..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: GSdx 1.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(07-23-2016, 10:26 AM)zerowalker Wrote: [ -> ]What do you mean with that it's too heavy for current technology, do you mean the instruction set won't be able to be utilized programming wise until a bit later?

It generates too much heat.
Oh really?

Then again i know AVX stress testing does quite some heat.

Though, hmm, isn't it weird?

More heat basically mean that you make more process faster, no matter what the performance of the result is though.
But if it can produce a lot more heat, doesn't that mean that normally those "cycles" or what to call it, are wasted?
Didn't know an instruction set could do it, i just thought it was basically something you could do without the instruction set,
but the instruction set acts like a "Hardware Encoder" or something offloading or allowing some work to be done faster, like some kind of HW acceleration.

But how high temps do you reach with AVX then compared to non AVX, and how much is anticipated for AVX512? (generally speaking).
@zerowalker

If you're interested, you could create a new thread on Hardware/Software discussion subforums to discuss further about it.
Ah, my apologies i got lost in thought.

Will make a thread about to discuss it further, thanksSmile
Hello,

I dont have time for the moment for more experiment but on the last SVN and before of PCSX2, "Shadow of memories/Shadow of destiny" has shadow flicker. He was not there some months ago, game was perfect. Smile
Sorry got a hard time to understand you. You mean there is a regression. You speak French, do you? If yes, PM me a nice message. Add some useful info too.
* OS/Driver
* Dx/openGL
* First version that is bad or last version that was good.
Sorry for my english. I'll be more careful in future. Sad

I sent you a PM in french.
Regression in Okami between 1.5.0-dev-1226 and 1.5.0-dev-1230

Several particles and effects appear as solid grey shapes

[Image: wgl9URX.png]

GS dump https://www.dropbox.com/s/hx4mtemey3v2em...26.7z?dl=0

[Image: TJbSe1K.png]

GS dump https://www.dropbox.com/s/sc2j2zixfccaha...30.7z?dl=0
@okami, thank you. I'm looking into it. The regression info is very useful. I know the bad line of codes. I will tune it to fix the game.

Edit: fix pushed. Please test it.
Fixed