..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Shadow of the Colossus !!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37
(07-11-2010, 01:21 PM)eliot_cougar Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-11-2010, 01:15 PM)arronlewis Wrote: [ -> ]Hello
Lately SotC seems to work very nice on the latest ver.of PCSX2wx 3343 but there is a little graphical glitch that keeps this game from running flawlessly. Please, look at this picture in fullscreen http://img210.imageshack.us/f/sotco.jpg/ and tell me why there are these weird vertical lines on screen? They didn`t apear on previous version on pcsx2 and i can only remove them while running in Native PS2 resolution. Unchecking textures filtering and combining it with any other settings does not help. Also these lines seems to apear mostly on the Colossuss` body, when it`s in some distance. After geting on top of the Colossi lines just disapear. May have something common with depth of field. If anybody can solve this issue - thanx in advance.

It is definitely a scaling issue... Try to use multiple scaling (i.e. 2x, 3x) but not custom resolution...

Hmmm... Do you use my custom plugin or the new ReorderingMTGS build?.. The image does look uncommon... =0.o=

This Also Happens In Ar Tonelico 1&2.
In A.T.2 it goes away when you disable texture filtering (or half enable it.) but in A.T.1 it doesn't,it's annoying watching the cutscenes with huge lines on them xD

*Edit:setting it to native removed it Laugh
Is SotC one of the most demanding game graphically when it comes to emulation with PCSX2? I am just trying to set myself some sort of scale before trying more games.
hey Eliot, I followed the last pages of this thread and you really seem to have nailed it with that annoying exaggerated bloom effect. I tried snatching the fixed plugin from the link on your youtube video and it doesn't seem to be always available, can you host it on box.net? it's a great place to host files for loads of time (no limitation whatsoever), better check that site out.
(07-19-2010, 08:08 AM)Nightfox Wrote: [ -> ]hey Eliot, I followed the last pages of this thread and you really seem to have nailed it with that annoying exaggerated bloom effect. I tried snatching the fixed plugin from the link on your youtube video and it doesn't seem to be always available, can you host it on box.net? it's a great place to host files for loads of time (no limitation whatsoever), better check that site out.

Thanks for advice, but using filesharing services is against my religion... Wink

My PC is on 24/7, but my ISP failed to be the same... This weekend I was offline... The most boring weekend ever... The link should work now...

Update: If you wish to use the new ReorderingMTGS builds with SotC, you have to use the new GSDX r3532 or later...
Checked the link again. It's not working, at least not atm. Smile

PS,
Where is it possible to get the newer GDSX? I'm currently running the latest beta of PCSX2 (0.9.7 r3117) and it comes with GSDX 3068...I looked around the forum and couldn't find a newer release, is it close for vip users or something?

Btw, will the latest version of PCSX2 work just fine or do I have to downgrade to 0.9.6?
@Nightfox:
Bad idea to post that link here... Moderators will probably delete it...

The problem is my ISP and a hot weather... My ISP is a crap...

Replace "laptop" with "ibbp" to go to my work PC which should be online right now... I'll probably add this link to the video description later when I'll get connection again... Crap...
Done Wink
Hi, I am totally green when it comes to ps2 emulation, and actualy the only game I'm willing to play is Shadow of the Colossus. I have a few questions, and I hop You guys, are going to be able to help me a little. Oh, and please excuse my poor language, I'm not a native speaker. I only hope I'm understandable Wink

First one is fundamental i think. Is my pc is going to be good enough to run the game at playable lvl? My specs: Athlon 4x 2.8ghz, 2gb ram, and... geforce 8100 wich is a realy bad gfx, i know.

If the ansfer is yes, then there goes other questions:

I have heared that pcsx2 is using 4 core processors. Does it require some special settings, or is the emulator going to use all four of them just like that?

Which one is running better on pcsx2, pal, or ntsc ver of the game? I've got pal at home, but it is not a problem if i'm going to have to buy american version.

Which release of pcsx2 runs this game fastest? 0.95, 0.96, or beta 0.97?

What are the best plugins for sotc?

I'v been reading a little bit in here, and i know about turning to progresive scan in game options, and changing resolution. Any other important things, and settings i should know about?

Sorry for posting a lot of questions which may sound stupid. I'm not even trying to hide my noobishness. Help me please.
You cpu is fine (better than mine) and I can run it. You shoudl overclock it though to see some real performance. Try setting GSDX on native since your GPU is weak. No, PCSX2 uses only 2 cores. 0.9.7 is the fastest. I think Pal or NTSC wont matter.
I can't get anywhere above 14fps. Is it about ram, gfx, or cpu? Or all three? Damn, i'm so disapointed.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37