..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows -- yet another DualShock 4 driver! (No longer under active development)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just tried beta 8, and it's still having connection issues, but it's acting differently now: When I try to connect the controller through Bluetooth while the program is already running, the lightbar no longer turns off, but it stays white. Not only that, but when it's staying white and the "Connecting..." message stays on the screen, if you check to see what controllers are connected in the control panel now, it shows both the Xbox 360 controller and the default Wireless Controller, even if you've got exclusive mode checked; with beta 7 and earlier, it wouldn't show any controllers connected at all.

Also, out of curiosity, is there any way to change the touchpad in Button Mode to use the entire pad as one touch surface, instead of having both the right half and left half act as their own individual pads? It's like when you get to the left side of the right half and are ready to cross over to the right side of the left half, it feels weird, because it's trying to go both left and right at the same time.
Hey i need help. Im trying to use this for my fifa game. im on a windows 7 using usb cord. When i scroll up/down or side to side, it keeps skipping to the third option. So if i have categories like Play-News-Catelogue, if i want to go to new category, it would go from category play skip the news category and go to catelogue.
How can i make it stop double skipping?
What is the most stable release without disconnect issues for bluetooth.
I'm using Windows 8.1
(04-18-2014, 10:34 PM)Armokidd Wrote: [ -> ]Hey i need help. Im trying to use this for my fifa game. im on a windows 7 using usb cord. When i scroll up/down or side to side, it keeps skipping to the third option. So if i have categories like Play-News-Catelogue, if i want to go to new category, it would go from category play skip the news category and go to catelogue.
How can i make it stop double skipping?

Hide DS4 Controller should prevent the "Wireless Controller" HID from being available so the software can only connect to the Xinput device. It sounds like you are getting double input because the game is using both at once.

(04-18-2014, 10:37 PM)bkrieger Wrote: [ -> ]What is the most stable release without disconnect issues for bluetooth.
I'm using Windows 8.1

I can't personally make any connection issues happen with my Windows 8.1 system and Beta 8. Of course I rarely had connection issues with earlier releases too.
I can't personally make any connection issues happen with my Windows 8.1 system and Beta 8. Of course I rarely had connection issues with earlier releases too.
[/quote]

For me, through most releases it disconnects in the middle of a game and makes the hardware disconnect noise. I'm using the Kinivo BTD-400 USB adapter.
(04-18-2014, 11:30 PM)electrobrains Wrote: [ -> ]Hide DS4 Controller should prevent the "Wireless Controller" HID from being available so the software can only connect to the Xinput device. It sounds like you are getting double input because the game is using both at once.

When i click hide ds4 controller this pops up "Unhandled exception has occured in your application. If you click continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click quit, application will close. Access denied.
So when i click continue, the hide ds4 box is chosen. but still the issue is occuring :/
I think... I think I'm gonna get Windows 8.1. I kinda want to wait for 9 but screw it. They already showed they'll eventually add a proper start menu so that's fine.

Hopefully it arrives this week. I'll keep you posted electro about the results of DS4 under 8.1 vs 7.

Ahhhh screw it I can't bring myself to getting 8.1. Doing the change just so I can hotplug a DS4 controller versus clicking a button twice, can't justify it.

Anyone out there with Windows 7 AND 8+ willing to try booting to two different partitions and seeing if going to 8 really does make a difference in how DS4Windows works? I just want to know for sure what it is, because it's frustrating having something not work right. But I can't justify $150 on an OS I'm going to hate.
Hi
there is a nice picture of DS4, if you want to use it for buttons mapping
[Image: katana_900x600xyk4e.png]
Just switched to this from the 1.3 DS4Tool release and this is so much snappier. Spelunky feels way better now. Great work.
any news on it being added as a service?