..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows -- yet another DualShock 4 driver! (No longer under active development)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(08-18-2014, 03:44 AM)wilflare Wrote: [ -> ]hmm I disabled UAC
DS4Windows is in a normal folder like
not C:/anothername/Downloads

hmm how are you getting Profiles.xml and AutoProfiles.xml to appear?
I only got the two exes

Your settings are saved in appdata. Also turns out I made a mistake where if your settings are saved there, the updater doesn't start, I'll be pushing an update in a few minutes to fix it.

Edit:
Version 1.4.0.32
Separated Translation on Save where dialog box
Fix updating when settings are in appdata
shortened notification icon's popup text to avoid crashes
(08-18-2014, 06:57 AM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]Your settings are saved in appdata. Also turns out I made a mistake where if your settings are saved there, the updater doesn't start, I'll be pushing an update in a few minutes to fix it.

Edit:
Version 1.4.0.32
Separated Translation on Save where dialog box
Fix updating when settings are in appdata
shortened notification icon's popup text to avoid crashes

how do I change it such that the settings are saved in the same folder as the .exe (like your screenshot?)

thanks for the update!
Not sure if this bug was reported already or not but here it is:

I've set the Lightbar to flash at 10% battery level. So when the battery reaches 10% it starts flashing, but later when it reaches 0% it stops flashing, even though the controller is still connected.

Also it would be nice if i could set it to start flashing at 0% and not 10%, since it still works for more than an hour when it reaches 0%.
(08-18-2014, 06:42 PM)wilflare Wrote: [ -> ]how do I change it such that the settings are saved in the same folder as the .exe (like your screenshot?)

thanks for the update!

In windows/file explorer, in the address bar type "%appdata%/ds4tool" this will take you to the settings, just move all the content in it into the programs folder, and DS4windows will automatically know that you moved it there. You can also find the folder by in DS4Windows, go to settings and click Profile Folder, then go up a folder.
(08-18-2014, 08:48 PM)greenblood82 Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure if this bug was reported already or not but here it is:

I've set the Lightbar to flash at 10% battery level. So when the battery reaches 10% it starts flashing, but later when it reaches 0% it stops flashing, even though the controller is still connected.

Also it would be nice if i could set it to start flashing at 0% and not 10%, since it still works for more than an hour when it reaches 0%.

I'll have to kill my controller to test it, but you can set it to flash at 0%, it's just the way flash works, it doesn't flash at 0% because it's supposed to be dead, but the battery reading is quite off, but I'll adjust it to flash then too.
Could we get the option to set a color for when it flashes at a low battery level?
I normally have the LED disabled, which means that setting it to flash does nothing.
Hello, before going on to subject I'd like to thank electrobrains, J2K, jhebbel, InhexSTER for their invaluable work on DS4 Wrappers, that was like the sole reason why I've actually got enough courage to get DS4 and not x360 as a new controller to replace broken one and now don't regret it.

But I have quite a trouble with it. Well, this kind of trouble was more or less expected by me because I already knew how crappy my laptop's BT+WiFi module was, so most probably I'm going to get a usb dongle but still maybe a fix will be found.

Well, to say in short - using DS4 via Bluetooth makes my laptop's WiFi sort of a jammer, it literally jams my own WiFi connection to router as well as my brother's whose laptop is in another chamberExcl. Not a single trouble if using a wired connection from laptop to router or DS4 via USB.

Some details.
(DS4 is not connected)
Speedtest: http://www.speedtest.net/result/3698860026.png
Ping statistics for 192.168.1.1: Packets: Sent = 406, Received = 406, Lost = 0 (0% loss), Minimum = 1ms, Maximum = 115ms, Average = 4ms

Now I connect DS4 via Bluetooth:
Here what becomes of my ping when I open youtube and force it to constantly buffer videos: http://pastebin.com/04VZhcme
(when connection is idle ping is pretty stable 2-3ms)

And now I open any of Wrappers, I've tried all four of them inlc. different versions. Exact pings/speeds may vary but the outcome in general is all the same.
Speedtest: http://www.speedtest.net/result/3698874455.png
Ping stats (measured during speedtest): http://pastebin.com/UMC4Ww2i

As you can see upload is almost not affected, only download.
And with youtube buffering videos it's pure nightmare.

Pinging 192.168.1.1 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 192.168.1.1: bytes=32 time=665ms TTL=64
Reply from 192.168.1.1: bytes=32 time=2325ms TTL=64
Reply from 192.168.1.1: bytes=32 time=1838ms TTL=64
Reply from 192.168.1.1: bytes=32 time=784ms TTL=64
Reply from 192.168.1.1: bytes=32 time=410ms TTL=64
Reply from 192.168.1.1: bytes=32 time=1999ms TTL=64
Reply from 192.168.1.1: bytes=32 time=107ms TTL=64
Reply from 192.168.1.1: bytes=32 time=710ms TTL=64
Reply from 192.168.1.1: bytes=32 time=1080ms TTL=64

at this point my brother has his ping to router elevated to 200-400ms.

I clearly understand why this can be an issue for my connection, but jamming connection of other devices in network is something unbelievable. And it's not the problem with router because when it happens our home server connected with a wired connection doesn't give a damn with his 1ms pings to router.

