..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Fixing unplayable games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
kozarovv what is the problem with Superman Returns? Bad Timing or something similar?
WWE Smackdown - Shut Your Mouth (E)(SLES-51283)
(06-20-2019, 08:02 PM)Atomic83 Wrote: [ -> ]kozarovv what is the problem with Superman Returns? Bad Timing or something similar?
Sadly i can't help, because i have no idea why this happen. This patch (and Transformers one) is reversed from PS2 emulator used in PS3. All i know that all currently known emulators need it, PS3, PS4, PCSX2, etc. 

(06-18-2019, 04:45 PM)prafull Wrote: [ -> ]Tried that, didn't fix sps as mentioned.
Probably changes done to VU emulation since then "broke" that fix. Maybe try build from commits when that comment was added to source.
Are the WWE Smackdown patches ready to be pushed to master?
(07-08-2019, 02:39 AM)lightningterror Wrote: [ -> ]Are the WWE Smackdown patches ready to be pushed to master?
They are not the proper solution but at least they fix the hanging problem and make the game playable so yes they can be pushed.
Hello i've saw this thread recently and i decided to post if someone can help fix Spider-man 3 PAL/NTSC, it still has the problem where it locks up after finishing the first mission, but the game seems to be still responsive (loading icon moving)
I've been trying to play this game on PCSX2 since 2009, and still has the same problem, can something be done?
Thank you in advance

Bug report Thread
https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Bug-Repo...NTSC-U-PAL

edit:
Why was my bug report thread deleted? Not even a reason in my profile?
(07-11-2019, 02:03 PM)Darkriku96 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello i've saw this thread recently and i decided to post if someone can help fix Spider-man 3 PAL/NTSC, it still has the problem where it locks up after finishing the first mission, but the game seems to be still responsive (loading icon moving)
I've been trying to play this game on PCSX2 since 2009, and still has the same problem, can something be done?
Thank you in advance

Bug report Thread
https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Bug-Repo...NTSC-U-PAL

edit:
Why was my bug report thread deleted? Not even a reason in my profile?
We know about that game. So far we haven't found a fix for it.
(07-11-2019, 04:09 PM)prafull Wrote: [ -> ]We know about that game. So far we haven't found a fix for it.
I see, what is needed to find the "fix"? I've tried to post the console log\dump, i'm no coder unfortunately, so aside from testing and testing for hours with different configurations, and post the results i can't do much more.
Unless you can tell me a way that i can make things easier for you and how i can identify the source of the problem so that the game can finally be played.
(07-11-2019, 04:53 PM)Darkriku96 Wrote: [ -> ]I see, what is needed to find the "fix"? I've tried to post the console log\dump, i'm no coder unfortunately, so aside from testing and testing for hours with different configurations, and post the results i can't do much more.
Unless you can tell me a way that i can make things easier for you and how i can identify the source of the problem so that the game can finally be played.
I have the game and believe me I have tried to make it work infinite times more than you. Laugh So as of now you can't really do anything to help apart from waiting patiently and hoping for the best.
(07-11-2019, 05:28 PM)prafull Wrote: [ -> ]I have the game and believe me I have tried to make it work infinite times more than you. Laugh So as of now you can't really do anything to help apart from waiting patiently and hoping for the best.
I also possess the game (bought from a fair after my old one was too ruined to be read by my PS2, game originally bought around the time when the Spider-man 3 movie came out in 2007) and four hands are better than two. I trust your testing, but since it was 10 years ago when i first ran in this bug and it's still there.
I really used to enjoy to play this on my old PS2 before the laser lens stopped working 4 years agoSad  . After that my PS2 was unable to read disks anymore and i had to use only PCSX2  for my games.
KH2, Tekken 5, LOTR the return of the king, Disney's PK,SW:Battlefront 1&2,Tekken Tag 1, i am grateful that i can play them on PCSX2, but only Spider-man 3 remains not playable.