..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Shadow of the Colossus !!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37
The game is slow for me, especially in the beginning when you look at the internal of the temple where is the girl.
I have pcsx2 r4777 with eliot_cougar GSdx 4643 sse41 and VU Cycle Stealing on 2. The config of gsdx plugin is in the attached file.
[attachment=28870]

The game run at average 40-50 fps, but in the internal of temple at the beginning it slow down at 30-35. Seems to be not so low, but it's really annoying.
(06-28-2011, 05:58 PM)Sigfried.m Wrote: [ -> ]The game is slow for me, especially in the beginning when you look at the internal of the temple where is the girl.
I have pcsx2 r4777 with eliot_cougar GSdx 4643 sse41 and VU Cycle Stealing on 2. The config of gsdx plugin is in the attached file.

The game run at average 40-50 fps, but in the internal of temple at the beginning it slow down at 30-35. Seems to be not so low, but it's really annoying.
I have a weaker PC yet I get constant full speed with 3x scaling even at the temple in the beginning. Try using Directd3D11 hardware renderer, plus I also enabled the mVU flag hack and the wait loop detection speedhacks (without these I had occasional slowdowns during fights).

I'm having some problems with a minor artifact issue on the foreground, I have no clue what's causing this but I just can't seem to make it go away. I'm running the latest SVN build of pcsx2 and GSdx and I've tried multiple older ones with pretty much every option possible.
Here is a screenshot of the problem and my current settings:

[Image: 1.jpg]

[Image: 2.jpg]

[Image: 3.png]

[Image: 4.png]

As you can see my computer can run the game full speed. Could someone help me out here?
(09-24-2011, 03:40 PM)Tangled Wrote: [ -> ]I'm having some problems with a minor artifact issue on the foreground, I have no clue what's causing this but I just can't seem to make it go away. I'm running the latest SVN build of pcsx2 and GSdx and I've tried multiple older ones with pretty much every option possible.

I don't really know what the problem is, but my guess would be "Hardware AA" hack... I don't recommend using it, anyway... And I don't know why wouldn't you enable "allow 8-bit textures"... You only disable those if there are problems in some weird game...

Anyway, I've never seen such issues myself, but I'm sure they happen when the game switches between "cutscene mode" and "normal mode"... These two have somewhat different rendering pipelines...
(09-24-2011, 03:51 PM)eliot_cougar Wrote: [ -> ]I don't really know what the problem is, but my guess would be "Hardware AA" hack... I don't recommend using it, anyway... And I don't know why wouldn't you enable "allow 8-bit textures"... You only disable those if there are problems in some weird game...

Anyway, I've never seen such issues myself, but I'm sure they happen when the game switches between "cutscene mode" and "normal mode"... These two have somewhat different rendering pipelines...

I just disable AA and enabled 8-bit textures, the results are the same though:

[Image: 5.jpg]

[Image: 6.jpg]
(09-24-2011, 04:10 PM)Tangled Wrote: [ -> ]I just disable AA and enabled 8-bit textures, the results are the same though:

I've tried the same settings with the recent Gsdx (r4894), but I don't have the issue...
It may be hardware-specific... If you have nVidia GPU, check the global 3D settings in the nVidia Control Panel... Especially, make sure you have no AA and AF overrides there, and Perfomance option is set to Quality or High Quality...

ATI may have something similar somewhere...
(09-24-2011, 04:27 PM)eliot_cougar Wrote: [ -> ]I've tried the same settings with the recent Gsdx (r4894), but I don't have the issue...
It may be hardware-specific... If you have nVidia GPU, check the global 3D settings in the nVidia Control Panel... Especially, make sure you have no AA and AF overrides there, and Perfomance option is set to Quality or High Quality...

ATI may have something similar somewhere...

My settings are at "Let the 3D application decide" so there are no overrides. I'm really clueless on what to try to fix this.

P.s. my graphics card is an Asus GTX570.
Maybe you have unsupported game version, this game uses alot of GSdx hack fixes which are applied by game crc. When you run your game check PCSX2 log for game crc, if it'll be any different than 0xC19A374E, 0x7D8F539A, 0x0F0C4A9C or 0x877F3436 then your game crc isn't included yet for the fix, and you would need to wait for it to be included(after you post it) or if you are able to build pcsx2 on your own, add your game crc to GSCrc.cpp and build GSdx with it.
If your game crc is one of the ones I posted above, then maybe it's a bad rip or something, couse for them all fixes applies automatically and it should look much better.
(09-24-2011, 06:43 PM)miseru99 Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe you have unsupported game version, this game uses alot of GSdx hack fixes which are applied by game crc.

There are not "A lot" of crc hacks for SoTC. There's just one, which aims to remove the bloom/HDR effect, and I'm not sure it's as good as Eliot's original modified GSdx.

I'm currently suspecting that the latest hackfix from r4893 might degrade the image quality, or harm the "black creatures" on some cases. One can disable it by adding to gsdx.ini:
Quote:CrcHacksExclusions=all
Which would disable all GSdx crc hacks.

Or just put your actual SoTC CRC instead of 'all', E.g:
Quote:CrcHacksExclusions=0xC19A374E

or few CRCs separated by commas, e.g.:
Quote:CrcHacksExclusions=0xC19A374E, 0x7D8F539A
(09-24-2011, 06:43 PM)miseru99 Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe you have unsupported game version, this game uses alot of GSdx hack fixes which are applied by game crc. When you run your game check PCSX2 log for game crc, if it'll be any different than 0xC19A374E, 0x7D8F539A, 0x0F0C4A9C or 0x877F3436 then your game crc isn't included yet for the fix, and you would need to wait for it to be included(after you post it) or if you are able to build pcsx2 on your own, add your game crc to GSCrc.cpp and build GSdx with it.
If your game crc is one of the ones I posted above, then maybe it's a bad rip or something, couse for them all fixes applies automatically and it should look much better.

The game's CRC is 0xC19A374E so it should be included already. I'm downloading the PAL version right now.

(09-24-2011, 07:40 PM)avih Wrote: [ -> ]There are not "A lot" of crc hacks for SoTC. There's just one, which aims to remove the bloom/HDR effect, and I'm not sure it's as good as Eliot's original modified GSdx.

I'm currently suspecting that the latest hackfix from r4893 might degrade the image quality, or harm the "black creatures" on some cases. One can disable it by adding to gsdx.ini:
Which would disable all GSdx crc hacks.

Or just put your actual SoTC CRC instead of 'all', E.g:

or few CRCs separated by commas, e.g.:

After using this the game was full of bloom but the foreground problem was still there. Also, I must mention this also happens in cutscenes and it doesn't happen in any other game.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37