Any ideas how can it be fixed?
Laptop ACER Aspire V3-772G. Windows 8.1 x64.
WiFi+BT module Qualcomm Atheros AR5BWB222 Wireless Network Adapter. Tried updating their drivers, tried removing their BT Suite, in any case BT connection is handled by Windows (always redirects me into metro application to manage BT).

Anyway, chances it can be fixed are really low, so I'd ask right now if there's any list of BT USB dongles which are known to work with DS4 and wrappers? I've tried to do search job but no luck.

Thank you in advance.

P.S. When DS4 is BT-connected to my brother's laptop (he also has Atheros BT+WiFi) - everything is fine, so it happens only on one laptop.
Definitely sounds like it's the module that's the problem, but to jam your wifi as well as another laptop, that's far from normal. I'm not really sure what a fix for that would be, but it that happens when ds4windows isn't running and you try to connect the controller/connect any device via bluetooth, I'd google that for solutions. I'm sure the most immediate fix though is a usb dongle (that also handles BT via windows)
(08-19-2014, 06:08 PM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]Definitely sounds like it's the module that's the problem, but to jam your wifi as well as another laptop, that's far from normal. I'm not really sure what a fix for that would be, but it that happens when ds4windows isn't running and you try to connect the controller/connect any device via bluetooth, I'd google that for solutions. I'm sure the most immediate fix though is a usb dongle (that also handles BT via windows)

Its actually not without precedent, most WiFi now and days opperate on 2.4Ghz/5Ghz mixed, and use frequency hopping, but many lower quality or ISP provided routers are solely 2.4GHz which is the same freq as BT, so BT signals effectively jam the WiFi. Not much we can do our end except recommend a multi spectrum router and only use BT dongles with the bare minimum needed power output, ie class 2 usually.
(08-19-2014, 06:08 PM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not really sure what a fix for that would be, but it that happens when ds4windows isn't running and you try to connect the controller/connect any device via bluetooth, I'd google that for solutions.
Believe me, I've already tried. Before posting anything here I've spent 8 to 10 hours researching this issue from all possible angles, searching anything related online, doing dozens of tests and tweaks under different conditions involving all devices available at home and all software I can find online.

(08-19-2014, 06:13 PM)jhebbel Wrote: [ -> ]Its actually not without precedent, most WiFi now and days opperate on 2.4Ghz/5Ghz mixed, and use frequency hopping, but many lower quality or ISP provided routers are solely 2.4GHz which is the same freq as BT, so BT signals effectively jam the WiFi.
My router is from my ISP and doesn't support 5GHz frequency.
Besides, I'm not even sure whether it could help, because if my issue lies within the "interaction" of wifi and BT in their mutual adapter (damn you qualcomm), frequency itself can be out of question here.
Using wired connection to router with BT-connected DS4 has no effect on any other device using WiFi in my network, so my guess would be that it's my WiFi part of adapter that jams itself and others.

Then I have another question, cause it seems there's no way of fixing this issue w/o using external BT adapter. Is there any good BT module known that supports connection of two DS4-s at the same time? Or well how can I identify one, like BT X.X+ or should I look for a certain feature name?
I'm planning to get a second DS4 for my brother so I'd really like to know how it's going to work, because our aim (and partially necessity) is to avoid wired connections at all costs.

I'm really not sure which option should be better in our case, getting a good module that supports simultaneous connections or two separate modules and in this case how (and more importantly "if") two dongles are going to work for your tools, i.e. can they both be handled by Windows, well all that kind of stuff.

Any help would be really appreciated, I'm eager to make it work for this nightmare to come to an end.
(08-19-2014, 10:08 PM)TheDeadSkin Wrote: [ -> ]Believe me, I've already tried. Before posting anything here I've spent 8 to 10 hours researching this issue from all possible angles, searching anything related online, doing dozens of tests and tweaks under different conditions involving all devices available at home and all software I can find online.

My router is from my ISP and doesn't support 5GHz frequency.
Besides, I'm not even sure whether it could help, because if my issue lies within the "interaction" of wifi and BT in their mutual adapter (damn you qualcomm), frequency itself can be out of question here.
Using wired connection to router with BT-connected DS4 has no effect on any other device using WiFi in my network, so my guess would be that it's my WiFi part of adapter that jams itself and others.

Then I have another question, cause it seems there's no way of fixing this issue w/o using external BT adapter. Is there any good BT module known that supports connection of two DS4-s at the same time? Or well how can I identify one, like BT X.X+ or should I look for a certain feature name?
I'm planning to get a second DS4 for my brother so I'd really like to know how it's going to work, because our aim (and partially necessity) is to avoid wired connections at all costs.

I'm really not sure which option should be better in our case, getting a good module that supports simultaneous connections or two separate modules and in this case how (and more importantly "if") two dongles are going to work for your tools, i.e. can they both be handled by Windows, well all that kind of stuff.

Any help would be really appreciated, I'm eager to make it work for this nightmare to come to an end.
If your computer uses a combo wifi/bt adapter that could be an issue, the internet is full of tales of wor of bt and wifi not playing nice. If you completely turn off your computers WiFi (not just disconnect) does it behave correctly?

When looking for a new adapter Broadcom chipsets are the best right now, common models are BT-400 or BTH-400 all of which are rebrands from various manufactures of a pretty much identical dongle.