..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Shadow of the Colossus !!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37
Random guesses...

Your ISO is bad or disc is corrupted or something.

Maybe you need a larger pagefile?

Interesting info on the shadows, very interesting, thanks for sharing Smile
Heya guys, I haven't really followed the development of PCSX2 in the last few months and things feel a bit strange ^^
Anyway, I'd love to play through Shadow Of The Colossus again, maybe you could help me out a bit.
Except for the question no one will be able to answer me (what settings are best???...well, maybe you could tell me which work best for you Wink ), there's two things that kinda annoy me and which weren't there when I used to play with PCSX2:
1. Firstly it seems there is no framelimiting, so for example, if I activate all speed hacks, the game runs much too fast. There's an option to deactivate framelimiting in the gui but it's not even activated...also I found an entry for framelimiting in the PCSX2.ini but it doesn't seem to work. Is there any way?
2. Secondly, is there no more real fullscreen-mode in PCSX2? No matter what options I check, no matter what hotkeys I press while ingame, it doesn't seem to want to go fullscreen.
Any help would be much appreciated Smile
STS: No support for SVN builds... The new GUI and such are pre-alpha for a reason. You can force framelimit by pressing tab each time you play a game. Full screen issues are being worked on currently.

That said, I wouldn't even bother with the latest SVN builds until it's stable. Either use public beta 1888, or compile a legacy GUI version which is currently at revision 2186.
Ah, ok...in legacy build I feel more at home *g*
Anyway...could anyone just tell me what build, speedhacks and settings (maybe frameskip?) runs this game the smoothest? Won't need any more support than that ^^
(12-03-2009, 02:27 PM)STS Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, ok...in legacy build I feel more at home *g*
Anyway...could anyone just tell me what build, speedhacks and settings (maybe frameskip?) runs this game the smoothest? Won't need any more support than that ^^

I would'nt reccommend using the framskip option of pcsx2, I would rather use the speedhacks. EE cycle rate and VU cycle rate hacks do the same thing much better. The higher you set these two hacks, the lower your avarage famerate will be, wich of course takes less cpu and gpu power to run at full speed. If you lower the hacks, or turn them off, you get smoother framerates, but you should find what's the optimal level of the hacks for your machine's resources. You should also set the lowest d3d internal resolution in gsdx for the time when you experience with the speedhacks, and only after that sould you start raising the internal resolution to get the max out of your graphics card.

FrameLIMITING however should be turned on, or else you will get a speeded-up gameplay, like you've mentioned earlier. You can set it to 0 , wich would result in automatic liminting. If you are sure that you are playing an NTSC game, than you could set it to 60... and 50 for PAL. But just leave at 0 and everythings gonna be okay.

BTW, did you see our method of getting all the graphical effects running in the game ? If not, you should read it, it's here in this topic. Beleive me, it's worth the effort.
On my new system the game runs at full speed 99.9 % of the time, with:

EE cycle rate hack: OFF
VU cycle rate hack: level 1
INTC Sync hack: ON
IOP x2 rate hack: ON
MicroVU hacks both OFF
(Using microVU)

DX10 HW mode
1600x1200 internal resolution and the same for output resolution...

Internal frame rate of the game extremely rarely gets under 30 fps, and sometimes it cranks up to real 60 fps.

This game has never been more beautiful : ]
IF anyone's interested...
Check out my fresh HD vids of SOTC
Some are 720p some are 1080p

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=INNUENDO88#g/u
wow..........what hell machine is your new system?
And what build of PCSX2 are you using?
(01-25-2010, 11:44 PM)STS Wrote: [ -> ]wow..........what hell machine is your new system?
And what build of PCSX2 are you using?

Actually, anyone could do this... you don't need the game rendered at full speed, if you use the internal video capture feature of pcsx2, your playback will be perfect, no matter how slow the emulation is when you record...

But that doesn't mean I can't play the game with such framerate and resolution at full speed : D

I use newer user-complied versions now, mainly because there USED TO BE a cool new feature in some of the newer gsdx versions, that enables you to render the game at exact multiples of the original resoltuion, wich USED TO result in perfect alignment of all the graphical elements in the game. (There were all kind off offset issues, if you read back a little in the thread).
Strange thing is, that in the the the very latest versions of gsdx, the feature is still available, but they changed something, and now the offset problems are completely back, no matter if I use the accurate upscale : \
So I use pcsx2 r2477, but use gsdx r2406 with it, because that was the latest working gsdx version.
btw you can look up my system specs on my profile page
lol, that IS what I call a hell of a machine Wink
Ah, interesting feature, didn't know about that.
Well, at least the game is now running smoothly when I play in native res, but that's so damn ugly -_- scaling x2 looks alright and has acceptable speed, so I guess that's what I'll be using...or I wait a little longer and hope the devs find a way to speed things up a bit for this game...+ that shadow issue Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37