..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows -- yet another DualShock 4 driver! (No longer under active development)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(05-28-2014, 08:17 PM)shinra358 Wrote: [ -> ]@Jheb: Aight, so it seems that we aren't talking about the same thing.

Currently:

1. Turn bluetooth mode on for the controller.

2. Now plug it up with the wire right afterward.

3a. It still reads that you are in bluetooth mode even when the wire is in but... <---Problem #1
3b. Bluetooth idle timeout cannot timeout now because the program thinks you are in wired mode which is how it's supposed to work.
3c. At the same time, the plugged in light idle time out thinks that the controller is in wired mode too because it only shuts down the light now which is how it's supposed to work. But it is still reading that bluetooth is on in the window.
3d. Holding bluetooth button to try to turn off bluetooth won't work because it too thinks you are in wired mode now, which is how it is supposed to work.

4a. Pressing the PSButton + Options Button (hotkey for bluetooth off) is still able to be pressed at this time. <----problem #2***
4b. Press that hotkey now. Controller will be disconnected. If you were charging, rainbow stays on. If already full, it's fine (light off).
4c. At this time, press psbutton. Bluetooth doesn't come back on. Controller doesn't work for plugged in mode either. <----problem #3***

So all I was saying was to :

1. disable the ability for the user to press the bluetooth off hotkey if you were in bluetooth mode and plugged in at the same time to prevent the problems in step #4.

2. fix the window from saying that it is on bluetooth mode when everything else points to it using wired mode (step #3a)

Basically, it does change to wired mode when you have bluetooth on and then plug it in but the window isn't saying so and bt off hotkey isn't being told to not happen under this circumstance.

Problem 1 and 2 aren't problems, it was designed this way to avoid interrupts when plugging in a controller to a PC, this app will never automatically disconnect BT when plugged into USB because it would disrupt controller communications for a bit which would cause even more complaints. and #3 is a fault of the controller itself as it won't even try to connect to BT whilst still on USB.

(05-28-2014, 08:36 PM)themastodan Wrote: [ -> ]I was really hoping it wasn't W8, but I'm worried it might be somehow. I didn't have these issues on W7, but I had also never played either of these games on it.

Its not W8, as I said, I have watch dogs and am on day 2 of playing on windows 8.1 and have had no issues.
(05-28-2014, 08:17 PM)shinra358 Wrote: [ -> ]@Jheb: Aight, so it seems that we aren't talking about the same thing.

Currently:

1. Turn bluetooth mode on for the controller.

2. Now plug it up with the wire right afterward.

3a. It still reads that you are in bluetooth mode even when the wire is in but... <---Problem #1
3b. Bluetooth idle timeout cannot timeout now because the program thinks you are in wired mode which is how it's supposed to work.
3c. At the same time, the plugged in light idle time out thinks that the controller is in wired mode too because it only shuts down the light now which is how it's supposed to work. But it is still reading that bluetooth is on in the window.
3d. Holding bluetooth button to try to turn off bluetooth won't work because it too thinks you are in wired mode now, which is how it is supposed to work.

4a. Pressing the PSButton + Options Button (hotkey for bluetooth off) is still able to be pressed at this time. <----problem #2***
4b. Press that hotkey now. Controller will be disconnected. If you were charging, rainbow stays on. If already full, it's fine (light off).
4c. At this time, press psbutton. Bluetooth doesn't come back on. Controller doesn't work for plugged in mode either. <----problem #3***

So all I was saying was to :

1. disable the ability for the user to press the bluetooth off hotkey if you were in bluetooth mode and plugged in at the same time to prevent the problems in step #4.

2. fix the window from saying that it is on bluetooth mode when everything else points to it using wired mode (step #3a)

Basically, it does change to wired mode when you have bluetooth on and then plug it in but the window isn't saying so and bt off hotkey isn't being told to not happen under this circumstance.

We seem to be on the same page tho.

