..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: GSdx 1.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I updated the code, normally you just need a debug build and those options
Code:
debug_glsl_shader = 1
debug_opengl = 1
There's nothing special in the OGL debug log. It cuts off on the following:
Code:
T:Oth ID:6013 S:Info => TC: Lookup Target(Color) 1280x1024, hit: 6 (0x800, F:0x0)
T:Oth ID:6013 S:Info => TC: Lookup Target(Depth) 1280x1024, hit: 9 (0x1800, F:0x30)
T:Oth ID:6013 S:Info => TC: src hit: 20 (0x2c00, F:0x14)
T:Perf ID:6016 S:Info => Split single draw in 302 draw
T:Oth ID:6016 S:Info => Write! ...  => 0x2c00 W:1 F:0 (DIR 0

The stack trace does indicate a driver issue. It ends on line 1240 of GSRendererOGL.cpp which is followed by some ati/amd OGL driver code which I can't debug.
What code do you have at this line?
(05-16-2016, 07:40 PM)gregory Wrote: [ -> ]What code do you have at this line?
Line 1240 is "glDepthMask(GLState::depth_mask);"
Could you try that
Code:
diff --git a/plugins/GSdx/GSRendererOGL.cpp b/plugins/GSdx/GSRendererOGL.cpp
index 5ee4e52..60a67d8 100644
--- a/plugins/GSdx/GSRendererOGL.cpp
+++ b/plugins/GSdx/GSRendererOGL.cpp
@@ -1236,14 +1236,15 @@ void GSRendererOGL::DrawPrims(GSTexture* rt, GSTexture* ds, GSTextureCache::Sour
        // Compute primitiveID max that pass the date test
        SendDraw(false);

+       // Be sure that first pass is finished !
+       dev->Barrier(GL_SHADER_IMAGE_ACCESS_BARRIER_BIT);
+
        // Ask PS to discard shader above the primitiveID max
        glDepthMask(GLState::depth_mask);

ps_sel.date = 3;
        dev->SetupPipeline(vs_sel, gs_sel, ps_sel);

-       // Be sure that first pass is finished !
-       dev->Barrier(GL_SHADER_IMAGE_ACCESS_BARRIER_BIT);
    }

if (ps_sel.hdr) {
Now it crashes at the moved "dev->Barrier(GL_SHADER_IMAGE_ACCESS_BARRIER_BIT);".
Hum, it feels like driver is lost.

Let's try to check the error before and after the draw call. Maybe it will have time to print something on the log.
Code:
diff --git a/plugins/GSdx/GSDeviceOGL.cpp b/plugins/GSdx/GSDeviceOGL.cpp
index 9f58924..b6921c0 100644
--- a/plugins/GSdx/GSDeviceOGL.cpp
+++ b/plugins/GSdx/GSDeviceOGL.cpp
@@ -482,10 +482,12 @@ void GSDeviceOGL::Flip()

void GSDeviceOGL::BeforeDraw()
{
+   CheckDebugLog();
}

void GSDeviceOGL::AfterDraw()
{
+   CheckDebugLog();
}

void GSDeviceOGL::DrawPrimitive()
Not exactly sure it's the right place to post

First, I think I've found a regression in Kya: Dark Lineage when using the OGL renderer and anything above native resolution  there's a blue line that always stays at a certain distance from your PoV like so:

This isn't present in 1.4.0 stable and it isn't fixed by any options or hacks except using native resolution.

Second, in Terminator 3:Redemption while the newer versions have fixed a ton of issues they also have created new ones.

Like this one which is not fixed by any of the settings or hacks in the HW OGL renderer and also isn't present in the 1.4.0 stable version.

[Image: dNQgpL.png]
SW renderer screenshot for comparison (the lights don't go through solid object on real hardware either)
[Image: FjfUzQ.png]
It also has the same line problem as Kya and some corrupted texture after switching to scan vision like so:

Those two problems were even worse in the 1.4.0 stable version since instead of just being a line everything farther than it was solid color in both normal vision and scan vision and scan vision itself made the framerate dip to 5 fps or less.

And third in Armored Core 3 the game goes way below 10 fps unless you disable depth emulation whereas without it I get around 100fps (not a bug per se but the speed penalty seems a bit extreme)

All those were tested on this machine:

Operating System
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
CPU
    Intel Core i7 4770K @ 4.20GHz
RAM
    16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 800MHz (8-8-8-24)
Motherboard
    ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. SABERTOOTH Z87
Graphics
  NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 (Gigabyte) with 365.19 drivers

Using this build of PCSX2 (v1.5.0-dev-758-g08f7bd2)

Whenever I get some free time I'll try to find which build caused the line to appear in Kya.
Code:
T:Oth    ID:1113    S:Info    => TC: src miss (0x3600, F:0x14)
T:Perf    ID:1116    S:Info    => Split single draw in 183 draw
T:Oth    ID:1116    S:Info    => TC: Lookup Target(Color) 1280x1024, hit: 6 (0x800, F:0x0)
T:Oth    ID:1116    S:Info    => TC: Lookup Target(Depth) 1280x1024, hit: 7 (0x1800, F:0x30)
T:Oth    ID:1116    S:Info    => TC: src miss (0x2c00, F:0x13)
T:Perf    ID:1119    S:Info    => Slow DATE w
It got this (Slow date with Alpha) ending the OGL debug log once, but all other times since it's still similar to to one I posted earlier.
@TransparentBlue
I would be interested by 2 gs dump of terminator. Please generate dump on the SW renderer.
First one, on the light issue. The second one, on the night vision issue.

@flatout
Did you enable accurate blending? Could you test without it? Otherwise I'm afraid that, once again, AMD driver is proven to be dull.