..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Shadow of the Colossus !!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37
i get some really annoying flickering in the game when i use VU cycle steal. But its very unconsistent... I can use it on position 1 and get flickering all time and use it on max position without.

It also seems connected to the gsdx scaler. with 2x flickers occur not very often with 3x it flickers all the time and by flicker i mean every second frame is completely white. At least it fells that way. Game frame, white frame, game frame, white frame and so on.

No one else seems to have that prob so i guess i'm doing something wrong? I use beta r1888 with gsdx r2430 DX10 HW.

Anyway VU cycle steal as usual has a HUGE impact for me, in position 0 = off, the game runs at 35fps in native. When i set it on position one i can play at 60fps with 2x scaler. With the ocasional flicker....

[E] nevermind i accidentally enabled frameskipper Smile problem solved
Here's an update on how to get all the graphical elements running in the game, with the new GUI. (newer revs of pcsx2)
The method is a bit different, although the basic idea is the same, fooling pcsx2 to beleive that it runs another game.

1.) Run ANY game other than SOTC. make a save state at anywhere (F1). This created a save state file in the pcsx2\sstates folder.

2.) Run SOTC. Enable progressive scan. Now make a save state. (It's important to already have prog. scan enabled when you make the sstate!)
This created another save state file, named differently.
Move the other game's sstate file to another folder.
Now copy the filename of the other game's save state file and paste-override the filename of the SOTC's sstate's with it. So now you have a SOTC save state named as if it was the other game's sstate file.

3.)
Run pcsx2, select the ISO of that other game, hit Run CD\DVD, the emultaion window launches, hit Escape after a second, this stopped the emulation. Now select the ISO of STOC.
Now go to the load state option, and click slot0.

And now click system \ resume.

If you've done everything correctly, SOTC starts where you made the savestate, and now you have all the graphical layers and effects running, plus you are in progressive scan mode.
Hey people! shadow bug fixed !
repeat, SHADOW OF THE COLOSSUS SHADOW BUG NOW FIXED!!! : D lol
starting from gsdx-r2702
thankyous goes to sudonim1
It really FIXED !!! FINALLY (^_^) We've dreamed about it so many years !!!
Sudonim rules !

But there is one bug left - how can we enable initial pixel offset again ? Without it ghost effect and sunglare are displaced Sad
With correct postFX placement this game will be ABSOLUTELY PERFECT !!!
Okay, rama told me that it's impossible to use initiall pixel offset hack again, so our only hope is - modified scaler :Р
Hi Innuendo ! Rama don't wan't to restore previous internal scaler Sad So i have an idea - what if we somehow copy uncompiled files with working internal scaler (r24xx) to new gsdx files repository and compile ONE ! EXCLUSIVE !! PERFECT !!! GSDX plugin especially for SotC ?Smile What do you think ?Smile

Besides, I still using simple disk changing in startup in order to fool gsdx Tongue
I just got this game today and I say the graphics for this game for a PS2 is absolutely GORGEOUS! There are even times that the graphics looks like it came from a 360 game 0_0
I'm also very impressed by this game!
Though it would be awesome to use anisotropic filtering, because textures in the distance are always flickering (except choosing a very high internal resolution, what causes massive frame drops). Is there anyone who managed to activate it using an ATI graphics card? The options in the Catalyst Control Center don't have any effects on pcsx2 graphics (even in DX9 mode).
(03-17-2010, 12:57 PM)Linear Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Innuendo ! Rama don't wan't to restore previous internal scaler Sad So i have an idea - what if we somehow copy uncompiled files with working internal scaler (r24xx) to new gsdx files repository and compile ONE ! EXCLUSIVE !! PERFECT !!! GSDX plugin especially for SotC ?Smile What do you think ?Smile

Besides, I still using simple disk changing in startup in order to fool gsdx Tongue

Hell... I don't understand why they don't see that the old scaler was perfect for this specific game, and i bet it was for some others too... they should implant both two scalers and let us choose between them... whatever, your custom gsdx idea got to my mind too, but I never managed to complie it on my own. I could complie pcsx2, but not the plugins. And beleive me I went through it thoroughly, but no matter what I did I always got a bunch of critical errors.
So we should find someone who is able to do it...
Any volunteers, please shout.
(03-31-2010, 06:30 PM)Innuendo Wrote: [ -> ]Hell... I don't understand why they don't see that the old scaler was perfect for this specific game, and i bet it was for some others too... they should implant both two scalers and let us choose between them... whatever, your custom gsdx idea got to my mind too, but I never managed to complie it on my own. I could complie pcsx2, but not the plugins. And beleive me I went through it thoroughly, but no matter what I did I always got a bunch of critical errors.
So we should find someone who is able to do it...
Any volunteers, please shout.

Seriously, rama has already explained more than once. The old scaler was breaking tons of games. Since PCSX2 is an emulator and not a hackfest, when it is clear some method is better for way more games than another, that will be the one to be used. We can't just keep adding options for each small thing that fixes game X and breaks 200 others. If it's so important to you, keep using the old version with that fix, or find a way to use it in a new version by changing the code.
Stop blaming the devs for doing the right thing, just because your favorite game got worse.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37