For problem 1: That' not really a problem as BT is still connected, as it should be, like an actual ps4
For the the other parts of 3, That's already there, idle disconnect is turned off when plugged in, however like problem 2, I do need to make sure that's not possible.
Problem 3 fixes itself so long BT can't be turned off while wired.
Yes, that was what I was getting at by saying to block the bt off hotkey during this circumstance Smile
I have one more feature request for Jay2Kings, if I may: For the lightbar blinking to indicte battery level, do you think you can prevent it from blinking until the battery hits 50% or so? I love the feature, but I don't think it needs to be blinking as early as 90%.
(05-28-2014, 08:47 PM)shinra358 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, that was what I was getting at by saying to block the bt off hotkey during this circumstance Smile

Awesome, because I can do that and did. Version 8.2 is out (as is the update) and I redid the mouse movement. It works by a curve kinda like xpadder, values are finer so working at values like 50-100 are better to control, so you may want to use a higher value than you have now. The max mouse speed is now 255, but I doubt you'll need to go that high.
Also PS+Options no longer turns off the controller if it’s charging.

I want to add that auto profiles like jheb has, but that another time, here's a beta look at the interface. It's really rough right now, but it's a matter of it working first then fixing the GUI.

[Image: Auto-Profiles_2014-05-28_15-43-24.png]
Cool, it works. The bluetooth charging/charged state needs the force to white light coding on stop button press btw. It forces the white light, but not on every stop press. Only every other. That scenario wasn't brought up when you were fixing the other ways so you may not have noticed to do it on the bluetooth charging/charged state.

Also, good job on your profiles. Coming out nicely.
(05-28-2014, 09:44 PM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]I want to add that auto profiles like jheb has, but that another time, here's a beta look at the interface. It's really rough right now, but it's a matter of it working first then fixing the GUI.

[Image: Auto-Profiles_2014-05-28_15-43-24.png]

seems to me jheb has been working for a while on his ui enhancements, why not just use and credit his work? or better yet, why don't you guys unify your source so we can get his UI (which is nice) and your work on the bindings and macros? i mean it doesn't seem right to compete with him on this aspect, since in the end we are going to only need one version and his UI is the better one and going in the right direction according to what i think would be the most desirable in a final release. honestly after working with both versions it seems you guys are using the same code but split efforts so jheb was working on the ui while you continued work on the core. why not bring it back together now that his ui has matured into an ideal UI, while your core includes macros and toggles and analog mouse movement which is begging for his UI to be most useful.
(05-28-2014, 09:44 PM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]Awesome, because I can do that and did. Version 8.2 is out (as is the update) and I redid the mouse movement. It works by a curve kinda like xpadder, values are finer so working at values like 50-100 are better to control, so you may want to use a higher value than you have now. The max mouse speed is now 255, but I doubt you'll need to go that high.
Also PS+Options no longer turns off the controller if it’s charging.

much better, this i can use. only minor issue is there seems to be a problem combining the axis when just barely nudging the analog stick. seems the way you calculate the mouse emulation doesn't correctly recognize x and y movement at small increments, particularly after the x axis has been engaged followed by the y axis (or visa-versa). it seems to me you are using a detection to use one equation for movement when the stick is < 50% and a different one at > 50%. while this creates a working result, and it is workable for sure, i do hope you revisit the equations to find a better solution.

but please, i know you wanted to break for a while, you should call this a solid release and be happy with it so you can go hit the beach or go camping or whatever else gets you relaxed and not thinking about this for a while.
(05-28-2014, 11:50 PM)Drossious Wrote: [ -> ]seems to me jheb has been working for a while on his ui enhancements, why not just use and credit his work? or better yet, why don't you guys unify your source so we can get his UI (which is nice) and your work on the bindings and macros? i mean it doesn't seem right to compete with him on this aspect, since in the end we are going to only need one version and his UI is the better one and going in the right direction according to what i think would be the most desirable in a final release. honestly after working with both versions it seems you guys are using the same code but split efforts so jheb was working on the ui while you continued work on the core. why not bring it back together now that his ui has matured into an ideal UI, while your core includes macros and toggles and analog mouse movement which is begging for his UI to be most useful.

I've already credited him for a bunch, however I never asked him for if I can use his UI. If he's ok with it, I'll try to implement it.

As for the small nudging issue with the mouse I think I know what's the issue, but if you're ok with how it is right now, I will try to take a breather, but I'm glad the mouse is how you like it now.
(05-29-2014, 01:42 AM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]I've already credited him for a bunch, however I never asked him for if I can use his UI. If he's ok with it, I'll try to implement it.

As for the small nudging issue with the mouse I think I know what's the issue, but if you're ok with how it is right now, I will try to take a breather, but I'm glad the mouse is how you like it now.

Absolutely go for it dude, when I polish it off ill try to get it up to Google code, be warned, its a lot of changes.