..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows -- yet another DualShock 4 driver! (No longer under active development)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(06-06-2014, 05:10 AM)electrobrains Wrote: [ -> ]I figured that the first iteration of motion controls would be something that mapped onto the XBox 360 thumb pads. Audio support is likely to to some combination of protocol reverse engineering with an actual PS4 and wire-sniffing the Bluetooth and then some custom service for transmitting audio and/or a virtual audio driver much like ScpVBus lets you emulate an XBox 360 controller at the USB protocol level. A simpler goal that I think we could accomplish without much trouble would be a local input-only TCP service which takes a description of haptic patterns to issue on the rumble motors and the light bar and lets us expose those to specialized utilities, but I readily admit that the only example usage I have is taking something like FFXIV-APP and letting it read from the in-memory state of Final Fantasy XIV and map game events to rumble/light bar patterns.

It is going to be a long time before we're really harnessing the full power of this controller on the PC, but just having touchpad support is enough to blow away other controllers. Have you put any thought into motion controls yourself yet?

I have, and my initial thoughts are to just emulate a second six axis controller and map to that.
(06-06-2014, 09:09 AM)mbushnaq Wrote: [ -> ]I have updated to version 1.4.3 and uploaded the log in the link below:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-dJMQO...sp=sharing

hmm it appears to be linked to the auto updater, Can you confirm that there is an Updater.exe in your install folder?
(06-06-2014, 02:32 PM)jhebbel Wrote: [ -> ]hmm it appears to be linked to the auto updater, Can you confirm that there is an Updater.exe in your install folder?

I checked and the updater.exe is in the C:\Program Files (x86)\DSDCS\DS4Tool folder
for me the rumble test button causes an error (and my controller doesn't even vibrate only a bit)

[attachment=51017]

log

http://pastebin.com/3quSw1Nh
I still haven't gotten my DS4 working again, I do use exclusive mode but Windows still detects it as a wireless controller, and doesn't drop it out of the "devices and printers" list when I start the tool
Hey guys I'm back with a new version: Version 9.9 (update live, [side note, when updating via the updater, don't press open ds4)
For starters Auto Profiles are live - like jheb's (DSDCS) version, when launching games or programs, each controller automatically switches to a selected profile. They are in beta, so if anything crashes while using it or if you have any more ideas for the UI, please tell me.
[Image: urpakAi.png]
There's also a Settings tab now, a bunch of options were added, so to make room for them there's in it's own tab. Hide DS4, Run at startup, Change update rate or disable it all together (as requested by AndroidVageta), turn off notifications (as requested by shinra, which I'll address the other things later) and more there.
Smaller fixes include when the battery is low and starts flashing, it will not continue to flash when charging, a possible fix for memory leak, small UI changes such as not being able to edit the text in combo boxes and Spelling fixes

Also I used ILMerge to merge the .dll's into the exe, so now there's only two files in the zip, both with new names, both with new names, DS4Windows.exe (if there's a need to you can rename it back to DS4Tool, but starting up with windows isn't affected either way) and DS4Updater.exe.

Speaking of the updater it now doesn't need admin rights to run, DS4Windows will try to start the updater with admin permissions if DS4Windows is located in an admin folder like program files. The old updater will automatically be deleted.

(06-06-2014, 06:57 AM)shinra358 Wrote: [ -> ]@J2K or anyone:
Something that just came to mind:

1. to easily fix the 'hide ds4' slow startup at windows when plugged, I propose to make it so that hide ds4 is not checked when windows is starting and if you had 'hide ds4' check previously, it will automatically switch back to 'hide ds4' checked. This would probably solve the issue (it did when I did it manually). It probably doesn't need a time interval in-between either. Manually, simply switching the checkbox and quickly switching it back seems to suffice.

2. option to hide the mouse cursor after a user defined numerical value (secs). Taking away the cursor completely is bad because it could make some pc games automatically switch to windowed mode. So just making it invisible should be cool. It should keep its current possible as well. Cursor would be visible again when touchpad or computer mouse is moved or pressed only. Buttons, sticks, and dpads should not affect this option. So a mouse cursor idle timeout if you will.

