow of the Colossus (USA).iso
    Image type  = Audio CD
    Fileparts   = 1
    blocks      = 162
    offset      = 0
    blocksize   = 2448
    blockoffset = 0
* CDVD Disk Open: DVD, Single layer or unknown:
* * Track 1: Data (Mode 1) (162 sectors)

Closing plugins...
    Closing SPU2
    Closing PAD
    Closing GS
Plugins closed successfully.
File not found.
Path: IsoFileSystem
(pxActionEvent) IsoFS could not find the root directory on the ISO image.(thread:EE Core)
Shutting down plugins...
    Shutdown DEV9
    Shutdown FW
    Shutdown USB
    Shutdown CDVD
    Shutdown SPU2
    Shutdown PAD
    Shutdown GS
Plugins shutdown successfully.
(pxEvtQueue:SysExecute) Posting event! (pending=0, idle=0)
(pxEvtQueue:PauseCoreThread) Event completed in 16ms
(pxEvtQueue:SysExecute) Executing... [Cancelable]
Saving ini files...
Open virtual disk tray
HLE Host: Will load ELF:

HLE Warning: ELF does not have a path!!

Initializing plugins...
    Init GS
    Init PAD
    Init SPU2
    Init CDVD
    Init USB
    Init FW
    Init DEV9
Plugins initialized successfully.

(thread:EE Core) Calling pthread_create...
(pxEvtQueue:SysExecute) Event completed in 71ms
Saving ini files...
Opening plugins...
    Opening GS
(thread:MTGS) Calling pthread_create...
GSopen Failed: return code: 0xffffffff
Closing plugins...
    Closing GS
Plugins closed successfully.
Shutting down plugins...
(pxActionEvent) GS plugin failed to open!(thread:MTGS)(thread:EE Core)
    Shutdown DEV9
    Shutdown FW
    Shutdown USB
    Shutdown CDVD
    Shutdown SPU2
    Shutdown PAD
    Shutdown GS
Plugins shutdown successfully.
User-canceled plugin configuration after plugin initialization failure.  Plugins unloaded.

and heres the log for terminal at the same moment:

Code:
(pcsx2:13220): Gtk-WARNING **: Locale not supported by C library.
    Using the fallback 'C' locale.
Interface is initializing.  Entering Pcsx2App::OnInit!
Applying operating system default language...
Command line parsing...
Command line parsed!
(UserMode) Found portable install ini @ pcsx2_portable.ini
Fontconfig warning: ignoring UTF-8: not a valid region tag
ZZogl-PG: Calling GSinit.
ZZogl-PG: GSinit finished.
ZZogl-PG: Calling GSopen.
ZZogl-PG: Creating ZZOgl window.
ZZogl-PG:  Got Doublebuffered Visual!
ZZogl-PG:  glX-Version 1.4
Xlib:  extension "XFree86-VidModeExtension" missing on display "/tmp/launch-d1x4yz/org.macosforge.xquartz:0".
ZZogl-PG:  Depth 24
ZZogl-PG:  You have Direct Rendering!
ZZogl-PG:  Using multitexturing.
ZZogl-PG:  Maximum texture size is 8192 for Tex_2d and 8192 for Tex_NV.
ZZogl-PG: Disabling MRT depth writing.
ZZogl-PG: You've manually enabled these hacks:
ZZogl-PG: 'No logz' hack enabled.
ZZogl-PG: Initialization successful.
ZZogl-PG: Disabling MRT depth writing.
ZZogl-PG: You've manually enabled these hacks:
ZZogl-PG: 'No logz' hack enabled.
ZZogl-PG: Calling GSinit.
ZZogl-PG: GSinit finished.
ZZogl-PG: Calling GSopen.
ZZogl-PG: Creating ZZOgl window.
ZZogl-PG:  Got Doublebuffered Visual!
ZZogl-PG:  glX-Version 1.4
Xlib:  extension "XFree86-VidModeExtension" missing on display "/tmp/launch-d1x4yz/org.macosforge.xquartz:0".
error: xp_attach_gl_context returned: 2
ZZogl-PG:  Depth 24
ZZogl-PG:  You have Direct Rendering!

And well attached to this reply is the screenie of the PCSX2 telling me it doesnt really like me and should get out of its sights. hope this helps you help me! thanks for taking the time (My computer isnt showing me the attached files, sorry if you dont see them either s: but its just a screenshot of a window telling me: "GS plugin failed to open. Your computer may have insufficient resources, or incompatible hardware/drivers.
Press Ok to go to the Plugin Configuration Panel").

Also before you say you think it might be a problem related to the iso file, the same GS plugin error appeared to me the first time I opened PCSX2, even before I could do anything with the program, and after I clicked "Ok" another window appeared telling me something like Some plugins failed to initialize succesfully, PCSX2 may be inoperable, and it never appears again unless I try to open Shadow of the Colossus (I dont really have any other games to test lol)

[attachment=42191]
Read our rules.
No support for downloaded games.
Warning issued
(01-27-2013, 07:12 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]Read our rules.
No support for downloaded games.
Warning issued

i was just mentioning i used shadow of the colossus iso file >.> i could have made it myself on toast titanium out of the original disk, i never mentioned downloading or anything. this is kinda unfair
(01-27-2013, 07:20 PM)maseta9 Wrote: [ -> ]i was just mentioning i used shadow of the colossus iso file >.> i could have made it myself on toast titanium out of the original disk, i never mentioned downloading or anything. this is kinda unfair

this is not unfair, this is an appropriate answer to a pirate.

Quote:isoFile open ok: /Users/Carolina/Downloads/Shadow of the Colossus (USA).iso
(01-27-2013, 09:05 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]this is not unfair, this is an appropriate answer to a pirate.

Honestly, would you write (USA) in a filename you wrote?
And honestly, why would your rip your iso to a folder named "downloads" ?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31