..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: GSdx 1.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was joking people that desperately want a DX12/Vulkan port for the speed Wink
They probably still want those ports if they have an AMD GPU.
What they really want are functional drivers
Lol, both good point Wink

For those games, speed impact will even be better on AMD (well normally). I removed lots of draw call so driver overhead must be much smaller
Will the Alpha hack be available in OpenGL again? KH Re:COM still has the shadow corruption problem but i still prefer using OpenGL. I'm using the latest GIT builds atm. Or will this issue be actually fixed? Making it as accurate as possible doesn't seem to be helping at all and just slows down the game.(CRC hack None<->Safest does nothing, Accurate Date does nothing, Ultra Blending profile does nothing either).

The only plugin that can solve this issue in HW mode is D3D11 because the alpha hack in D3D9 is broken and does nothing either.

I would really love to have working shadows in HW mode of the gsdx plugin in KH Re:COM(Alpha hack disables shadows) but maybe this is out of reach in the near future?
No. Because alpha hack is just a bad hack. It doesn't really solve anything. Care to post a screenshot. And what is the full name of the game.
(06-01-2016, 10:09 PM)gregory Wrote: [ -> ]No. Because alpha hack is just a bad hack. It doesn't really solve anything. Care to post a screenshot. And what is the full name of the game.

Game: http://wiki.pcsx2.net/index.php/Kingdom_...f_Memories
Emulation settings: Safest+Clamping modes EE: Full and VUs: Extra

It only happens with 2x+ native resolution, but is certainly the only reason i'm using HW mode GSdx(My CPU is fast enough for GSdx SW+AVX2)

The Alpha hack removed the shadows that were causing issues with w/ upscaling.

Though, the higher the resolution was the smaller the black lines that appeared in shadows were(due to increase in pixel count most likely).

The only reason i'm switching between D3D11/OpenGL is due to the fact that OpenGL is missing the alpha hack to "fix"(remove shadows) this issue.

2x native:

[Image: Oa9jOy4.png]

8x Native
[Image: LRUpX7G.png]

D3D9 8x Native w/ and w/o Alpha hack(alpha hack is borked here?)

[Image: pk9TfPo.png]

D3D11 8x Native w/o Alpha hack:
[Image: vYY4WGQ.png]

D3D11 8x Native w/ Alpha hack:
[Image: QHu6Pim.png]

As a sidenote which is not stated in PCSX2 Wiki, text speech bubbles sometimes show random colors at the bottom of it and rendered wrong, this even happens when using SW mode of OpenGL(or any other): http://i.imgur.com/585aJNx.jpg

Edit: I found out that using 8x Native rather than 2x(or anything in between) removes(or makes them practically invisible) most Shadows problems. Can still be really distracting though, but is certainly way more playable than on lower resolutions!
That shadow is massively broken, we should probably address that rather than get rid of it or make it lighter.
But does the shadow work in Native resolution?
(06-02-2016, 12:26 PM)gregory Wrote: [ -> ]But does the shadow work in Native resolution?

I think it does, or it just becomes so hard to see... I can't tell. There are some other broken stuff that also happens on SW mode aswell. No matter if it's due to being native or not, because this is the first time i've seen it happen because of upscaling and i've played countless games i own on PS2. I've been using it since my PS2 died(3+ years ago)

1 thing is that the lines ALWAYS appear to the right side of the staircase and the exit(opposite side of the staircase)

This is also the case in in-game levels, where it always appears only from 2 sides.
It'd be really awesome if this particular issue can somehow be fixed(and maybe the emulation problems aswell, like the chat bubbles in the picture above) I think the shadows are a issue within GSdx, not sure about the text bubbles(probably too).