..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows -- yet another DualShock 4 driver! (No longer under active development)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(06-22-2014, 11:02 PM)jhebbel Wrote: [ -> ]Thats a bummer, still under warranty?

doubtful. my thinking is that it was busted from the start, some bad plastic. i had some issues when i first got it that were from what i can tell the hinge/spring, opening the controller confirmed this. also noticed a ribbon cable more crumpled than i would like, it went to the light and seemed alright otherwise. no other hardware issues were noted while checking the trigger issue.
question about the controller auto-shutoff timer. can it be changed or is it set by the hardware? because mine does not seem to shut off automatically.

J2K one request, since you made a appdata/program folder choice to the program i have been using it in a portable manner with the intention to share it. I found however frustrations with the implementation that I believe can be changed very easily with a toggle instead of a prompt. I believe a Portable checkbox and a [Copy] or [Sync] button in the settings tab would do the job much better.
also why does the program window keep changing sizes? i'm on a different computer than before when i mentioned it (sent the other back, got new laptop). other programs on my computer remember their window sizes...
(06-23-2014, 05:29 AM)DaRkL3AD3R Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sticking with the electrobrains vanilla builds, and so I'm on the latest release on June 5th. I'd like to report an issue with the button mapping editor.

1) First off, there needs to be a way to exit the editor and just enable the settings you have without having to save it as a file every time. That gets majorly annoying when I'm just trying to make minor tweaks and hone in on a perfect setup.

2) If I load a saved profile, the actual button mappings don't display as changed until I exit the button mapping window and reload it. Example: bind Escape to the Guide button. Save Profile and enable. Exit window. Re-open window and load up the Default profile that has Guide button function as Guide. If you click the Guide button after loading the Default profile, it will still show it being binded to Escape with Repeat/Scan Codes still active until you exit the window and re-open it. Also very frustrating.

Don't see electrobraines around here much anymore, dont think hes still actively working on development.
Hi guys, i see you have reached somewhat of a plateau with developments in the last couple weeks, with bug fixes and placating Shinra's endless requests seeming to be the order of the day - unless theres some large things being worked on at the moment im not aware of?

Could I add a request for feature implementation in the future? Could you a shift modifier for the button mapping be added in? Initially when it was just swapping the layout of buttons from game to game that was fine, but it would be great seeing as we can add any keyboard or mouse commands, to be able to hold - for instance - L1 as a shift modifier and access a whole new set of buttons on the controller.

You could do it with different pages on the profiles, where normally (and if you dont need any extra commands) page 1 is the default, but holding a button moves to profile page 2 and letting go of L1 returns to page 1. Its important when playing PC games which have so many commands spread across a keyboard to be able to access them all - but not necessarily at the same time. For instance, in an action RPG you would have attack, jump, block etc on the face buttons but for in game menus, you'd hold L1 and it changes the face buttons to be Inventory, Character page, Skill tree etc. hope that makes sense, and it would be the bomb if it was there!

Also, Jay the mouse replication on the Joysticks is much better now thanks for fixing the sensitivity levels - it can only travel along one axis at a time though, is there any way to allow for both axis to be simulated together to allow diagonal movement?

Thanks again guys.
(06-23-2014, 03:50 PM)marcoboyle Wrote: [ -> ]Hi guys, i see you have reached somewhat of a plateau with developments in the last couple weeks, with bug fixes and placating Shinra's endless requests seeming to be the order of the day - unless theres some large things being worked on at the moment im not aware of?

Could I add a request for feature implementation in the future? Could you a shift modifier for the button mapping be added in? Initially when it was just swapping the layout of buttons from game to game that was fine, but it would be great seeing as we can add any keyboard or mouse commands, to be able to hold - for instance - L1 as a shift modifier and access a whole new set of buttons on the controller.

You could do it with different pages on the profiles, where normally (and if you dont need any extra commands) page 1 is the default, but holding a button moves to profile page 2 and letting go of L1 returns to page 1. Its important when playing PC games which have so many commands spread across a keyboard to be able to access them all - but not necessarily at the same time. For instance, in an action RPG you would have attack, jump, block etc on the face buttons but for in game menus, you'd hold L1 and it changes the face buttons to be Inventory, Character page, Skill tree etc. hope that makes sense, and it would be the bomb if it was there!

Also, Jay the mouse replication on the Joysticks is much better now thanks for fixing the sensitivity levels - it can only travel along one axis at a time though, is there any way to allow for both axis to be simulated together to allow diagonal movement?

Thanks again guys.

I don't think hes hit a plateau, Just the majority of requests coming in seem to be minor ones at the moment. Sometimes its nice to have a slow period where you can focus on bugs and polishing.
(06-23-2014, 04:11 PM)jhebbel Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think hes hit a plateau, Just the majority of requests coming in seem to be minor ones at the moment. Sometimes its nice to have a slow period where you can focus on bugs and polishing.

