..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: GSdx 1.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Iv tried Crash TwinSanity with hardware depth fix that should fix the wall of fog but it just removes the wall of fog to ground level, i thought id mention this as on the first page here it says its fixed

Im using Opengl hardware as its the best i think (have tried others same results, software mode works but of course doesnt look as nice), no matter what resolution i try all result in the same, crc hacks and blending unit accuracy make no difference either

[Image: IdhTQmr.jpg]
(07-03-2015, 10:39 PM)gregory Wrote: [ -> ]@AzazelDC,

There is a new hidden option in the latest build. Could you test it on tales of legendia. Be sure to set CRC on None

I know this is "old/necromancy", but since I could not find a post where AzacelDC replied with updated results for Tales of Legendia, and I am still affected by this particular issue I thought I might post my results.

Game:  Tales of Legendia - NTSC SLUS-21201
PCSX2:  v1.3.1-1198-gc700035
GSDx:  20150928094130 (MSVC 18.0, AVX) 1.0.0 [GSDX32-AVX]
Operating System:  Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (build 10240), 64-bit
Physical RAM: 8173 MB
CPU name: Intel® Core™ i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz
CPU speed: 3.410 ghz (8 logical threads)
Video Card:  nVidia GTX 960 2GB

Issue1:  Improperly displayed menus affecting both the main menu and shops depending on settings used.
Fixed by adding "UserHacks_ColorDepthClearOverlap=1" to the GSDX.INI, setting the CRC Hack Level to NONE, and turning on Hardware Depth.

Unfortunately it introduces a new issue

Issue2:  "Box" in upper left of game window in certain scenes.
Fixed by setting CRC Hack Level to Partial

However, doing that once again breaks the menus of shops, so you basically pick your poison; broken shop menus or a "box" in the upper left during certain scenes and/or on water.  Rather then make a series of screenshots showing this, I thought it might be easier to just make a video of it.  (at least for me it is)  I tried to keep it as short as possible.

Here is the link to the GS Dump of the "Box":  https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=8D...=file%2c7z

I assume you dont need a dump of the menus since it was posted months ago, but if you do I'll make one.
Not sure if this is as well a support request... if so:
The upper left corner is actually the only part of the screen that is properly emulated. To "remove"/shrink that rectangle you can increase internal resolution to 3x native or higher. It should scale down with increasing internal resolution. Or as always just use software mode.
(10-02-2015, 05:33 PM)willkuer Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure if this is as well a support request... if so:
The upper left corner is actually the only part of the screen that is properly emulated. To "remove"/shrink that rectangle you can increase internal resolution to 3x native or higher. It should scale down with increasing internal resolution. Or as always just use software mode.

Increasing internal resolution does not effect the "Box" on Tales of Legendia for me at all, it stays the same size no matter the internal resolution.

Actually, I play with the messed up menus, as the CRC Hacks actually increase the run speed by about 25% for me; since I use the CRC hacks the "box" doesn't bother me since I dont see it Tongue2. So yeah, I deal with broken menus for increased speed and no box, it would just be nice to finally give the devs the info they need to nip this problem in the bud finally.

TBH, once I beat the game, I will likely forget about this problem forever.... kind of like my sound echo issue I was having in Valkyrie Profile 2 after extended play sessions.. think that was like 2 years ago. lol I am only playing this as a "Tales of" refresher before Zestria hits PC this month.
i've tested haunting ground with tc x and y 500 in open_gl HW and dx11 HW, but both yellow image
Dont know if this is the right gdsx thread for the current model but is there any reason 7x native is missing?

Also, what does this mean:

Current Renderer: OpenGL (Hardware mode)
Failed to create a 2.0 context
Error: GLLoader failed to get GL version
Closing plugins...
Closing DEV9
Closing FW
Closing USB
Closing CDVD
Closing SPU2
Closing PAD
Closing GS
Plugins closed successfully.
Shutting down plugins...
Plugins shutdown successfully.
(pxActionEvent) GS plugin failed to open!(thread:MTGS)(thread:EE Core)
User-canceled plugin configuration after plugin initialization failure. Plugins unloaded.

Opengl worked the first couple of runs, now it doesnt?
Probably 2^n resolutions are easier to emulate (more accurate). The difference between 7xnative and 8xnative is marginal. Both are above fullHD.

Would you like to have 7xnative? If yes, why?
8 is 5K. 6 is closer to the low end 4K (3840x2160). I had my settings on 7 which is closer to 4096x2304 (high end 4K). If anything disable 6 and give me 7. Or better yet, one of the lower ones that no one uses. Especially since you guys are talking about removing custom resolutions. The difference in 3840 and 4096 isn't marginal in pc games, that's for sure. Neither is it in comparison to 5K which is 8. In normal pc games, 3840 gives me jaggies while 4096 doesn't Tongue
Me using 8 is too strong for the pc. I don't want to play in 5K, I want to play in 4K. High end 4K solves all my jaggie woes mostly for pc games. 8 (5K) is just too much struggle for my pc.
(01-09-2016, 07:52 PM)shinra358 Wrote: [ -> ]The difference in 3840 and 4096 isn't marginal in pc games, that's for sure

It's 6-7%.
If I consider how textures look on the ps2 I would call that marginal. But I know that there are people who wouldn't call that marginal.

8x/5k is too much for your gpu? you already answered.

I think putting 7x is easy from a code point of view. Gregory said something like he would rather like to support 2^n upscaling and nobody disagreed. The problem is the more options you provide the more confusing the dialog. However maybe 7xnative makes more sense than 6x. On the other side the relative step from 5xnative to 7xnative is larger than from 6xnative to 8xnative. So if we remove 6x native and include 7xnative we probably will get more people complaining about.

Maybe you open a github issue requesting this?
Ok, made the request. Any insight on the opengl thing though?

Also, I have a question about vsync. I disabled aero when the app runs. Which of course disables vsync on windowed apps. Pcsx2 has v-sync option. Since pcsx2 is borderless fullscreen and it has its own option for vsync, shouldn't vsync still work if aero is off? Because it doesn't now and there is massive fps loss if the option is on but aero is off.

Last question. If my desktop is in 3840 rez, why is fps decreased even more than if my desktop rez is 1080p?
Same settings, internal rez high, low 4k desktop = struggle
Same settings, internal rez high, 1080p desktop = fine

Also, maybe ridding of 6x isn't such a good idea since most ppl have 1080p monitors which can only dsr up to 3840. If anything 3x should go. But why get rid of any? there are only 8 options. It's not like it's really taking up space?