..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows -- yet another DualShock 4 driver! (No longer under active development)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(08-23-2014, 11:26 PM)shinra358 Wrote: [ -> ]The light doesn't completely turn of while in wired mode when pressing [stop] still.

The sleep mode fix works.

On your next major update, can you add command line options for the stop/start button?

I didn't know that was an issue, but I can fix that.

And define what you mean by command lines, what do you need out of them?
Thanks. It was a long while ago. It's understandable that it was forgotten.

Like these: https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki...ne_Options

Say like I wanted to use code in a program to activate something in yours and I wanted to say:

For example, in autohotkey it would look like this:

Run "path to ds4windows exe" start ;<--presses start button

-or-

Run "path to ds4windows exe" stop ;<--presses stop button

If using something like this in a shortcut made for DS4 Windows, inside the shortcut would read:

"F:\Users\Name\My Documents\DS4Windows\DS4Windows.exe\" -start

or

"F:\Users\Name\My Documents\DS4Windows\DS4Windows.exe\" -stop

Unrelated, I see that you put to use direct input only inside the profile. It would be more useful as well to put the hide ds4 there too because if you are using that option, you would want that to be turned off so that windows can see the directinput. Currently, you would have to keep switching it off and on manually because the hide ds4 option isn't in the profile section to be used with profiles and you wouldn't be able to efficiently use it with a specific item in a game profile. Maybe even changing it up a bit and just having xinput box and dinput box (only being able to check one or the other and not both at the same time) would clarify things.
Edit: Nevermind, My bad.
As a solution to what shinra358 tells, it would be nice to have a built-in profile like "Original DS4 profile" that kind of overrides "Hide DS4" option to show it & disables virtual controller or maybe 100% mimics it's input.
(08-24-2014, 11:05 AM)TheDeadSkin Wrote: [ -> ]As a solution to what shinra358 tells, it would be nice to have a built-in profile like "Original DS4 profile" that kind of overrides "Hide DS4" option to show it & disables virtual controller or maybe 100% mimics it's input.

Since we are discussing the idea, I vote for this to be available in the profiles, as straightforward as possible, and additionally you could consider a new menubar item called Input Mode which would allow easily switching between those modes by overriding the loaded profiles setting.

I admit that I have yet to finish experimenting with the software or looking through its code so if I miss the point of using both or which has advantages particular to the DS4, please set me straight and I will edit this post accordingly. Smile

Xbox360 Mode (X-input) - Best option when possible. Most modern games with controller support will be using this mode.

DS4 Mode (Direct X or Direct Input) - The predecessor to x-input. This mode works on older titles where you might find an xbox360 controller wouldn't be detected. Try this when Xbox 360 mode isn't working for you or you find certain features aren't working.

Both (X-input and Direct X/Direct Input) - Useful for ????
(08-23-2014, 10:22 PM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]Well I guess I can consider it. when you see this, could you pm me and we'll figure out a way to contact from there.

And yeah you're free to help me with the tool, but I'm fine regardless, thought with school, I've been just focusing on weekly builds with hotfixing in between it. I'm about to push a new build in a few minutes in fact. You can look at my source code to try and get an understanding of it, and I'll be happy to explain as much as I can, though since I only branched off of it, there's still a bit of code I'm trying to figure out myself.

EDIT:
Version 1.4.0.5
  • Option to only use Dinput, turn off X360 input and only use the DS4's native input: useful for games that can use the ds4 as is without 360 input needed, but still want to use the lightbar and touchpad.
  • Added custom color when flashing, just click on the "Flash at" text
  • lightbar turns off fully when going into sleep mode
  • PS+touchpad also disables scrolling now
  • Update to french translations
  • Fixes to text

Why it's not my french translation ? here

http://goo.gl/d07tLl
(08-24-2014, 12:04 PM)Typo Wrote: [ -> ]Since we are discussing the idea, I vote for this to be available in the profiles, as straightforward as possible, and additionally you could consider a new menubar item called Input Mode which would allow easily switching between those modes by overriding the loaded profiles setting.

I admit that I have yet to finish experimenting with the software or looking through its code so if I miss the point of using both or which has advantages particular to the DS4, please set me straight and I will edit this post accordingly. Smile

Xbox360 Mode (X-input) - Best option when possible. Most modern games with controller support will be using this mode.

DS4 Mode (Direct X or Direct Input) - The predecessor to x-input. This mode works on older titles where you might find an xbox360 controller wouldn't be detected. Try this when Xbox 360 mode isn't working for you or you find certain features aren't working.

Both (X-input and Direct X/Direct Input) - Useful for ????
I don't know about advantages of DI+XI, but Rayman Legends starts to freak out when I connect second controller (Logitech in XI mode) and DS4 is not hidden, so I guess having both on may be an advantage only when you are playing new games and old ones quite frequently (so you don't have to switch profiles each time) and no conflicts occur.
Lotta different points I wanted to shed some light on here

The thing is, the Hide DS4/Exclusive mode option cannot exist inside a profile because it is a value that is needed at the time of connection to the device, and profiles do not load until after the device is connected and the MAC is determined, its a chicken and the egg scenario.

Making a profile that is a DS4 emulation profile wouldnt really accomplish much because the device would still be reported as a XInput device, you could simply stop the DS4 Tool for these applications.

Inhex gives a good explaination of the Hide DS4 option here http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-DS4-To-XI...#pid346076 that can shed light on part of this discussion.
Makes sense, thanks for clarification.

Then I have another question - could you please add Stop/Start functionality to context menu in tray?
Like this

[Image: f44705fcf8.jpg]
(08-24-2014, 03:25 PM)TheDeadSkin Wrote: [ -> ]Makes sense, thanks for clarification.

Then I have another question - could you please add Stop/Start functionality to context menu in tray?
Like this

[Image: f44705fcf8.jpg]
That makes a lot of sense now.

On top of the Start/Stop idea (I think there may already be a Stop button actually), what about making it so when the Hide DS4 option is used, the program will restart itself after prompting the user that this option change requires a program restart?