..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Compile Guide
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
woah what a ricochet way of asking!!!
the guide is nice by the way^^
(02-25-2009, 01:55 AM)kebrus Wrote: [ -> ][edit]
ok i feel stupid, whats the command for creating the copy with the revision number? and where exactly do i put it...

the guide is there but doesn't explains it
[/edit]

Read the section titled "Setting Alternate Target Destinations". When you set an alternate target, it will copy files with revision number appended. You should be able to specify your svn's /bin/ folder as a target if you like, as well (in case you don't want the files actually copied anywhere, just renamed). I didn't explicitly test that, but it should work.
Am I completely missing something, or does that wiki guide posted by Krakatos on the previous page say that you can use VS C++ Express 2008, when apparently you in fact can't, due to the lack of ATL/MFC support as pointed out in the earlier pages of this thread? So which is right... this thread (apparently so, since i just downloaded VS2008 C++ Express, and it doesn't work), or the wiki (and I'm missing out on something that will make this work?). I'm guessing the former, and the wiki page should be updated to removed the reference to C++ Express being usable.
well vs c++ express can be used for all the plugins and the emulator (except for gsdx Sad).
Alright, I guess that makes sense. I see it did indeed build everything except a GSdx.dll. Bummer about that, however, as that's one of the dlls I'd rather like to be rebuilding on a regular basis, since I use it. Thanks for the quick reply.

edit: Actually, on further looking (and another build), it actually will make the app, SPU2-X (good), a couple of null plugins (meh), and everything else fails (about 9 plugin targets), not just GSdx. So, still good for rebuilding the app regularly, but pretty massive fail for plugins, sadly.
(02-25-2009, 03:00 AM)Air Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-25-2009, 01:55 AM)kebrus Wrote: [ -> ][edit]
ok i feel stupid, whats the command for creating the copy with the revision number? and where exactly do i put it...

the guide is there but doesn't explains it
[/edit]

Read the section titled "Setting Alternate Target Destinations". When you set an alternate target, it will copy files with revision number appended. You should be able to specify your svn's /bin/ folder as a target if you like, as well (in case you don't want the files actually copied anywhere, just renamed). I didn't explicitly test that, but it should work.
i read that section obviously, what i can't figure it out is how exactly do you set an alternate target, the guide only explains how to set up an Env. Var. (which i did)... now how do i tell VS to do it using that var? (or is it something automatic?) i even wondered around in the post-build events configurations but i don't really know if should do something there and how...

[edit]
-_- forget it, sorry... i forgot to log out and log in again... it's working now
[/edit]
I'm trying to build this in Ubuntu Intrepid x64, but I get lots of include errors, it seems that in the SVN there is a big merge in action. From where can I download the source code in a good state to be built with the plugins?

Thanks!
use r580. Or wait until Arcum fill all compilation issues, appered in r581.
I did that by inspecting the change logs, I updated to r580 and when building I get the following error

Code:
zerogs.cpp: In function ‘void ZeroGS::KickSprite()’:
zerogs.cpp:4277: sorry, unimplemented: inlining failed in call to ‘void SetKickVertex(VertexGPU*, Vertex, int, const ZeroGS::VB&)’: function not inlinable
It's mainly ZeroSPU2 that I have to fix at the moment, due to the dependancy on SoundTouch. I've gotten most of the rest to compile again...