..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows -- yet another DualShock 4 driver! (No longer under active development)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(04-13-2014, 10:25 AM)pedrovay2003 Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, okay, I guess I didn't understand. How do I get to the console, so I can take a screenshot of it for you?

You can just run it from CMD.EXE and copy the text or use redirect arguments likr "> log.txt". I resolved to not add debugging messages to the normal log display so that they aren't confusing noise to wade through. Whatever made the controller disconnect, the console output should point the finger.
I've spent a day working on cleaning up the mapping support, and so now I have some new capabilities in store for you in DS4Windows 1.0 Beta 5:

The Standard and Drag controller modes now let you rebind the touchpad gestures to mouse clicks other than the default (for each gesture.) Your existing mapping configuration is still compatible, but does not configure Button Mode anymore.

The Button Mode controller configuration now has its own mapping definition with separate Upper/Left/Right touchpad gestures from the other modes' Upper/Single/Double touchpad push gestures. The Button Mode gestures may now be mapped to Xinput buttons. There are NO MORE default mouse button mappings in Button Mode; you have to bind for yourself whichever buttons/axes you want Button Mode to take over (while your finger is down or you've used the double-finger-push gesture while in Button Mode, switching it into Button Lock.)

I suppose I should consider renaming Button Mode to Shift Mode or something of that nature, because now it lets you shift to a completely alternate control scheme! This means you can do things like bind the Windows key to the PS button, but only while in Button Shift, so you can't really accidentally hit it but it's still a convenient gesture away. You can bind every single button/axis to keyboard hotkeys, as well, so if you've been hurting for just a few extra keybinds in a game that supports simultaneous controller + keyboard gameplay, this mode's for you!
(04-13-2014, 07:05 AM)knewknow Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any way to map controller buttons to the touch pad button?
To be honest, I don't see the point in this. It being used as a mouse is just fine as is. If the ps4 can't do it, this shouldn't do it either. The touchpad modes I don't see the point of either. Standard mode should be enough. How on earth can anybody remember what mode they are on when they are in-game anyway? Just seems like way too much. I'd rather focus on full functionality for the rest of the functions on the controller so it can become a complete simple driver.
(04-14-2014, 01:50 AM)shinra358 Wrote: [ -> ]To be honest, I don't see the point in this. It being used as a mouse is just fine as is. If the ps4 can't do it, this shouldn't do it either. The touchpad modes I don't see the point of either. Standard mode should be enough. How on earth can anybody remember what mode they are on when they are in-game anyway?

I always switch to Button Mode as soon as I connect the controller every time. That's the last "feature" that I care about adding before I make 1.0 a final release: automatically starting off in whatever mode the controller was in when it was last connected. I recommend running DS4Windows minimized, so when you switch modes it will pop up a notification of the mode you are now in, and then just choosing the right mode before starting up a game.
I stay in the standard mode and I switch back and forth between the 2 versions sometimes to test. I didn't realize that modes don't stick in your version for in the other version, it already remembers what mouse mode you are in. I actually don't even have a clue with what all the other versions even mean lol. But I am satisfied with the standard mode. It would be safe to include a tpad mode lock so that ppl won't change it by accident while playing and/or customizable hotkeys. It's very difficult in this version not to hit a hotkey by accident when playing games like MGR or any other action oriented game.
(04-14-2014, 02:09 AM)shinra358 Wrote: [ -> ]I stay in the standard mode and I switch back and forth between the 2 versions sometimes to test. I didn't realize that modes don't stick in your version for in the other version, it already remembers what mouse mode you are in. I actually don't even have a clue with what all the other versions even mean lol. But I am satisfied with the standard mode. It would be safe to include a tpad mode lock so that ppl won't change it by accident while playing and/or customizable hotkeys. It's very difficult in this version not to hit a hotkey by accident when playing games like MGR or any other action oriented game.

You're hitting the Touchpad+Share/Touchpad+Options mode switch hotkeys by accident? The other thing I was considering doing instead of saving the last mode is letting you customize the list of modes, and you could customize the list to remove everything but Standard, and in doing so you would never accidentally switch. I didn't think that anyone would manage to hit those mode switch hotkeys by accident, but as I've said before, I don't play every genre of game.
I was thinking of the other one with holding the shoulder buttons + button. Couldn't remember which was which since I wasn't directly looking at them. My bad. I mean they could be hit by accident by pressing it down to attack (since it's usually a mouse action button) and wanting to pause real quick for some reason. But no, me personally, I haven't did that on this version by accident. So that's fine then. Okay, that customizable thing sounds good.
Hmm, yeah, I see how that might not be remotely as common as the old L2+R2+whatever combo but still might get pushed accidentally. Maybe I should require holding the mode switch combo for an entire second? One thing I want to add eventually is a flash and vibrate pattern that tells you which mode you switched into.
(04-10-2014, 11:59 PM)electrobrains Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm, interesting, I'll go look at the changes between that and Beta 2 and see if anything stands out. Thanks for narrowing it down. No special error messages are apparent when that happens?

Edit: I think I know what your problem is: go edit the ScpControl.xml and change your idleDisconnectTimeout to 0. You can edit it in the Options but if you don't hit Save before it disconnects, you'll get an error and I think it may not save in that case. You seem to have an idle disconnection timeout of just a few seconds.

When I go to edit the scpcontrol xm file, I don't see anything that says idledisconnecttimeout. Where is this option to change it to 0. My controller keeps disconnecting in BT mode.
(04-13-2014, 03:02 PM)electrobrains Wrote: [ -> ]You can just run it from CMD.EXE and copy the text or use redirect arguments likr "> log.txt". I resolved to not add debugging messages to the normal log display so that they aren't confusing noise to wade through. Whatever made the controller disconnect, the console output should point the finger.

Huh... Running the program from the command line outright crashes the entire thing immediately. What should I type using the "> log.txt" thing? Should I literally just put that after "DS4Tool.exe" in the command line?