..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows -- yet another DualShock 4 driver! (No longer under active development)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just signed up to say thank you to everyone working and have worked on this project.

I'm using DS4Tool - J2K(v7.8) on Bluetooth.
Win7(up to date)
CSR v3 mini Bluetooth USB dongle ($5ebay).

I uninstalled motionjoy/CSR BT drivers,
Installed Microsoft BT usb dongle drivers,
Paired BT DS4, then ran DS4Tool - J2K(v7.8).
Works great, no trouble.
Cheers
(05-26-2014, 09:34 AM)Synch9 Wrote: [ -> ]I just signed up to say thank you to everyone working and have worked on this project.

I'm using DS4Tool - J2K(v7.8) on Bluetooth.
Win7(up to date)
CSR v3 mini Bluetooth USB dongle ($5ebay).

I uninstalled motionjoy/CSR BT drivers,
Installed Microsoft BT usb dongle drivers,
Paired BT DS4, then ran DS4Tool - J2K(v7.8).
Works great, no trouble.
Cheers

Very jealous had nothing but troubles...very disappointing.
(05-26-2014, 07:56 AM)DirtyShady Wrote: [ -> ]Do you think you will add languages files support in future ?

Its very possible, not really too many strings to fuss with, but not a huge priority right now, hopefully anyone using it at the moment is multilingual.
(05-26-2014, 10:27 AM)nugget28 Wrote: [ -> ]Very jealous had nothing but troubles...very disappointing.

Your issue was you were trying to run both SCPs tool and ours at the same time, only one tool can be used as it takes exclusive control of the device, hence why it shows up and disappears.
Jay, I realize that in 7.8, when I minimize the window, the tray icon keeps disappearing after awhile. I think is related to the idle timeout?

I can see if it I go to task manager then bring it to front, otherwise there's no way to click it cause the tray icon is missing.
(05-26-2014, 04:45 PM)Gram Wrote: [ -> ]Jay, I realize that in 7.8, when I minimize the window, the tray icon keeps disappearing after awhile. I think is related to the idle timeout?

I can see if it I go to task manager then bring it to front, otherwise there's no way to click it cause the tray icon is missing.

U sure windows isn't hiding it inside the inactive tray icons popup? click the "^" icon next to your tray.
I set mine to show all icons by default. It most certainly disappeared lol. I tried disabling the idle timer but it still disappears. Don't recall having this issue previously.

See attachment, DS4 is in task manager but missing from tray.
(05-26-2014, 04:16 AM)jhebbel Wrote: [ -> ]Theres no way to get to it currently, the profile has to be assigned to a controller and the options window requires you to pass the device and the profile as parameters, then changes made in the options are applied to the controller directly then when you hot save the controllers config is saved to the file not the profile itself lol, so as you can see its tangled web of sorts, but by creating its own object with its own crud and constructors also with writeback I can break profile free and edit them directly without even having any controllers, this is important given the application sense that i'm implementing, don't want users to have to assign and unassign profiles to add new ones for games. Itll be up tomorrow as well as code, its quite a bit different than current version which is why ill be jumping to 1.4 instead of 1.3.0.6

I kinda know what you mean, but say in my gui all I'd have to do is keep the edit and combo boxes enabled, and I can edit a profile regardless of if the controller is connected. I changed a profile, saved it, then turned on my controller and got the new settings. The thing is though the options needs one controller number from 1-4 (well 0-3), but give it a number and you can edit a profile. If you want to go the extra mile, you can make a 5th value in the arrays in ScpUtil.cs as a fake controller to edit settings, but you have many options for it.
(05-26-2014, 07:56 AM)DirtyShady Wrote: [ -> ]Do you think you will add languages files support in future ?

I'm new to Visual studio so I'll have to look into how I could.
(05-26-2014, 10:27 AM)nugget28 Wrote: [ -> ]Very jealous had nothing but troubles...very disappointing.

As jheb said, it seems like you're running both SCP tools. Also did which Driver did you install? Because this driver is the one you're supposed to be using.
(05-26-2014, 05:42 PM)Gram Wrote: [ -> ]I set mine to show all icons by default. It most certainly disappeared lol. I tried disabling the idle timer but it still disappears. Don't recall having this issue previously.

See attachment, DS4 is in task manager but missing from tray.

That's a new one. The icon disappears when the tool is focus, and the icon shows up again when minimized and unfocused. The icon can pop up a lot, but it shouldn't disappear for good. seeing that it's in the task manager, I take it that ds4windows is also in the taskbar. When you click on it then click out of it, does it show?

Next build I'll always have the notification icon show so there's no need ot hide, but only show the notifications when ds4windows isn't in focus.

BTW the macro's and toggle is coming along nicely. Funnily enough while macros was weird to save and load, it was far far easier to set up then toggles, which was fairly easy to save and load, but not as fun to setup.
I have some more testing to do, but this may just work out well.
(05-26-2014, 06:47 PM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]I kinda know what you mean, but say in my gui all I'd have to do is keep the edit and combo boxes enabled, and I can edit a profile regardless of if the controller is connected. I changed a profile, saved it, then turned on my controller and got the new settings. The thing is though the options needs one controller number from 1-4 (well 0-3), but give it a number and you can edit a profile. If you want to go the extra mile, you can make a 5th value in the arrays in ScpUtil.cs as a fake controller to edit settings, but you have many options for it.
Yes but you cannot edit profiles unless they are assigned to a controller, weather real or fictitious, its a really roundabout way of correctly managing data and can easily lead to a lot of bugs and sloppy code, so this would not work for a larger number of profiles (not intuitively at least).
Besides, whenever there are collections of data such as profiles it is good practice to keep them in objects and build constructors, otherwise you end up duplicating a lot of code and it just keeps things neater and simpler.
When creating macros, wouldnt that cause game companies to block the program if they found out (because they will call it cheating)? Should macros really be inside the program, or should it be a separate program? Because if they block ds4tool.exe by the exe, it will block all versions of it.

If you really want to do this, the macros should come from another exe called something else, and you could make it so that the ds4tool.exe calls for it when you enable the tool to use macros via a user togglable option. That way, they would be able to block that exe instead of the ds4tool.exe.

Either that, or branch off again to have the normal ds4tool and then have a ds4tool, with macros.