..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows -- yet another DualShock 4 driver! (No longer under active development)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(04-12-2014, 11:16 AM)pedrovay2003 Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, so I'm NOT the only one having hotplugging issues with this program. Whenever the program is already started and I try to wirelessly connect the DS4, I just get a "Connecting..." message while my LED turns off, and this lasts until I stop and start the service again. This makes it pretty much pointless to have it start with my machine.

I don't think it's a Windows 7 or adapter problem, though, because InhexSTER's 1.3 RC3 works perfectly; it's his 1.3 RC4 and every version of DS4Windows that has the issue.

Can you try this version of DS4Library.dll that adds a console error printout when it suffers an input/output failure? You'll get an error on the console like the following (what happens when I hold PS button to disconnect):
Code:
1C:66:6D:28:5B:B2 2014-04-12T12:06:54.5267003Z> disconnect due to read failure: 995
I have a feeling that with "idle disconnection timeout" in "0" the controller will be automatic disconnected when DS4 detects it.
Now mine is on "600" and the issues with the controller being automatic disconnected when opening DS4 are gone.
But I´m not 100% sure if that is the problem..
(04-12-2014, 04:18 PM)bola08 Wrote: [ -> ]I have a feeling that with "idle disconnection timeout" in "0" the controller will be automatic disconnected when DS4 detects it.
Now mine is on "600" and the issues with the controller being automatic disconnected when opening DS4 are gone.
But I´m not 100% sure if that is the problem..

I think that is coincidental. The idle timeout is an integer so nothing too bizarre should be possible here:
Code:
if (conType == ConnectionType.BT)
                {
                    bool shouldDisconnect = false;
                    if ((!pState.PS || !pState.Options) && cState.PS && cState.Options)
                    {
                        shouldDisconnect = true;
                    }
                    else if (IdleTimeout > 0)
                    {
                        if (!isNonSixaxisIdle())
                        {
                            lastActive = utcNow;
                        }
                        else
                        {
                            DateTime timeout = lastActive + TimeSpan.FromSeconds(IdleTimeout);
                            shouldDisconnect = utcNow >= timeout;
                        }
                    }
                    if (shouldDisconnect && DisconnectBT())
                        return; // all done
                }

You can verify that idle timeout is not occurring by holding a thumbpad or a trigger while you connect. If the sensor reading for the controller is not idle then the idle disconnect can't happen. If DS4Windows is forcibly disconnecting the DS4, then you should also see something like this on the console:
Code:
Trying to disonnect BT device
Disconnect successful: True
Hey, I'm not sure if you're already aware of this, but there's a small typo on the main screen.

[Image: 2014-04-12_10-42-09.png]
(04-12-2014, 02:11 PM)electrobrains Wrote: [ -> ]Can you try this version of DS4Library.dll that adds a console error printout when it suffers an input/output failure? You'll get an error on the console like the following (what happens when I hold PS button to disconnect):
Code:
1C:66:6D:28:5B:B2 2014-04-12T12:06:54.5267003Z> disconnect due to read failure: 995

Okay, I tried it, and here are the results. Same problem, as before.

[attachment=50026]
That's not the console. It won't be in the debug log or whatever you want to call that display.
Is there any way to map controller buttons to the touch pad button?
(04-13-2014, 07:05 AM)knewknow Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any way to map controller buttons to the touch pad button?

No, all the remapping support DS4Windows inherited is really a big mess. I'm adding the ability to remap the Button Mode stuff separately from normal mapping, but anything more is going to have to wait until I can rewrite it all. To do what you're asking requires us to distribute a lot of special-case code across the various touchpad operating mode implementations.
(04-13-2014, 07:05 AM)electrobrains Wrote: [ -> ]That's not the console. It won't be in the debug log or whatever you want to call that display.

Oh, okay, I guess I didn't understand. How do I get to the console, so I can take a screenshot of it for you?
(04-13-2014, 07:42 AM)electrobrains Wrote: [ -> ]No, all the remapping support DS4Windows inherited is really a big mess. I'm adding the ability to remap the Button Mode stuff separately from normal mapping, but anything more is going to have to wait until I can rewrite it all. To do what you're asking requires us to distribute a lot of special-case code across the various touchpad operating mode implementations.

When I first got my ds4 I used x360ce to remap that touchpad click to the start button (it's hard to hit that options button). I thought that the function existed here as well and that I just wasn't seeing it.

Thanks a lot for your work on this. It's got me playing PC games again Smile