..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Compile Guide
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
intel's compiler produces horribly slow gsdx, icc
What about emu itself? I fail to compile it:
Code:
..\..\CDVD\CDVDaccess.cpp(521): error: a value of type "void (__stdcall *)(void (__stdcall *)())" cannot be used to initialize an entity of type "_CDVDnewDiskCB"
..\..\CDVD\CDVDisoReader.cpp(422): error: a value of type "void (__stdcall *)(void (__stdcall *)())" cannot be used to initialize an entity of type "_CDVDnewDiskCB"
Any ideas how to fix this?
This failed to compile for me.

I take it that's a sign that VS Express isn't good enough, and I need the full VS.

Just a (noob) question. The most complicated C++ program I've done was only slightly more complicated than "Hello, World". Can I compile this on Linux, then run on Windows?
(08-05-2009, 06:24 PM)Macha Wrote: [ -> ]This failed to compile for me.

1: I take it that's a sign that VS Express isn't good enough
2: Can I compile this on Linux, then run on Windows?

1: I use express 08 and have had no problems with PCSX2 itself, you're doing something wrong, check your settings.

2: no, because it uses inline asm (assembly) that compiles and calculates as it compiles.
Grab Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Express Editions with SP1, it's free from Microsoft. Bear in mind you only need to install Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition with SP1 in it.

Also refer to CompileGuideForWindows at PCSX2 on Google code.

I've successfully built with it on numerous times.
(08-06-2009, 03:04 AM)pcsx2fan Wrote: [ -> ]Grab Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Express Editions with SP1, it's free from Microsoft. Bear in mind you only need to install Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition with SP1 in it.

Also refer to CompileGuideForWindows at PCSX2 on Google code.

I've successfully built with it on numerous times.

I already had VS C++ 2008 Express (I downloaded the full set ISO (VS C++, VS C#, VS VB, SQL Server express editions), as I do C# programming, and it's the only way not to redownload every install.
Yes but was it with SP1? it needs SP1 to work right Tongue

And as mentioned before PCSX2 wont be a problem but you might not be able to get the plugins compiled, so are you sure it wasnt just the plugins that failed?
I have the full version of Microsoft Visual Studio. How do I go about downloading SP1 as I am unable to successfully build pcsx2.
The full shouldnt need SP1.

What problem do you get when trying to compile?
I've ever built successfully with VS2008 Professional a 90-day free trial from M$ without SP1, You don't have to chase that bigger VS2008 Team Suite as Compile Guide mentioned here at the first post.