..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows -- yet another DualShock 4 driver! (No longer under active development)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, new build:

1. when on bluetooth and the program is connecting mode, we can go into the settings. But if it is still connecting and we go in the settings, once it fully connects, we are booted out of the settings and then have to go back in. So at start up, there are 2 different settings. Each of which can be configured differently. But the first one can't be configured fully because we'll get kicked out too fast.

My settings save, but going into the settings while connecting gives different settings, then when you go out and back in, it gives default settings. And when you go in a 3rd time very quickly, you see your settings again.

Instead of the light being our selected light color, it is white. It only turns to our selected light color when we enter the settings now.

2. The profile box, edit, and delete buttons should be greyed out when it is saying connecting so we can't go in and it kick us back out when it is actually connected.
Well I got another build for your troubles:
Version 7.8
  • Mouse Sensitivity now works with analog sticks as well as buttons and triggers, I recommend 10-25 as a good starting point.
  • Option for using the controller input to change it's mapping in options
  • Fix for lightbar not remembering the color
  • Disable edit/delete buttons until controllers finishes connecting (can you actually test if this works)

I'll try my hand at marco's next, but don't expect it soon.

(05-25-2014, 05:13 AM)Gram Wrote: [ -> ](Update 1: It seems that touchpad settings are not saved too. At least the checkboxes for slide, scroll & tap, but the values are saved and respected.

I'll try to fix this later, right now only the values are reflected not the status.
Yessir, all works well now. Excellent Smithers.

Tiny things to wrap up:

1. The bluetooth paired white light looks to be a 25% brightness. The forced lights look brighter. Make your forced white lights to be 25% brightness as well so they will match.

2. Tie the idle timeout box with the full plugged in light without it bothering what it does for the bluetooth mode. When that timer goes down when in plugged up mode, have it slowly dim like the bluetooth timeout. But instead of it turning off the whole controller, have the light just turn to the EMPTY color that the user set (would not affect charging mode's rainbow color).

After these, I will be 200% satisfied xD
I'd like to make a donation soon too.

P.S.: Is there a reason that the psbutton alone can't turn on/off bluetooth (why do we need the options button to turn it back off)?
(05-25-2014, 07:33 AM)shinra358 Wrote: [ -> ]Yessir, all works well now. Excellent Smithers.

Tiny things to wrap up:

1. The bluetooth paired white light looks to be a 25% brightness. The forced lights look brighter. Make your forced white lights to be 25% brightness as well so they will match.

2. Tie the idle timeout box with the full plugged in light without it bothering what it does for the bluetooth mode. When that timer goes down when in plugged up mode, have it slowly dim like the bluetooth timeout. But instead of it turning off the whole controller, have the light just turn to the EMPTY color that the user set (would not affect charging mode's rainbow color).

After these, I will be 200% satisfied xD
I'd like to make a donation soon too.

P.S.: Is there a reason that the psbutton alone can't turn on/off bluetooth (why do we need the options button to turn it back off)?

I'll be sure to fix them up later, but for now I'm clocking out.
Though I would like to address two parts: For the second part, It's kinda a weird request. For starters idle timeout shouldn't even work in plugged in mode since it's charging at that point, but as of now it does, I kinda want to change that. There would be no point for the controller to disconnect since it's being charged. There's also users who may not use the empty lightbar color, so if that was to happen it would get set to a weird color.
For the P.S. part: The PS button can actually, if you hold it down for 10 or so seconds. The thing is that steam likes to go into big picture mode if you hold the button down for 3 seconds, regardless if steam is in focus or not. Since there's no way to turn that off in steam, we decided to use ps+options to instantly turn the controller off.

Also I don't have a donations page, and I don't think my work deserves the donation. If anything it should go to InhexSTER or electrobrians, as they really did the hard work.
No problem, it's late lol.

No, no. I mean when it's finished charging. When it is on the full color. The idle timeout for plugged in mode would just turn off the fully charged light. Not the charging light. That way when a person would want to keep the controller plugged in the whole time (all day, etc), the light will turn off after such and such inactivity. This will not happen until it is at full light. Then when a button is pressed, it'll turn back on. This process here would not turn the controller off completely. This way, the light wont be on the whole time when nothing is being done with the controller and the user won't have to keep editing the color when they want to play with it again. I said the empty color because ppl usually use that for having no light.

Okay, I didn't know about holding the button to turn bluetooth off.

Gotcha (about the donations).
Hey everyone trying to get this going on usb before i try bluetooth.

I followed the guide to install the controller everything seemed to go well. Until I opened the DS4 tool, which cannot see the controller.

In accessories i can see the controller as an x360 controller and the buttons and analog sticks etc are responsive but the DS4 tool cant find the controller. I tried the original and J2K's latest build with the same result, ive tried the hide ds4 controller option and without same result.

This is what I have so far. The SCP monitor is detecting the controller as well but the server is not.

I also force installed the SCP Driver so that the bluetooth driver would install also tried without force installing same issue.

Using Win 7 64 bit using USB.

More stuffing around and I tried bluetooth. It picks up the controller saying found controller with an address and that its not using a profile. Then the controller turns off and disconnects.

[Image: oDDuQdG.jpg]
7.8 is a HUGE improvement, and everything seems to work great. Yeah, the touchpad settings aren't remembered, but the lightbar was the more important feature to fix, I think, and it works great now. Thanks again!
(05-25-2014, 09:32 AM)nugget28 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey everyone trying to get this going on usb before i try bluetooth.

I followed the guide to install the controller everything seemed to go well. Until I opened the DS4 tool, which cannot see the controller.

In accessories i can see the controller as an x360 controller and the buttons and analog sticks etc are responsive but the DS4 tool cant find the controller. I tried the original and J2K's latest build with the same result, ive tried the hide ds4 controller option and without same result.

This is what I have so far. The SCP monitor is detecting the controller as well but the server is not.

I also force installed the SCP Driver so that the bluetooth driver would install also tried without force installing same issue.

Using Win 7 64 bit using USB.

More stuffing around and I tried bluetooth. It picks up the controller saying found controller with an address and that its not using a profile. Then the controller turns off and disconnects.

If I remember correctly you were not supposed to install the bluetooth driver (use windows default instead) only the scp driver. This may be the issue but I may be wrong. Also note that there are some BT stacks and dongles that just plain don't work, and when they do they only seem to work using windows default drivers and not their own drivers.
(05-25-2014, 12:34 PM)jhebbel Wrote: [ -> ]If I remember correctly you were not supposed to install the bluetooth driver (use windows default instead) only the scp driver. This may be the issue but I may be wrong. Also note that there are some BT stacks and dongles that just plain don't work, and when they do they only seem to work using windows default drivers and not their own drivers.

This issue also arises during usb use as well. Am reinstalling the SCP drivers without bluetooth and still having the same issue however and this is through USB
(05-25-2014, 01:13 PM)nugget28 Wrote: [ -> ]This issue also arises during usb use as well. Am reinstalling the SCP drivers without bluetooth and still having the same issue however and this is through USB

Which version are you using, and has it ever worked using any versions from either me, j2k, electro, innex?