..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: GSdx 1.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
DOOM does use OpenGL

The closed Beta ran really well on AMD.
The open beta runs like garbage on AMD, regardless of driver version (the game also uses 4.3 over 4.5)
GSdx uses openGL 3.3 + GL4 extensions. I'm far from openGL 4.5. I'm still supporting DX10 GPUs that have a working driver...

However SSO is from 4.2. I'm nearly sure the game uses GL4.4/GL4.5 extensions too when available.

Anyway, DOOM triggers some openGL driver issues for sure. So yeah it could be just a nice side effect. Let's wait the 16.6 driver release to confirm the behavior. Because, I'm afraid that any commit to GSdx might break it again. Or that next driver release will be broken too.
id software employees confirm that they are using 4.3 + extensions from 4.4 and 4.5.
They also say that AMD is probably working on the drivers for better performance at ultra settings.
https://twitter.com/axelgneiting/status/...9172960256
For sure, some extensions are mandatory, available everywhere and give a nice performance improvement.
By the way I pushed a couple of speed improvement for accurate date. I will maybe move the option as a speed hack and keep it always on. But I would like some performance tests.

Game that could be tested (and likely plenty of games):
* Persona (shadow)
* Fifa (shadow)
* DBZ
* Digital Devil
* Nocturne
I'll test in 3:30 hours
(05-16-2016, 01:56 PM)gregory Wrote: [ -> ]By the way I pushed a couple of speed improvement for accurate date. I will maybe move the option as a speed hack and keep it always on. But I would like some performance tests.
Please don't, it still crashes many games on my system.
Oh I wasn't aware of the crash. Do you have more info ? Native? Do you still have them? Try to disable this extension,
Quote:override_GL_ARB_shader_image_load_store = 0

Note: the plan was to keep an user hack to disable it (like depth emulation)
(05-16-2016, 03:56 PM)gregory Wrote: [ -> ]Oh I wasn't aware of the crash. Do you have more info ? Native? Do you still have them? Try to disable this extension,

Note: the plan was to keep an user hack to disable it (like depth emulation)
Yes, by still crashing I meant with the latest git revision. And it does also crash on native. I'll try disabling the extension.

Will accurate date improve anything in most games? I'm only aware of a few games where it's needed.

EDIT: With "override_GL_ARB_shader_image_load_store = 0" in the ini it doesn't crash anymore.
Yes it improves some shadows rendering. Worst case is 10% of perf impact but now it could also be faster. Do you remember how to opengl debug trace on windows? Maybe there is a driver error that will be reported. Do you have any stack trace of the crash?