..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: GSdx 1.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I found a problem between different version of same game. Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne (NTSC version) and Shin Megami Tensei: Lucifer's Call (PAL version).

Black bar at the top on Pal Version, on NTSC version he isn't not here (as software) and the luminosity is not good on PAL Version. Furthermore on the two version the shadow works on "CRC None" only but more surprising FPS are twice higher and there is a difference of FPS between version:

On Unlimited speed:
-NTSX: 58/59 FPS CRC PARTIAL/FULL, 102 FPS CRC NONE.
-PAL: 57/58 FPS CRC PARTIAL/FULL, 85 FPS CRC NONE.

Here the screenshot:

Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne (NTSC Version)
[Image: Gez6sAR.jpg]

Shin Megami Tensei: Lucifer's Call (Pal Version)
[Image: Rsp0wXY.jpg]

My Config:

Windows 10 (Up to date)
Intel G3258 4.7 Ghz
Geforce GTX 750 Ti
8 Go DDR3 1600 Mhz
Last SVN of PCSX2

All settings tested, with or without speedhack, no widescreen patch, no cheat, it's similar.

EDIT: Add GSDUMP of two version of game.

- GSDUMP_LuciferCall_PALVersion.7z ==> Pal Version of game.
- GSDUMP_Nocturne_NTSCVersion.7z ==> NTSC Version of game.
The game uses a resolution of 512x244. RT is located at 0x700 and depth at 0x0

Bug number 1. The top bar.
* The game saves the depth buffer in the EE but with a resolution of 512x255. So it is ending to 0x7F8, ouch it saves the top of the RT too.
For a modern GPU, depth and color buffer are separated. It sucks, we need to detect a double invalidation (either hack/option/generic way).

Bug number 2. The darker screen.
* The game will restore the previously saved buffer at position 0x0 to 0x7F8.
* Because of the extra RT pixels, GSdx will invalidate the texture located at 0x700. However it ought to be a partial invalidation because only the top row is written (and with invalid data due to bug 1).
Why that doesn't happen on NTSC version of game? The code is different or maybe exclusive fix for the NTSC version include in the code?

And if we copied the fix for PAL version?
(04-11-2016, 01:58 PM)AzazelDC Wrote: [ -> ]Why that doesn't happen on NTSC version of game? The code is different or maybe exclusive fix for the NTSC version include in the code?

It's possible they changed how it worked to compensate for the extra 10 frames per second the NTSC system runs at.
Hum, at start of game on PAL version we can choose NTSC(60Hz) mode and subtitle language.

Pal version run at 60 FPS then but maybe.
(04-11-2016, 02:34 PM)AzazelDC Wrote: [ -> ]Hum, at start of game on PAL version we can choose NTSC(60Hz) mode and subtible language.

Pal version run at 60 FPS then but maybe.

well, it will do on the emulator, you can probably run it at 150fps if you wanted to, but we were not the target platform Tongue
The difference is the resolution. I guess NTSC does ???x244 transfer (or maybe smaller) whereas PAL does ???x256 transfer. I think we can add a CRC hack to limit the transfer to ???x244 and it could be fine.
I pushed a hack for the game. Please try latest git.
Seems to be working Wink
(04-08-2016, 05:37 PM)gregory Wrote: [ -> ]AMD has the fix, they just need to finish the QA (I think). The best solution so far is to ask a status on facebook/twitter/reddit (aka high impact social network). Just to remainder them that some people highly wait a working driver. Normally there is a high probability that it is a matter of a month rather a year but you're right there is no guarantee.
Update: It won't ever get fixed for me. The the following GPU series are in the legacy products (which won't get bugfixes): AMD Radeon™ R5 235X, Radeon™ R5 235, Radeon™ R5 230, Radeon™ R5 220, Radeon™ HD 8470, Radeon™ HD 8350, Radeon™ HD 8000 (D/G variants), Radeon™ HD 7000 Series (HD 7600 and below), Radeon™ HD 6000 Series, and Radeon™ HD 5000 Series