3. when mapping keys to buttons, I would like to be able (for example) to map the X (A) button as the A button + a keyboard button. Currently, it is either/or. I would like to do this because I want to set the ctrl key (or the 5th mouse button) to every gamepad button press while at the same time keeping the buttons as they were originally intended for to keep the screensaver, hibernation mode, or sleep mode from turning on when I'm playing a game. Isn't need for the touchpad because using the mouse cursor already resets the computer's idle screen timing out.

4. The notification area pop up message can make some games go into window mode automatically (for example, sleeping dogs). Can we have an option to switch Notification icon messages off?

I just added number 4, I'll look into 1 and 3, but I don't understand what number 2 has to do with the DS4Windows or what you would want it for, could you elaborate on that. I'll try to have those features in version 10

I also thought about motion controls for the same as electro: for analog stick emulation. I have a few little cousins who like playing Sonic Racing on my PC, and they prefer to race with sixaxis controls. If I get to it, or electro or jheb does before me, I'll try to expand on it for keyboard and other 360 controls.

(06-06-2014, 04:59 PM)PraiseTheSun! Wrote: [ -> ]I still haven't gotten my DS4 working again, I do use exclusive mode but Windows still detects it as a wireless controller, and doesn't drop it out of the "devices and printers" list when I start the tool

Wireless controller will still be in there, what matters is if you see a 360 controller in devices and printers, if you do then it's working. Also check control panel's controller settings (There's a link to it inside ds4windows), and test the input of both the wireless controller and the fake 360 controller. with exclusive mode on, the wireless controller won't show any input, but the 360 controller will.
Anyway I hope you enjoy this new build
For number 2, there are PC games that don't hide the cursors themselves and some emulators that do it in annoying ways (like completely). PCSX2 autohides after 3-5 seconds by default which is how most pc games hide the mouse cursor. Metal Gear Risiing Revengeance is an example of a problematic game with the mouse cursor. Once a cutscene plays or you are taken to the results window, the cursor always shows up and never goes away. An issue that the devs won't fix. Having the mouse cursor hide forever is problematic because it can cause ppl to accidently click [x] in a window when you can't quite place where it is.

So that is why I am requesting a hide mouse cursor on idle ability since the controller uses the trackpad and the mouse cursor. And of course it would be optional just in case ppl don't want it or don't have a game that needs it. And with auto profiles coming, it could also be useful when setting up just certain games instead of all the time.
I really appreciate being able to disable notifications. They've never caused issues, I just don't like them. Tongue The auto profiles are going to be fun to play with, too. Thanks again!
(06-06-2014, 10:33 PM)shinra358 Wrote: [ -> ]For number 2, there are PC games that don't hide the cursors themselves and some emulators that do it in annoying ways (like completely). PCSX2 autohides after 3-5 seconds by default which is how most pc games hide the mouse cursor. Metal Gear Risiing Revengeance is an example of a problematic game with the mouse cursor. Once a cutscene plays or you are taken to the results window, the cursor always shows up and never goes away. An issue that the devs won't fix. Having the mouse cursor hide forever is problematic because it can cause ppl to accidently click [x] in a window when you can't quite place where it is.

So that is why I am requesting a hide mouse cursor on idle ability since the controller uses the trackpad and the mouse cursor. And of course it would be optional just in case ppl don't want it or don't have a game that needs it. And with auto profiles coming, it could also be useful when setting up just certain games instead of all the time.

I know what you mean, usually I just move the cursor to the lower right corner, I'll see what I can do, but in the end it's probably gonna just be a way to move the cursor to the corner.
(06-07-2014, 01:27 AM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]I know what you mean, usually I just move the cursor to the lower right corner, I'll see what I can do, but in the end it's probably gonna just be a way to move the cursor to the corner.

We experimented with some cursor hiding options before when developing some point of sale software, and we found the most compatible way was to just swap the cursor itself for a blank one, the issue is if the app crashes for any reason there is nothing to replace it back again, leaving you cursorless.