..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows -- yet another DualShock 4 driver! (No longer under active development)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(06-11-2014, 04:21 AM)Werd Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I wasn't sure where to post this but I'm looking for some help if you don't mind. I've been using various versions of the wrappers since January, and I've always had the same problem. It works perfectly in wired mode, but over Bluetooth I have a lot of problems with input lag, or seemingly it getting stuck. Like A slight tap of up may have a slight delay, but then keep going up well after release. At some points it worked fine for 20-30 minutes before this occurs, other times its from the start. Restarting the controller sometimes helps. It may just be a fluke, but it seemed like indie 2d games had less problems. Oh and the touchpad mouse has no such issues.

Anyway, I figured it was my Bluetooth adapter since it was a pack in for cheap headphones and I think 2.1. So I bought an Asus 4.0 adapter hoping that would fix it. No such luck.

Anyone have experience with this? Any possible fix? An adapter people know to work best? In any case, I've played through multiple games with the wired mode so thanks to all involved.

Could be possible interference from WiFi or other 2.4 GHz devices. Have you tried using a USB extension cable to separate it from the PC and/or routers. I'm using the same BT dongle and it's working fine for me.
...and now it all makes sense.

I have a Sony Pulse Elite 2.4 ghz wireless headset plugged in a couple ports away. I had tried putting it in the extender I have my logitech mouse/keyboard on as well as the front port, which might have improved it but not enough I identified that as the problem. But now putting it much further away on my monitor usb extension (which I didn't have until recently) it does seem to be working better.

It also explains why I thought it would work better on 2d games which didn't make much sense... generally I don't turn on my headphones headphones to play something casual. Seems obvious in retrospect... woops. Thanks!
(06-10-2014, 09:39 PM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunately, I couldn't figure out what's wrong with the L1/L2 / R1/R2 swap, I'll keep looking into it, but for now, sorry Polite Russian.

Okay, no problem. The main thing that you now know about it.
Starting with version 10 stopped working all buttons. Works only touchpad. I'm not sure, but I think that the problem is not in me.
Since the latest update my DS4 doesn't work over USB or Bluetooth. It's recognised by DS4Windows and by the OS itself but when I go into the device properties none of the sticks or buttons work and only the touchpad seems to function like Polite Russian said above me.

Edit: Going back to v10 has restored controller functionality.
It was working fine for me in version 10.2, but I think I know what happened with the buttons, hopefully it's fixed in this version, Also it comes with a fix for the updater checking for the newest version.
Previous version was working just fine for me. When I used this version, saved a profile change then minimized, I got this error:

Code:
Faulting application name: DS4Windows.exe, version: 1.3.0.0, time stamp: 0x53987366
Faulting module name: System.Windows.Forms.ni.dll, version: 4.0.30319.18408, time stamp: 0x52311103
Exception code: 0xc00000fd
Fault offset: 0x0000000000306a42
Faulting process id: 0x2334
Faulting application start time: 0x01cf859278405b61
Faulting application path: E:\Program Files (x86)\Sony DualShock 4 Controller Driver\DS4Windows - J2K\DS4Windows.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\assembly\NativeImages_v4.0.30319_64\System.Windows.Forms\4764e3995ebd7b6b438eef937cde1332\System.Windows.Forms.ni.dll
Report Id: 0c232983-f186-11e3-8f40-3c77e6684f58

Edit: seems to be a previous version bug too. Unchecking use ds4 to map results in an app crash when you minimize it afterward. The change also doesn't save.
Since this is my first post, I'd like to say thank you to everyone involved in this project. Great stuff all around.

I've been using the J2K branch of DS4W for the last few weeks, and it's been a pretty smooth ride until today. The latest update seems to have done something that my system just doesn't like. On start up I get an error that states that the program doesn't have access to Profiles.xml:

Microsoft .NET Framework Wrote:Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quite, the application will close immediately. Access to the path 'Profiles.xml' is denied.

and part of the details:

Code:
************** Exception Text **************
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'Profiles.xml' is denied.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite, Boolean checkHost)
   at ScpServer.ScpForm.Form_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at ScpServer.ScpForm.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

If I hit quit, the program crashes. When I go and launch it myself, everything seems to work just fine. The problem persists when I restart my PC.

One other (small) question/request: Is it at all possible to bring back the old way to disable the touch pad on the spot? Where you'd place your finger on the touch pad and click the PS button instead of clicking the touch pad. It's just a small thing that was really helpful, but I'd understand if it's too difficult to bring back.

Thanks for the great work, guys.

Oh, one last thing: There are times when I will finish playing a game and unplug my controller, but my mouse loses the ability to click on things like the task bar. I just have to plug my controller back in/out and everything is smooth again. Just wondering if that's something anyone else has been running into or if it's just on my end.
(06-11-2014, 06:35 PM)shinra358 Wrote: [ -> ]Previous version was working just fine for me. When I used this version, saved a profile change then minimized, I got this error:

Code:
Faulting application name: DS4Windows.exe, version: 1.3.0.0, time stamp: 0x53987366
Faulting module name: System.Windows.Forms.ni.dll, version: 4.0.30319.18408, time stamp: 0x52311103
Exception code: 0xc00000fd
Fault offset: 0x0000000000306a42
Faulting process id: 0x2334
Faulting application start time: 0x01cf859278405b61
Faulting application path: E:\Program Files (x86)\Sony DualShock 4 Controller Driver\DS4Windows - J2K\DS4Windows.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\assembly\NativeImages_v4.0.30319_64\System.Windows.Forms\4764e3995ebd7b6b438eef937cde1332\System.Windows.Forms.ni.dll
Report Id: 0c232983-f186-11e3-8f40-3c77e6684f58

Edit: seems to be a previous version bug too. Unchecking use ds4 to map results in an app crash when you minimize it afterward. The change also doesn't save.

(06-12-2014, 02:58 AM)Nabs Wrote: [ -> ]Since this is my first post, I'd like to say thank you to everyone involved in this project. Great stuff all around.

I've been using the J2K branch of DS4W for the last few weeks, and it's been a pretty smooth ride until today. The latest update seems to have done something that my system just doesn't like. On start up I get an error that states that the program doesn't have access to Profiles.xml:

and part of the details:

Code:
************** Exception Text **************
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'Profiles.xml' is denied.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite, Boolean checkHost)
   at ScpServer.ScpForm.Form_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at ScpServer.ScpForm.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

If I hit quit, the program crashes. When I go and launch it myself, everything seems to work just fine. The problem persists when I restart my PC.

One other (small) question/request: Is it at all possible to bring back the old way to disable the touch pad on the spot? Where you'd place your finger on the touch pad and click the PS button instead of clicking the touch pad. It's just a small thing that was really helpful, but I'd understand if it's too difficult to bring back.

Thanks for the great work, guys.

Oh, one last thing: There are times when I will finish playing a game and unplug my controller, but my mouse loses the ability to click on things like the task bar. I just have to plug my controller back in/out and everything is smooth again. Just wondering if that's something anyone else has been running into or if it's just on my end.

I know why that happens for you both, I set it to put the profiles in appdata unless the exe is in a directory starting with "c:/program files..." instead of just "...program files...". I can fix quick this just give me an hour.
Here we are, Version 10.26 has the fix of crash when DS4Windows is in Program files on a drive that is not C. For the two of you, if you decide to auto update, manually run updater in admin mode, else it will crash trying to update, that issue is fixed to, you can also switch out the files in the zip below.