..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: GSdx 1.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(04-11-2016, 04:23 PM)FlatOut Wrote: [ -> ]Update: It won't ever get fixed for me. The the following GPU series are in the legacy products (which won't get bugfixes): AMD Radeon™ R5 235X, Radeon™ R5 235, Radeon™ R5 230, Radeon™ R5 220, Radeon™ HD 8470, Radeon™ HD 8350, Radeon™ HD 8000 (D/G variants), Radeon™ HD 7000 Series (HD 7600 and below), Radeon™ HD 6000 Series, and Radeon™ HD 5000 Series

Can you not hack the .inf file like in the old days?
(04-11-2016, 04:05 PM)gregory Wrote: [ -> ]I pushed a hack for the game. Please try latest git.

Hello,

Yes it works. Smile

However, CRC Hack Level must be configured at least on "Minimum", shadows works only on "NONE" (as on NTSC Version) then they disappear but it's better that before anyway. Smile

Also, performance decrease a lot above of CRC NONE and from the hack: ~39/54 FPS in zone(Minimum/Partial/Full) against ~90/115 FPS on NONE.
(04-11-2016, 04:23 PM)FlatOut Wrote: [ -> ]Update: It won't ever get fixed for me. The the following GPU series are in the legacy products (which won't get bugfixes): AMD Radeon™ R5 235X, Radeon™ R5 235, Radeon™ R5 230, Radeon™ R5 220, Radeon™ HD 8470, Radeon™ HD 8350, Radeon™ HD 8000 (D/G variants), Radeon™ HD 7000 Series (HD 7600 and below), Radeon™ HD 6000 Series, and Radeon™ HD 5000 Series

Mirh tolds me they still release some drivers. We need to put pressure on AMD to bring the fix on those older GPU.[

Quote:However, CRC Hack Level must be configured at least on "Minimum", shadows works only on "NONE" (as on NTSC Version) then they disappear but it's better that before anyway. [Image: smile.gif]

Also, performance decrease a lot above of CRC NONE and from the hack: ~39/54 FPS in zone(Minimum/Partial/Full) against ~90/115 FPS on NONE.
I finally found the CRC hack to disable.
(04-08-2016, 05:37 PM)gregory Wrote: [ -> ]AMD has the fix, they just need to finish the QA (I think). The best solution so far is to ask a status on facebook/twitter/reddit (aka high impact social network). Just to remainder them that some people highly wait a working driver. Normally there is a high probability that it is a matter of a month rather a year but you're right there is no guarantee.

For Intel, I don't know. Honestly I wasn't aware that it was broken too. But the solution isn't to put a tons of code to workaround the driver. It was necessary on the past but not for the future. Could you test on Intel the testcase from this thread https://community.amd.com/thread/194895 and tell us the rendering color. Potentially, it could also be a geometry shader issue, which can still be disabled with "override_geometry_shader = 0"

Unexpectedly with "override_geometry_shader = 0" on AMD GPU the PCSX2 OpenGL get extra 3-5 fps on GT4.
Well at least AMD replied, but being vague as ever

Quote:It missed the driver release in March (the one with Vulkan, etc. - which was already in lock-down when the fix was written.) It's scheduled for a future release. Keep in mind any public release goes through a lot of testing and QA! In the meantime, please use the workaround (i.e. don't use separate shader objects.)
(04-13-2016, 10:26 AM)refraction Wrote: [ -> ]Well at least AMD replied, but being vague as ever

At least we know it's coming.
(04-13-2016, 05:25 AM)tabnk Wrote: [ -> ]Unexpectedly with "override_geometry_shader = 0" on AMD GPU the PCSX2 OpenGL get extra 3-5 fps on GT4.

Hum strange, what is your GPU? Normally Geometry Shader moves work from the CPU to the GPU. OpenGL only uses it for the sprite. It would be interesting to test more game. If it really helps, maybe we can add the option in the GUI.

(04-13-2016, 10:26 AM)refraction Wrote: [ -> ]Well at least AMD replied, but being vague as ever

(04-13-2016, 05:13 PM)dogen Wrote: [ -> ]At least we know it's coming.
I'm afraid it would be 3 more months. But yes, it is a progress. However we still have the case of first DX11 card. I really hope they do something (vulkan can wait)
(04-13-2016, 07:27 PM)gregory Wrote: [ -> ]Hum strange, what is your GPU? Normally Geometry Shader moves work from the CPU to the GPU. OpenGL only uses it for the sprite. It would be interesting to test more game. If it really helps, maybe we can add the option in the GUI.

I'm afraid it would be 3 more months. But yes, it is a progress. However we still have the case of first DX11 card. I really hope they do something (vulkan can wait)

Only tested on two games which are GT4 and Dark Cloud. Tested on AMD R9 290 and 270.
Haunting Ground about 6 more  fps with override_geometry_shader = 0

[attachment=59594]
[attachment=59595]
It seems you use a big upscaling resolution. Is the impact the same on 2/3x native?