..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows -- yet another DualShock 4 driver! (No longer under active development)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(06-21-2014, 07:23 PM)Nexxxus Wrote: [ -> ]is there a way to map the tilt sensors?

IF* (they/we/i) ever do, it will be to a 2nd virtual controller as the native 360 controller has nothing comparable for us to map to, not many games support dual controllers with independent mapping though so actual game support will be limited.
(06-21-2014, 06:52 PM)raptor1138 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey J2K, I want to say you're doing an awesome job, better than InhexSTER ever did (besides creating the thing). I'm seeing a new update every other day, you're doing a great job keeping this thing going.

I also want to say that I'm having a little problem with Steam. If a game is already running when I turn on the controller, the game registers the controller fine and it works perfectly. If I disconnect and reconnect the controller while the game is running, it stilll register the controller and works perfectly. (This is a significant upgrade from InhexSTER/Electrobrains' versions!) But if Steam is already running when I turn the controller off, it does not register the controller (PS button doesn't start Big Picture). I have to restart Steam to get it to register the controller.

Is this a problem with Steam, or with your driver? Either way, I'd love to get this fixed. But thanks again J2K for making this tool the absolute best it's ever been.

I don't have this issue, are you using exclusive mode, which is the checkbox for Hide DS4 Controller?
(06-21-2014, 07:23 PM)Nexxxus Wrote: [ -> ]is there a way to map the tilt sensors?

Not yet, I plan to add it later though.

Anyway I'm sure those already using have gotten the update, but here's version 10.55:
Dimming by idle timeout synced with color/dim by Battery % setting
Swipe to cycle through profiles can now be disabled.
Thanks for implementing my requested options. Laugh

I still can't use the updater though, could this be a problem with me using a non english windows? It happened on win7 and also on a fresh installed win 8.1 so i doubt theres something wrong with my system.

I attached a screenshot of the updater error.
(06-21-2014, 08:23 PM)greenblood82 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for implementing my requested options. Laugh

I still can't use the updater though, could this be a problem with me using a non english windows? It happened on win7 and also on a fresh installed win 8.1 so i doubt theres something wrong with my system.

I attached a screenshot of the updater error.

Think you forgot the SS lol, but to J2K this is likely an issue with locality settings, when doing comparisons of decimal number like you are using for versions, some nations expect it to read 11,4 whereas your coding for 11.4, if you want to use decimal versions you'll need to do a string replace first.
(06-21-2014, 08:26 PM)jhebbel Wrote: [ -> ]Think you forgot the SS lol, but to J2K this is likely an issue with locality settings, when doing comparisons of decimal number like you are using for versions, some nations expect it to read 11,4 whereas your coding for 11.4, if you want to use decimal versions you'll need to do a string replace first.

You're right, i just tried this by changing the decimal symbol from "," to "." in the control panel language settings and now the updater is working.

Do you think it's possible to change the updater so it accepts both?
(06-21-2014, 08:44 PM)greenblood82 Wrote: [ -> ]You're right, i just tried this by changing the decimal symbol from "," to "." in the control panel language settings and now the updater is working.

I just went through similar issues in my project as I use a lot of decimal values in my profiles and I kept getting reports from german users of errors, took forever to figure it out. The real core of the issue lies in Microsofts ,net libraries as they are supposed to take locality into account when working and comparing numbers, but often times they don't, its a long time known issue that Microsoft refuses to address, but know that its known im sure j2k can have a workaround in no time.
Yeah I was hoping Microsoft would have fixed that, especially by now. Regardless since I'm aware now I'll have it fixed by the next version, thanks for bring it to my attention.
Assassins Creed 3/4 running speed is an issue. These two games do not properly detect when the left analog stick is at max tilt. The result is an inability to run at max speed. Additionally I had issues with AC3 lockpicking which is related to the trigger, i believe it too is not being detected as fully pressed. The run speed maxes out like normal if I disable the ds4tool and use the default wireless controller over the 360, but for ac3 this means the controller mappings are all screwed up (not a problem with ac4). tested wired and wireless, ac2 seems fine, running win8.1, using j2k's 1.5-1.55 during testing.
(06-22-2014, 07:03 AM)Drossious Wrote: [ -> ]Assassins Creed 3/4 running speed is an issue. These two games do not properly detect when the left analog stick is at max tilt. The result is an inability to run at max speed. Additionally I had issues with AC3 lockpicking which is related to the trigger, i believe it too is not being detected as fully pressed. The run speed maxes out like normal if I disable the ds4tool and use the default wireless controller over the 360, but for ac3 this means the controller mappings are all screwed up (not a problem with ac4). tested wired and wireless, ac2 seems fine, running win8.1, using j2k's 1.5-1.55 during testing.

I don't have AC3 or 4 to test, my closest experience was a play of watch dogs with my DS4 on PC, which worked out well. I'm not sure why that's happening, to be honest.
in AC4 you have to use RT (Right Trigger) to run. I tested AC4 with an Original xbox 360 Controller an the DS4 with j2k's build (10.55) - i can't confirm your issue, everything works fine.