..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows -- yet another DualShock 4 driver! (No longer under active development)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(06-29-2014, 02:56 AM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]Also Version 10.651 is live:

I've tried to find an answer to my question but was unable to, so sorry if I've missed something somewhere...

I would like to install your (J2K) version of DS4Windows. I haven't installed any other DS driver. I'm a bit confused as to the preinstallation requirements for your version. I've read that your version is more similar to DSDCS and from what I can see, the DSDCS installer includes everything needed (.NET, VSC Runtimes and SCP). The DSDCS installer is much larger in size though so I'm wondering if yours is in fact more similar to electrobrains version (as you're most active in his thread too)?

If I install your version, should I follow the install guide from electrobrains first post of this thread (install 360 software, follow install instructions of XInput wrapper in Scarlet.Crushes thread, install DS4Windows 1.0) and then install DS4Windows J2K v1.4? Or can/should I skip/change parts of the instructions instead?

Or could I even use the DSDCS installer first and then use yours? I've read good things about both versions. Out of interest, what are the major differences?

...again, apologies if this has been answered elsewhere. And a massive thank you to all involved in making this happen!
(07-08-2014, 01:38 PM)LlamaLlamaLamp Wrote: [ -> ]I've tried to find an answer to my question but was unable to, so sorry if I've missed something somewhere...

I would like to install your (J2K) version of DS4Windows. I haven't installed any other DS driver. I'm a bit confused as to the preinstallation requirements for your version. I've read that your version is more similar to DSDCS and from what I can see, the DSDCS installer includes everything needed (.NET, VSC Runtimes and SCP). The DSDCS installer is much larger in size though so I'm wondering if yours is in fact more similar to electrobrains version (as you're most active in his thread too)?

If I install your version, should I follow the install guide from electrobrains first post of this thread (install 360 software, follow install instructions of XInput wrapper in Scarlet.Crushes thread, install DS4Windows 1.0) and then install DS4Windows J2K v1.4? Or can/should I skip/change parts of the instructions instead?

Or could I even use the DSDCS installer first and then use yours? I've read good things about both versions. Out of interest, what are the major differences?

...again, apologies if this has been answered elsewhere. And a massive thank you to all involved in making this happen!

You can use my installer then uninstall and the prerequisites should remain, the installer is larger because it includes the entire SCP driver library (just for the sake of completeness) even though all you really need is the virtual bus drivers from it. It will however depending on the needs of your system download a few hundred extra MBs from the Microsoft servers in the form of .NET versions and runtime Libraries, once thats done though you should have everything you need to run any version of the software out there.
(07-08-2014, 01:50 PM)jhebbel Wrote: [ -> ]You can use my installer then uninstall and the prerequisites should remain, the installer is larger because it includes the entire SCP driver library (just for the sake of completeness) even though all you really need is the virtual bus drivers from it. It will however depending on the needs of your system download a few hundred extra MBs from the Microsoft servers in the form of .NET versions and runtime Libraries, once thats done though you should have everything you need to run any version of the software out there.

Awesome! Thanks for that! I think I might just stay on DSDCS for a while then.
(07-08-2014, 01:13 PM)jhebbel Wrote: [ -> ]just set the PS button to unbound in the mapping, that 'should' keep BP from popping up anymore.

I still want the choice to bring it up with the guide button. Setting the shift mod to the back button seems to have done the trick.
(07-08-2014, 01:38 PM)LlamaLlamaLamp Wrote: [ -> ]I've tried to find an answer to my question but was unable to, so sorry if I've missed something somewhere...

There's a bunch of different methods, electro's, mine, and jheb's all have different ways to install what's needed, and that's the Virtual bus driver, each work way with the other versions of DS4Windows.
As Jheb said DSDCS comes with the V. Bus Driver and more, so you don't have to download anything but that, unless you don't have 4.0/4.5.
Mine is almost similar, you just need to download my version, and there's an option to download and install the driver right in the porgram.
For Electro's you download the vbus driver, install it, then download DS4Windows.
Point is you can download the VBus on your own, from DSSCS, or from mine, and all other version of DS4Windows will be fine.
(07-08-2014, 05:57 PM)Nabs Wrote: [ -> ]I still want the choice to bring it up with the guide button. Setting the shift mod to the back button seems to have done the trick.

Yeah the unbound action get's changed to fall back for shift controls, seeing that's a good reason to have unbound for that, I'll bring it in for shift controls.
Small update, Version 1.4.0.1:
Added Unbound to shift modifier, Reworked Settings tab layout so it looks less cluttered, and Check Drivers at start is back, this way actually checks if the VBus driver is installed and needs to be if not. It was disabled because certain user accounts (like guests) couldn't start the tool up, that has been fixed as well
The bluetooth off on stop option is now fixed on 1.4.0.0 too xD

Bluetooth connecting... mode still brings up the keyboard automatically when already in a profile but changing which controller does it fixes the problem (unless you are using one of those controllers) but if you got friends over, you probably won't be in the program for that to happen but it would still be nice to get a fix for that.
(07-08-2014, 08:52 PM)shinra358 Wrote: [ -> ]The bluetooth off on stop option is now fixed on 1.4.0.0 too xD

Bluetooth connecting... mode still brings up the keyboard automatically when already in a profile but changing which controller does it fixes the problem (unless you are using one of those controllers) but if you got friends over, you probably won't be in the program for that to happen but it would still be nice to get a fix for that.

It took me a minute to realize what you meant, but yeah it got fixed. I don't get the connecting... mode so I can't test myself, but I'll push out a small update that should stop the action screen from popping up.
The 'connecting... mode' is when you first turn on bluetooth and it says 'connecting...' on the 'controllers' tab before it actually turns bluetooth completely on.
Is there a way to default the touchpad to have the mouse cursor set to off on startup? Is that not there, or am I just blind?