..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: GSdx 1.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, tested. That makes the shadow overlay disappear, but doesn't fix the missing shadow at that location. Shadows still work fine at other locations. Forgot to mention HW depth is required for shadows.

EDIT: Ok, seems like shadows actually appear before the commit I indicated (Windows, didn't test Linux). But very flickery. No shadow overlay though in release build.
You'll have to put the CRC hack level up to minimal (i think) for now to fix MGS3, that will make it exactly how it was before.
@turtleli
Well debug code is still broken. The issue is that the initial value of target is wrong.
1/ release code take random data, sometime it takes the previous RT that were wrongly discarded by the texture cache. So blending is not too bad, except opengl discard the data. I don't know what to do on that subject.
2/ debug/dev code, clear @ 0 the RT. Less noise but still wrong.

@Dr_Hycodan
Do you mean with CRC full ? I think I can improve the rendering but it is quite complex and it requires big update.
OpenGL should be fine in Minimal/Partial.
OpenGL need partial actually. Hum, I'm not sure that you deals with the same blue overlay.
1/ The old one is dark blue cloud
2/ The new one is light blue overlay
From what I remember, it should be a yellowish overlay to simulate lighting colour, but from last i knew it was a case of the top left corner was correct and the rest was blue, i believe it was a texture cache problem?
Well even though it might be more broken than before, but I can tell it's actually getting more accurate because you have most of the post processing correct, except when it shows sunrise, the bloom is way too bright making the plane and clouds invisible with just a white screen. And is there any way to fix the shadows in silent hill 4 and onimusha 2 yet?
@Gregory, any insight on the dump file I posted, i.e possible leads on what's causing incorrect framebuffer effects?
So, if you look carefully you will notice a strange top left rectangle (at least on one of your dump). The rectangle seem to do the effect.
Looking at my report. It is likely a texture cache issue similar as MGS3/PoP

First texture is hit but remaining textures are miss.
Quote:TypeOhmythers ID:33 Severity:Info Message:TC: dst Color hit (full): 1 (0xd00, F:0x1)
TypeOhmythers ID:36 Severity:Info Message:TC: src miss (0xd20, F:0x1)
TypeOhmythers ID:39 Severity:Info Message:TC: src miss (0xd40, F:0x1)
TypeOhmythers ID:42 Severity:Info Message:TC: src miss (0xd60, F:0x1)
TypeOhmythers ID:45 Severity:Info Message:TC: src miss (0xd80, F:0x1)
TypeOhmythers ID:48 Severity:Info Message:TC: src miss (0xda0, F:0x1)
TypeOhmythers ID:51 Severity:Info Message:TC: src miss (0xdc0, F:0x1)
TypeOhmythers ID:54 Severity:Info Message:TC: src miss (0xde0, F:0x1)
TypeOhmythers ID:57 Severity:Info Message:TC: src miss (0xe00, F:0x1)

It is potentially fixable but it requires big changes. However the fix might impact badly the perf.
(07-17-2015, 08:57 PM)refraction Wrote: [ -> ]From what I remember, it should be a yellowish overlay to simulate lighting colour, but from last i knew it was a case of the top left corner was correct and the rest was blue, i believe it was a texture cache problem?
yellowish overlay is another issue which may or not appears. It is random Tongue2 It won't appears if first issue is fixed.