..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: GSdx 1.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(07-30-2015, 10:11 AM)turtleli Wrote: [ -> ]Latest git master fixes the Suikoden 4 overlay issue.

Last 2 commits on sw-blending-postprocessing fixes accurate blend corruption on that branch for Suikoden Tactics.

Quote:Yep seems fixed. Thanks bro you are the best.

Great, lots of good news Smile
ESC button in fullscreen mode freezes the window in Opengl mode in latest git. Have to press the windows key afterward to get out.
(07-30-2015, 09:19 AM)gregory Wrote: [ -> ]AF likely create aliasing issue similar to MSAA/Upscaling. Nothing I can do. Don't use it for this game.

Well, it works perfectly fine if I enable Allow 8-Bit Textures, so I'll just continue using that as a workaround. D3D11 is also fine with AF. Thanks for the help Smile
Wow your new high level of accurate blending is almost as accurate as software mode now, Red Dead Revolver finally has the shadows emulated with blending on high and no CRC hacks. I just wanna give a shout out to gregory for his amazing work on gsdx this past 2 months. Only issue that remains is the constant pausing when reaching new areas or scenes. Also makes pcsx2 seem to crash a lot more, is there a memory leak? Anyway, amazing work and progress.
Is there any way to remove that ugly white transparent overlay in ICO without removing the shadows also?
[attachment=56514]
Anyone makes hdr-clip builds here?
wait, I thought testing was on hold  Huh tried Haunting Ground with the most recent version and it seems more broken than 1.2.1  Wacko
Yes. I'm still trying to stabilize the code. Prafull reports me 3 regressions in the past few days... However I know that the new code fixes some effects and is much faster to emulate those special effects. So I asked specific test.

@kein check the PR thread of the branch. A build were posted.
Does GSdx render differently when the "Allow 8-bit textures" option is enabled?

I just noticed that on both Suikoden Tactics and Suikoden 4, the texture filtering artifacts (off by a pixel, #630) disappears when it's enabled.

EDIT: It doesn't matter if it's D3D9, D3D11 or OpenGL either.
Allow 8 bit textures basically does this:

Modern GPU aren't equipped to handle 8 bit textures well, so normally we convert them to e.g. 32 bits or whatever. However, sometimes this causes issues. Allow 8 bit textures allows them to be used directly, but the performance can be worse because as I said modern GPUs just aren't designed to deal with them efficiently.