..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows -- yet another DualShock 4 driver! (No longer under active development)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
But it says the battery is at 80%. 80% means that it's not charging anymore?

As for the rainbow, J2K says that the rainbow is for charging only. Even in bluetooth it has rainbow colors showing. My full charge color is blue. My empty battery color is black. I asked before if the rainbow was a permanent display. J2K said that rainbow is only supposed to be rainbowed when it is charging. My question then was to have the rainbow be for charging only. And the response was that it already was for charging only.

As for the lights still being on when you press stop, you said earlier that you were going to make it change to the bluetooth pairing color. Which is fine. So you can ignore that since you said you were taking care of it that way.
(05-23-2014, 09:14 PM)shinra358 Wrote: [ -> ]But it says the battery is at 80%. 80% means that it's not charging anymore?

As for the rainbow, J2K says that the rainbow is for charging only. Even in bluetooth is has rainbow colors showing. My full charge color is blue. I asked before if the rainbow was a permanent display. J2K said that rainbow is only supposed to be rainbowed when it is charging. My question then was to have the rainbow be for charging only. And the response was that it already was for charging only.

The %'s are estimations 80 is not truly 80, and unless it says charged then its charging , ive taken mine off the cradle and it says its 80% right off the bat which is obviously incorrect, still needs a little tweaking there. As for the colors you do not have the color set to blue, you have it set to rainbow as can be seen in your video, take it off this option and it will show whatever color you set it as.
So the rainbow pic that you can press means permanent rainbow. I asked that a page or 2 ago xD

So if I unpress the rainbow, and my battery gets low from bluetooth or whatnot, then when I charge it ~will use rainbow while charging correct?
(05-23-2014, 09:23 PM)shinra358 Wrote: [ -> ]So the rainbow pic that you can press means permanent rainbow. I asked that a page or 2 ago xD

So if I unpress the rainbow, and my battery gets low from bluetooth or whatnot, then when I charge it ~will use rainbow while charging correct?

Correct, rainbow is the charging animation, but can also be set to the normal operating color using that button, like I said, the GUI is bad, its being worked on lol
cool. so will the number in the box next to the rainbow pic still be relevant when viewing the rainbow color when it is charging or is that just for the permanent rainbow mode (last question for the moment I promise xD )?
(05-23-2014, 09:28 PM)shinra358 Wrote: [ -> ]cool. so will the number in the box next to the rainbow pic still be relevant when viewing the rainbow color when it is charging or is that just for the permanent rainbow mode (last question for the moment I promise xD )?

i believe that variable only applies to the unplugged rainbow, but I could be wrong on that one.
(05-23-2014, 09:23 PM)shinra358 Wrote: [ -> ]So the rainbow pic that you can press means permanent rainbow. I asked that a page or 2 ago xD

Future versions will be easier to understand the color states:
[Image: 05.23.2014-16.13.png]

Also color picker will be reverting back to the standard color picker/wheel that yall are used to.
Since there's some confusion about the rainbow again, the rainbow icon/button make the lightbar always do a rainbow, no matter the status of the controller. When it's off the only other way to see a rainbow is if battery level color is on and the controller is charging. The value in the number box doesn't change the speed of the rainbow made when charging, hence why it's the number box isn't visible.

Anyway this build isn't live in my dropbox, so auto-updaters won't get this yet. This build is perfectly fine, but I wanna see if it solves the issue shinra is having, and also fine tune some other things first. I implemented the code jheb suggested, but I don't have the issue shinra has so I can't test it. There's also small ui/gui improvements, like the start with windows doesn't hide when small, there's a tooltip on the rainbow icon, and the lightbar shows the default light blue when stopping/closing ds4windows. The lightbar also doesn't go weird when charging and idle timeout is on.
(05-23-2014, 10:18 PM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]Since there's some confusion about the rainbow again, the rainbow icon/button make the lightbar always do a rainbow, no matter the status of the controller. When it's off the only other way to see a rainbow is if battery level color is on and the controller is charging. The value in the number box doesn't change the speed of the rainbow made when charging, hence why it's the number box isn't visible.

Anyway this build isn't live in my dropbox, so auto-updaters won't get this yet. This build is perfectly fine, but I wanna see if it solves the issue shinra is having, and also fine tune some other things first. I implemented the code jheb suggested, but I don't have the issue shinra has so I can't test it. There's also small ui/gui improvements, like the start with windows doesn't hide when small, there's a tooltip on the rainbow icon, and the lightbar shows the default light blue when stopping/closing ds4windows. The lightbar also doesn't go weird when charging and idle timeout is on.
Size is 666,66... satan build lol

Do you use BT for your controllers or USB only? if you use BT the issue can be reproduced by enabling hide DS4 controller, connecting via BT, then turning computer off. Turn system back on launch tool and do not turn controller back on, if tool says "Connceting..." then you have reproduced this error, with the new code you will know its fixed because the log will show that the controller has lost connection even though you havnt done anything.
(05-23-2014, 10:20 PM)jhebbel Wrote: [ -> ]Size is 666,66... satan build lol

Oh crap no one touch this build Tongue
(Don't worry it's perfectly fine)

And yeah I think I'll try to refine the UI a bit more as well, seeing that the lightbar settings are confusing for some.

(05-23-2014, 10:20 PM)jhebbel Wrote: [ -> ]Do you use BT for your controllers or USB only? if you use BT the issue can be reproduced by enabling hide DS4 controller, connecting via BT, then turning computer off. Turn system back on launch tool and do not turn controller back on, if tool says "Connceting..." then you have reproduced this error, with the new code you will know its fixed because the log will show that the controller has lost connection even though you havnt done anything.

I use both bluetooth and usb, I never fully turned of my pc to test it, only turned of ds4windows. Hmm I can try that quickly and see if it happens tho.

EDIT: Just tried it: had hide ds4 checked, connected controller via BT, immediately shut down pc, restarted it, tool launched on it's own via start with windows option, and it just said all 4 where disconnected. I turned on my controller again and it connected just fine. This is my bluetooth dongle btw.