..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows -- yet another DualShock 4 driver! (No longer under active development)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey J2K, excellent work on the tool.

I have an extremely specific problem that hopefully you can help me with, when I try to play Street Fighter RB X and circle all have the A button function for the 360 controller, to bypass this i've been checking "hide ds4 controller" in the options. Recently I installed teamspeak and now upon opening/closing teamspeak or opening the steam overlay my entire computer freezes for a good 10 seconds. I know this is due to the hide ds4 controller option because when I don't have it checked the problem goes away. Any idea what's causing this? Or is there any way to stop RB circle and cross from doing the same thing?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I probably should've done some more research before making this long-ass post, after a few hours of digging I've found the solution and I'll post it here in case anyone else has this issue: Just go into teamspeak and go to settings > options > hotkeys and on the bottom right change it from default to keyboard and mouse only. Hope this helps someone.
(07-08-2014, 11:42 PM)shinra358 Wrote: [ -> ]The 'connecting... mode' is when you first turn on bluetooth and it says 'connecting...' on the 'controllers' tab before it actually turns bluetooth completely on.

I know it is, I mean my connection happens in a quicker time so that issue doesn't happen to me.
(07-09-2014, 12:11 AM)pedrovay2003 Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way to default the touchpad to have the mouse cursor set to off on startup? Is that not there, or am I just blind?

No, not now at least. At best you can turn off the mouse movement permanently by unchecking slide in the touchpad panel of said profile, or temporarily turn it off by holding ps and touchpad.
(07-09-2014, 03:26 AM)Bladefor Wrote: [ -> ]Hey J2K, excellent work on the tool.

I have an extremely specific problem that hopefully you can help me with, when I try to play Street Fighter RB X and circle all have the A button function for the 360 controller, to bypass this i've been checking "hide ds4 controller" in the options. Recently I installed teamspeak and now upon opening/closing teamspeak or opening the steam overlay my entire computer freezes for a good 10 seconds. I know this is due to the hide ds4 controller option because when I don't have it checked the problem goes away. Any idea what's causing this? Or is there any way to stop RB circle and cross from doing the same thing?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I probably should've done some more research before making this long-ass post, after a few hours of digging I've found the solution and I'll post it here in case anyone else has this issue: Just go into teamspeak and go to settings > options > hotkeys and on the bottom right change it from default to keyboard and mouse only. Hope this helps someone.

I'm glad you figured it out, I don't use teamspeak but there was a solution to that, which is the one you just found, however I forgot it myself.
I really like that you can have multiple profiles and switch them via a two finger swipe with J2K's tool. I really want to use this as I like to sit on my couch and play games. But occasianlly I want to watch movies or a game crashes and instead getting up and walking over to my PC I could just swipe across the touchscreen and have a new profile that has a mouse and buttons and whatnot. The only downside so far for me is that the joysticks are not emulating the mouse very well. First of all the x- and y- axis don't seem to work together so when I press left-up I either get left or up on my mouse movement (with Xpadder I had a nice profile for a mouse. Though I don't want to use a second program if necessary). Second, the mouse cursours seems to jitter very slightly when I move a stick and doesn't stup until I switch profiles again.

Is this a know/common issue or is this my PC specifically? Maybe I have to fine tune some settings? Anyone got any ideas how to go about this issuse?
(07-09-2014, 05:20 PM)DesMahavailo Wrote: [ -> ]I really like that you can have multiple profiles and switch them via a two finger swipe with J2K's tool. I really want to use this as I like to sit on my couch and play games. But occasianlly I want to watch movies or a game crashes and instead getting up and walking over to my PC I could just swipe across the touchscreen and have a new profile that has a mouse and buttons and whatnot. The only downside so far for me is that the joysticks are not emulating the mouse very well. First of all the x- and y- axis don't seem to work together so when I press left-up I either get left or up on my mouse movement (with Xpadder I had a nice profile for a mouse. Though I don't want to use a second program if necessary). Second, the mouse cursours seems to jitter very slightly when I move a stick and doesn't stup until I switch profiles again.

Is this a know/common issue or is this my PC specifically? Maybe I have to fine tune some settings? Anyone got any ideas how to go about this issuse?

The mouse emulation is something I'm still trying get perfect, or near perfect or least. It's not a pc issue, just it's a bit buggy.

Also Version 1.4.0.11:
Fix for select an action window popping up when connecting a controller in some circumstances
DS4Updater: quicker startup, will only replace updater if the version is actually newer, smaller size
Found a mistake: While editing keys, "Square" is spelled "Sqaure." Tongue
(07-10-2014, 01:34 AM)pedrovay2003 Wrote: [ -> ]Found a mistake: While editing keys, "Square" is spelled "Sqaure." Tongue

Good catch, I appreciate it and it already fixed for the next release.
@J2K
there's a spelling mistake in the updater too
it says fechting update instead of "fetching update" something like that

and on the topic of bluetooth woes, it seems like I would randomly lose BT connection with my DS4... is this common or should I consider changing dongle?
(07-10-2014, 04:53 AM)wilflare Wrote: [ -> ]@J2K
there's a spelling mistake in the updater too
it says fechting update instead of "fetching update" something like that

and on the topic of bluetooth woes, it seems like I would randomly lose BT connection with my DS4... is this common or should I consider changing dongle?

Just fixed for next release.

As for that, since you say the controller lags a bit, it seems like the connection the dongle has with the controller has a lot of interference/can't hold a connection properly with this tool. I'm pretty sure it's the dongle or the driver associated with it.
Hope this isn't a repeat, I've got an issue with using the touchpad as a mouse, there seems to be a lot of Mouse Intertia. That is to say, if you slide your finger on the touchpad and then stop, without pulling your finger off the pad, the mouse cursor continues to slide to a stop, instead of coming to a stop immediately as it should.

Is there any chance you can see if you can fix the inertia, or provide an option to disable it? It makes it very difficult to click on anything with the touch pad. I don't know if anyone else is having the issue or not, or if there might be something else to it on my end.

I'm using it wired and have no other pads plugged in or anything. Anything else you might need to know that might help narrow it down?

I've tested it on a few more configurations and machines and determined more accurately where there is no inertia.

Essentially it seems that on electrobrain's older versions (up to at least DS4Windows-2014-03-24_1 anyway), if you had the pad sensitivity set below 100, there would be no inertia. 100 or higher and you would get it. Versions after that (starting with DS4Windows-1.0_Alpha-2014-03-28_0) this behavior no longer occurs, and I simply always get inertia. Maybe this was a deliberate thing in the old electrobrain code?
I can't play the wolf among us with the ds4 controller using ds4win. I could play it find with ds4tool. I tried hiding it but nothing changed. The gamepad is not recognized.