Aw, sorry i didnt mean it to sound like a negative, i was meaning like a development plateau as exactly that - minor feature requests, bug fixes etc. Not a personal plateau in terms of interest or involvement, just rate of development for new features - which as you rightly say, must be nice for you guys when its been relentless updates for weeks on end!

I know audio stuff prob aint gona happen, and stability wise its been pretty good for a while, so im just wondering if yous are happy with it like this for just now, or if your looking for suggestions for new features to be added? You can obviously add them as you see fit, probably depending on difficulty of implementation. I just have a couple ideas to throw out there to see if anything sticks, but i like to wait until all the busy stuff has died down for a bit first. No point on lumping more requests when theres a lot going on, it'll just get lost in the posts.
(06-23-2014, 06:00 PM)marcoboyle Wrote: [ -> ]Aw, sorry i didnt mean it to sound like a negative, i was meaning like a development plateau as exactly that - minor feature requests, bug fixes etc. Not a personal plateau in terms of interest or involvement, just rate of development for new features - which as you rightly say, must be nice for you guys when its been relentless updates for weeks on end!

I know audio stuff prob aint gona happen, and stability wise its been pretty good for a while, so im just wondering if yous are happy with it like this for just now, or if your looking for suggestions for new features to be added? You can obviously add them as you see fit, probably depending on difficulty of implementation. I just have a couple ideas to throw out there to see if anything sticks, but i like to wait until all the busy stuff has died down for a bit first. No point on lumping more requests when theres a lot going on, it'll just get lost in the posts.

Im sure I can speak for J2K when I say were pretty open to all suggestions within the realm of reason, unfortunately the audio is not likely, The amount of work required to backwards engineer a BT stack to emulate a PS handshake to actually open that service up to us is quite an undertaking, not to mention even if we did crack it the custom drivers we would have to write would probably only work with an even smaller number of BT dongles then we are limited to right now.
(06-23-2014, 12:41 PM)Drossious Wrote: [ -> ]question about the controller auto-shutoff timer. can it be changed or is it set by the hardware? because mine does not seem to shut off automatically.

J2K one request, since you made a appdata/program folder choice to the program i have been using it in a portable manner with the intention to share it. I found however frustrations with the implementation that I believe can be changed very easily with a toggle instead of a prompt. I believe a Portable checkbox and a [Copy] or [Sync] button in the settings tab would do the job much better.
also why does the program window keep changing sizes? i'm on a different computer than before when i mentioned it (sent the other back, got new laptop). other programs on my computer remember their window sizes...

It's all software, it's turned on by the software and the value is also changed by it. Without it, the controller would stay on until the controller died or lost connection.

Also I didn't go with a toggle because unless I use the registry, the program wouldn't know where to save or load the preference. What issues are you having with it?

As for the window size change, it happens to fit the profile settings if the window size is too small, then goes back to it's old size after you finish. If you leave it a big enough size, the size it won't change.
(06-23-2014, 03:50 PM)marcoboyle Wrote: [ -> ]Hi guys, i see you have reached somewhat of a plateau with developments in the last couple weeks, with bug fixes and placating Shinra's endless requests seeming to be the order of the day - unless theres some large things being worked on at the moment im not aware of?

Thanks again guys.

Sounds like a nifty feature, I'll try to add it after the build with Tilt mapping.

And yeah as for the audio stuff. I'm definitely not gonna be the one to add it, even thought I want it just as much as the next guy. I don't have a ps4 to reverse engineer on, and I simply have no experience in making drivers. There's probably more of a chance of sony making official drivers than that happening sadly.
Version 10.6
Sixaxis tilts can now mapped, map them to the analog sticks, buttons, keyboards, and even macros
Better Support of multiple action being mapped to analog sticks
Fixed crash with an empty macro
UI Fixes

I found an bug like five minutes after posting, so if you have any issues with sixaxis (and of course anything else) feel free to post them here, or pm me.
Works good. Would probably need deadzones too so the motions wouldn't be triggered by accident. Just laying the controller down flat triggers tilting down for example. The angle a person holds their controller by default can be a factor too. One deadzone input box should be sufficient with all 6axis commands instead of doing 1 for each. Are you planning to do the X, Y, and Z shake mapping too or just these tilts?
(06-24-2014, 01:44 AM)shinra358 Wrote: [ -> ]Works good. Would probably need deadzones too so the motions wouldn't be triggered by accident. Just laying the controller down flat triggers tilting down for example. The angle a person holds their controller by default can be a factor too. Are you planning to do the X, Y, and Z shake mapping too or just these tilts?

Yeah I'm thinking of adding deadzones for sixaxis, I thought the current however could work for when the controller is sitting idly. No plans so far for shaking the controller, maybe just an in general shaking, but not shaking by the axis, as most times you might start the actions of other axis shakes.