..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows -- yet another DualShock 4 driver! (No longer under active development)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(08-01-2014, 01:07 AM)Drossious Wrote: [ -> ]simple question. i think most computer users who hate popups, though i know some people really really love them, i personally do not. so, J2K, is there any way you could disable the balloon popups on your app? it kinda sucks to have to alt-tab back into epcsx when the focus changes cause a controller connection causes a pop-up. the popups are not just the balloon window, but if the taskbar is set to auto-hide then the whole taskbar can popup to partially obscure games running windowed.
Turn off the notifications option.

I would actually like some sort of notification that would overlay the screen, rather than a taskbar notification.
(08-01-2014, 02:44 AM)OZONE Wrote: [ -> ]Turn off the notifications option.

I would actually like some sort of notification that would overlay the screen, rather than a taskbar notification.

im an idiot. i looked and did not see it before, though that was several versions ago, only now got annoyed enough to say something. i only hope that was added recently and that i havnt been putting up with the popup for months without knowing i could disable it.
Is this supposed to work with Uplay games when "Hide DS4 Controller" is enabled? Because it's not working with Uplay (freezing, locking up) whether I have it checked or unchecked.
Okay follow up on my last post-

I un-checked "Hide DS4 Controller" and now it apparently works with Uplay games (or Far Cry 3, at least) no problem. If I hide DS4, it doesn't work (locking up, freezing). Which doesn't seem to make sense.

Anyway, if anyone is getting freezing and locking up in Uplay games (or anything else, for that matter) while using the DS4 with this tool, if you unplug the controller, the game will stop locking up and work normally again. You should, at this point, be able to plug it back in and use it just fine.
(07-31-2014, 03:55 AM)DaRkL3AD3R Wrote: [ -> ]Hey electrobrains, I know this is a bit late but I think it's time to report on something Laugh

Upgraded to Windows 8.1, and DS4 Tool works 100% perfectly now. Hotplugging is no longer 90% miss 10% hit, it's now 100% hit all the time every time. It just works. Pairing my controller with my bluetooth adapter is still a bit flakey, but I'm gonna chalk this up to my adapter which is about 5 or 6 years old.

So for those of you on Windows 7 and you're not getting a completely functional experience with your DS4, upgrade. It really does make a big difference. I was skeptical for the longest time, but the underthehood changes to 8 are pretty significant. The only downside... that hideous UI. They better provide some fix in Update 2 next month instead of rolling it all in to Windows 9 as a selling point :angry:

That's good to hear. It's too bad Microsoft isn't in the habit of porting back much of their improvements to Windows 7. If you ignore the annoying UI differences, everything in general just works better in Windows 8.
(08-03-2014, 05:38 AM)electrobrains Wrote: [ -> ]That's good to hear. It's too bad Microsoft isn't in the habit of porting back much of their improvements to Windows 7. If you ignore the annoying UI differences, everything in general just works better in Windows 8.

Other than the start menu which can easily be added back and metro which can be disabled, I like the UI changes.
Found these issues that were once fixed but now are back (just putting these here so the author can see when he comes back from vacation):

*Pressing exit in the taskbar or pressing [stop] doesnt turn off the lights (white) anymore [Wired Mode Only]

*When resuming from hibernation mode (first removing the cord), everything looks like it works as it should, but buttons no longer work until system is completely restarted. Restarting the program doesn't fix the problem so the actual connection must get mixed up [Wired Mode Only]

*Of course, as mentioned before, sleep mode doesn't turn off the lights [Wired Mode Only]

These seem to happen with just wired mode. These issues were once fixed before about 4 to 5+ versions ago approx. And of course the reason for noteing these is so that the battery won't drain when you aren't doing anything with the controller and to make it behave like a real controller that was officially made for pc.
Hello. I have xinput working but the options are greyed out in DS4 tool. The controller works in games I just have no options in the tool. Not even sure if they are supposed to be there. I probably did something wrong here. Can someone help me?

In SCP Monitor it shows DS4 and such but host address which is disconnected. Everything I need to play seems to work I think and I can configure in the monitor. I did not install Bluetooth driver but everything else I am pretty sure. Thanks.
Back from vacation now, sorry to Neur0Nerd and DirtyShady, they both provided me french translations, but I haven't had the time to add them fully yet, however they are halfway done, will try to have them done ASAP.
(08-06-2014, 03:01 PM)shinra358 Wrote: [ -> ]Found these issues that were once fixed but now are back (just putting these here so the author can see when he comes back from vacation):

*Pressing exit in the taskbar or pressing [stop] doesnt turn off the lights (white) anymore [Wired Mode Only]

*When resuming from hibernation mode (first removing the cord), everything looks like it works as it should, but buttons no longer work until system is completely restarted. Restarting the program doesn't fix the problem so the actual connection must get mixed up [Wired Mode Only]

*Of course, as mentioned before, sleep mode doesn't turn off the lights [Wired Mode Only]

These seem to happen with just wired mode. These issues were once fixed before about 4 to 5+ versions ago approx. And of course the reason for noteing these is so that the battery won't drain when you aren't doing anything with the controller and to make it behave like a real controller that was officially made for pc.

I haven't gotten around to the sleep issue yet, after I settle in I'll look at those issues.

(08-07-2014, 06:51 PM)Khronikos Wrote: [ -> ]Hello. I have xinput working but the options are greyed out in DS4 tool. The controller works in games I just have no options in the tool. Not even sure if they are supposed to be there. I probably did something wrong here. Can someone help me?

In SCP Monitor it shows DS4 and such but host address which is disconnected. Everything I need to play seems to work I think and I can configure in the monitor. I did not install Bluetooth driver but everything else I am pretty sure. Thanks.

Did you install the driver in the first post of this thread, or the one in Scarlet Crush's thread? If you're using mine or jheb's version, it comes with the right driver.
Just tried using the DualShock 4 in a FPS which doesn't support controllers, emulating a keyboard & mouse.

When I set the right stick to control the mouse, the cursor starts jittering around, even though DS4Windows shows no movement on the stick.
Even after setting the deadzone to 1.00, it still jitters around.

It's as though there is some small amount of sixaxis movement being applied to the right stick, because that does jitter around a bit - though I have a large deadzone set, so it shouldn't be sending an input.

Jitter aside, if you simply hold down the stick and let the camera spin, the view will stutter every second or so.
The game is locked to 60 and v-synced, and it doesn't stutter if I hold down a keyboard button to turn.

And my original issues still apply to the current version:

(07-26-2014, 12:59 PM)OZONE Wrote: [ -> ]A few comments on the software:

1. There is an option to flash the light bar when the battery gets low.
This is a great option, except I have the light bar switched off to help extend the battery life. (it seems to be terrible Sad )
It would be useful if we could set a color for this low battery indicator. (e.g. bright blue, so I don't miss it)

2. A couple of times now, I have been connected via Bluetooth, run low on power, and plugged in a USB cable.
All of my game inputs were doubled, as it seemed to be taking inputs from both Bluetooth and USB.
Is there a way to prevent this from happening, other than forcing the controller off by holding down the PS button for 10 seconds?

3. I tried creating a profile that switches L1/L2 and R1/R2 - when playing FPS games I prefer to use the shoulder buttons rather than the triggers with the DS4, and some games don't support remapping the controls.

After remapping, L2 (#5) and R1 (Z-) do nothing.
L1 (Z+) and R2 (#6) seem to work correctly.

4. Reported battery life seems to drop about 20% as soon as I pull the USB cable. Is this to be expected?