..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Compile Guide
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well... if you're working in the same directory: did you clean ups project defore compiling the new one?
i always do Rebuild and it comes out ok (strange though Huh )
(04-28-2009, 08:36 AM)Kein Wrote: [ -> ]Well... if you're working in the same directory: did you clean ups project before compiling the new one?

No,I keep the old version but:
1.The new one is overwriting the old GSdx.dll and creates GSdx-r???.dll
2.I tried with the compiled GSdx.dll and GSdx-r???.dll and they are the same.

When I compile it again the GSdx.dll and GSdx-r???.dll are the new ones
And this is not happening every time.

(04-28-2009, 08:45 AM)LuisR14 Wrote: [ -> ]i always do Rebuild and it comes out ok (strange though Huh )

That takes WAY too much time.When I want to compile ZeroSPU2,SPU2-X,GSdx and pcsx2 if I didn't compile them before(compile them for the first time or rebuild the solution)it takes ~30min. to finish.
need help with compiling pcsx2. im using Fedora 10.

got the src using 'svn co https://pcsx2.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/pcsx2 pcsx2'

Code:
GS.cpp: In function ‘void GIFdma()’:
GS.cpp:1088: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
GS.cpp:1097: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
GS.cpp:1115: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
GS.cpp:1153: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
GS.cpp:1157: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
GS.cpp:1159: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
GS.cpp:1170: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
GS.cpp:1192: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
GS.cpp:1233: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
GS.cpp:1240: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
GS.cpp:1256: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
GS.cpp: In function ‘void mfifoGIFtransfer(int)’:
GS.cpp:1387: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
GS.cpp:1414: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
GS.cpp:1450: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
GS.cpp:1459: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
GS.cpp:1471: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
GS.cpp: In function ‘void gifMFIFOInterrupt()’:
GS.cpp:1480: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
GS.cpp:1494: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
GS.cpp: In function ‘void* GSThreadProc(void*)’:
GS.cpp:1538: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
GS.cpp:1545: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
GS.cpp:1547: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
GS.cpp:1549: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
GS.cpp:1557: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
GS.cpp:1765: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
make[1]: *** [GS.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/media/disk-1/Games/emulator/pcsx2_src_linux/pcsx2/pcsx2'
make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
Error with building pcsx2
Sorry, but it's not complete output. Error message is not here.
(04-28-2009, 10:57 AM)odee2004 Wrote: [ -> ]need help with compiling pcsx2. im using Fedora 10.

got the src using 'svn co https://pcsx2.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/pcsx2 pcsx2'

That is a very old version of pcsx2, and likely does not compile in linux (earlier revisions of trunk on the sourceforge mirror may, but I'm pretty sure the head revision doesn't).

Get your sources from our repository at http://code.google.com/p/pcsx2 instead, the place we moved to 8-10 months ago, or so. You can find the checkout info there. IIRC, the svn is accessed via:

svn co http://pcsx2.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ pcsx2-suite
(04-28-2009, 02:30 PM)Air Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-28-2009, 10:57 AM)odee2004 Wrote: [ -> ]need help with compiling pcsx2. im using Fedora 10.

That is a very old version of pcsx2, and likely does not compile in linux (earlier revisions of trunk on the sourceforge mirror may, but I'm pretty sure the head revision doesn't).

Get your sources from our repository at http://code.google.com/p/pcsx2 instead, the place we moved to 8-10 months ago, or so. You can find the checkout info there. IIRC, the svn is accessed via:

svn co http://pcsx2.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ pcsx2-suite
-------------------------------------------------
thanks for the reply.

ok, i compiled the src from http://pcsx2.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ and it works now. but i get an error after configuring pcsx2.

here is the error when i try to run it on the terminal:
Code:
[odee@odee bin]$ ./pcsx2
    F1 - save state
    (Shift +) F2 - cycle states
    F3 - load state
    F10 - dump performance counters
    F11 - save GS state
    F12 - dump hardware registers
PCSX2 (beta) - compiled on Apr 28 2009
Savestate version: 8b410001
EE pc offset: 0x2a8, IOP pc offset: 0x208
x86Init:
    CPU vendor name =  GenuineIntel
    FamilyID  =  9
    x86Family =  Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz
    CPU speed =  2.795 Ghz
    Cores     =  1 physical [1 logical]
    x86PType  =  Standard OEM
    x86Flags  =  bfebfbff 0000651d
    x86EFlags =  20000000

Features:
    Detected MMX
    Detected SSE
    Detected SSE2
    Detected SSE3
    Not Detected SSSE3
    Not Detected SSE4.1

First try failed allocating Vtlb at address 0x2400000
Fatal Error:
    Second try failed allocating Vtlb, block ptr 0xb5a00000 does not meet required criteria.

ohhh and the error above is the same error i get from the pcsx2 binary download i got from pcsx2.net. the reason why i tried compiling instead of downloading the emulator but still it doesn't work.

PC specs:
p4 2.80ghz
3gb ram
geforce 8400gs
Fedora Core 10

i was wondering if there are other FC10 users getting the same error as i am.
Well, seems that pcsx2 could not map desired memory. Hard to tell, why. May be you should use pre-VTLB versions (something like: svn co http://pcsx2-playground.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ -r 458)
(04-28-2009, 07:07 PM)Zeydlitz Wrote: [ -> ]Well, seems that pcsx2 could not map desired memory. Hard to tell, why. May be you should use pre-VTLB versions (something like: svn co http://pcsx2-playground.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ -r 458)

revision 458 wont compile.

errors:
Code:
build.sh: line 6: cd: /media/disk-1/Games/emulator/pcsx2_src_linux/pcsx2-r458/plugins/gs: No such file or directory
build.sh: line 6: cd: /media/disk-1/Games/emulator/pcsx2_src_linux/pcsx2-r458/plugins/gs: No such file or directory
build.sh: fork: Resource temporarily unavailable
Error with building plugins

do you know of the last working revision with the old vtlb version?
odee > Try the latest trunk revision now. The problem you had opriginally should be fixed now. The memory allocation code has been streamlined, and the address it tries to grab fixed (the address was tyop'd to be 0z2400000 instead of 0x24000000 -- spot the difference Wink