..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Fixing unplayable games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Fix for Galerians: Ash HW mode?
(05-22-2020, 04:52 AM)mrjared123 Wrote: [ -> ]Fix for Galerians: Ash HW mode?

yea that will be great ... the game is completely unplayable in HW mode...one of the exclusive ps2 tiles i hope it gets fixed soon.

oh and u did a couple fixes for Minna no Golf 3/4 a while ago.. is it possible to have fixes for the us version of hot shots golf 3 ... and hot shots tennis
they have the same exact issue with shadows making them unplayable. and really slow in HW mode
(05-22-2020, 06:30 AM)retrofan2020 Wrote: [ -> ]is it possible to have fixes for the us version of hot shots golf 3
Yup, here's the patch. I can work on Hot Shots Tennis when I have some time.
(05-22-2020, 07:03 AM)mrjared123 Wrote: [ -> ]Yup, here's the patch. I can work on Hot Shots Tennis when I have some time.

thank you .. works perfect ... and hopefully one day we see a fix from the devs for the shadows issue in all the hot shots games.
and yea it would be really great to have hot shots tennis fixed in HW mode too ... fun little exclusive game ....and thanks again for the golf 3 patch.
the following code fixes the intro in Ridge Racer 5 in hardware mode
it's not a real fix, it's just disables some post process render effects, that's why the color scheme it is different then the original blue-ish filter
SLPS_200.01 Game CRC = 0x4F9C7FCF
Code:
patch=1,EE,20247C5C,extended,00000000
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzNcZyT3Knk
All patches should be included at this point: - 24 The Game - Amplitude - Dengeki D73 - DT Racer - Everblue 2 - Freaky Flyers - Free Running - Ghosthunter -Gretzky NHL 2005 - Next Generation Tennis - NHL 2K6 - NHL 2K9 - Metal Arms - MX Unleashed -MX vs. ATV Unleashed - Glitch in the System - Primal - Salt Lake 2002 - Savage Skies - Socom 3 - Socom Combined Assault - Speed Kings -Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness- True Crime LA - UFEA Euro 2004 - Yanya Caballista

Other: Wait for others to add more patches (needs in-depth explanation, no hackery wizardry will be accepted)
Hot Shot Golf 3 has been talked about again and isn't a true fix (removes shadows for speed gain). I'll keep it here for now GameIndex.dbf code
Happy
Code:
Serial = SCUS-97130
Name   = Hot Shots Golf 3
Region = NTSC-U
Compat = 5
[patches = 9794BFEF]
    author=mrjared123
    // The patch disables shadow rendering (which is already not rendered anyways with HW renderer). This results in significant boosts to frame rate. My laptop runs at around 30% with the shadows enabled,
    // and at 100% at all times with the shadows disabled. Again, the shadows are not rendered anyways with hardware renderer, so this doesn't change any appearance.
    // Software mode seems to run the game better (even with shadows), but disabling them also results in significant speed boost.
    patch=1,EE,2033E46C,extended,00000000
[/patches]
(05-12-2020, 07:50 PM)cloudhacker Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, here's a video of Primal using the patch & plugin. It's glorious! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MT6UgUu9ilI  My specs are in the video but if you don't care to watch here's the info:

GPU: GeForce GTX 1050
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz
Memory: 16 GB RAM (15.89 GB RAM usable)
Current resolution: 1920 x 1080, 60Hz
Operating system: Windows 10

After using prafull's patch and GSdx plugin (SSE4) on PCSX2 ver. 1.6.0
This is running on stock settings except for the following:
Under Emulation Settings:
Speedhacks: MTVU is checked
Preset is set to Agressive

GSdx Video Settings:
Renderer: Direct3D 11 (Hardware)
Internal Resolution: 4x Native (~1440p 2k)

I think everything else is set to stock. Almost a locked 60fps (I guess that's the "monitor" fps and the game is measured by vps, so it's more like 30, thanks to aiirfloww on reddit for pointing that out for me!) - only a few places did I encounter slowdown. And if I tool the Internal Resolution down that would most likely eliminate it. This is on a gaming laptop. I also use the frontend Spectabis for my ps2 games so I can have custom configs for each game - so this one can use the custom GSdx plugin and not bother my other games! You can get the patch and extra info in case you run into any issues from prafall's post #438 on this page: https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Fixin...
All credit for this goes to prafull for making the patch & plugin, and thanks also to dhillel for letting me know about these patches on reddit (they found my old post from like a year ago about sort of getting Primal to a semi-playable state - this puts all that to shame!)

(05-13-2020, 02:09 PM)Rashik Wrote: [ -> ]Are you sure you can run it normmally in DX11 mode? I only have black screen. Works normally only in software mode like it says here: https://wiki.pcsx2.net/Primal

Black screen
  • Type: Serious
  • Description: FMV and ingame are showing black screen, menus are fine
  • Workaround: Go to Config -> Video(GS) -> Plugin Settings, and set Renderer to any of the "(Software)" options to get the best results.
@Rashik

you have to use the custom plugin to make it work in HW mode
Patch to fix sps in Tomb Raider - The Angel of Darkness [SLUS 20467] (U) and Tomb Raider - The Angel of Darkness [SLES 51227] (E)

Game still requires full boot and D3D mode to work properly.
retrofan2020, what is custom plugin and where to find it?