..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows -- yet another DualShock 4 driver! (No longer under active development)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
jhebbel, I've got my ASUS BT-400 today. Everything works like a charm, I'm using two DS4-s with this dongle and my network feels OK, no ping instabilities. Thank you again for advising this model.
In electrobrains tool, how do I bind the Arrow keys to the left stick? when i'm pressing the stick on screen a part of the stick turns red and then if i press the Arrow key I want, then suddenly another button on the Controller turns red.
I'm using 1.4.0.5, and it looks like the option to use Dinput only doesn't work; it definitely disables Xinput, but no controller shows up in the control panel, even after disabling and re-enabling the driver. It's a great idea, though.
(08-28-2014, 06:20 AM)pedrovay2003 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm using 1.4.0.5, and it looks like the option to use Dinput only doesn't work; it definitely disables Xinput, but no controller shows up in the control panel, even after disabling and re-enabling the driver. It's a great idea, though.

Did you un-check "Hide DS4" in Settings tab?
Hi, I've just registered to ask one issue I have with DS4Windows. Is it normal that the program crashes ALWAYS the first time I turn on my PC? I execute DS4Tool and then I turn on my DS4, then the program crashes (DS4Tool stopped working popup). If I execute DS4Tool again, it works like a charm....
I'm honestly not quite sure what i've done incorrectly here. I'm trying to use my DS4 via USB.

I installed the xbox 360 driver.
After that i installed Scarlet.Crush's Xinput virtual bus driver
And then i followed the extra instructions for the DS4.

After all this, SCPMonitor lists my gamepad as connected:
[Image: c202eb27ff9fa25c0c1f22154dc129ca.png]

and it is connected and works fine in the xinput tester:
[Image: 8821803f2e02401a16e1a74a4dca7661.png]

However, it doesn't show up as a usable controller in any of the DS4Tool variants...

jhebbel's:
[Image: 5cb275fcc1d9cf2aa049c39f62b03283.png]

Jays2Kings:
[Image: c65749b90a04d6c859a7e538090adff1.png]

or electrobrains:

[Image: ec06bf65e2130d65cb52759703b005e4.png]

They've all got essentially the same log file you see in that last screenshot... Have i missed something completely obvious and am just being really stupid or what...?

Edit: Additional info are that both a 'wireless controller' and a 'xbox 360 controller for windows' show up in the devices and printers section (which, iirc, is correct behavior?)

In the device manager a 'HID-compliant game controller' is listed under Human Interface Devices, an 'Xbox 360 Controller for Windows' is listed under 'Microsoft Common Controller For Windows Class' and a 'wireless controller' is listed under 'universal serial bus devices'.
I think you don't really need Scarlet.Crush's driver. I'm on Win8 and I simply installed DS4Tools and launched it - everything worked, I don't recall installing anything else at all (I guess being on Win7 you only need x360 driver from MS).

I think DS4 tools above simply conflict with SCP, because they are using the same tecnology. Try shutting it down (maybe even removing) before launching any DS4 tools.

It's okay that they are listed as wireless controllers everywhere, because they are in fact wireless, it doesn't matter that you've connected yours via USB.
(08-31-2014, 10:09 AM)TheDeadSkin Wrote: [ -> ]I think you don't really need Scarlet.Crush's driver. I'm on Win8 and I simply installed DS4Tools and launched it - everything worked, I don't recall installing anything else at all (I guess being on Win7 you only need x360 driver from MS).

I think DS4 tools above simply conflict with SCP, because they are using the same tecnology. Try shutting it down (maybe even removing) before launching any DS4 tools.

It's okay that they are listed as wireless controllers everywhere, because they are in fact wireless, it doesn't matter that you've connected yours via USB.

Well damn... the only reason i installed it in the first place is because it said in the first post that it was required:

(03-14-2014, 10:25 PM)electrobrains Wrote: [ -> ]Before installing this software, you must install the official Microsoft Xbox 360 Accessories Software:
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/...ws#support
as well as Scarlet.Crush's Xinput virtual bus driver found here; you should NOT install the Bluetooth driver replacement to use DS4Windows:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInput-Wr...Controller

:/
(08-31-2014, 10:49 AM)rikai Wrote: [ -> ]Well damn... the only reason i installed it in the first place is because it said in the first post that it was required:

:/

It says to install the driver, not the tool, they are 2 separate components. Only one tool can be used at a time.
(08-31-2014, 12:32 PM)jhebbel Wrote: [ -> ]It says to install the driver, not the tool, they are 2 separate components. Only one tool can be used at a time.

I installed SCP-DS-Driver-Package-1.2.0.160.7, ran the SCPDriver.exe to install the driver & then did the DS4 stuff mentioned in the post and nothing else, really... so i'm not exactly sure what tool i'm not supposed to be running that is conflicting?

The service? I've tried both with and without the service installed and it made no difference to being detected.

The monitor? I only ran it for that screenshot to show that it was being recognized somewhere, otherwise it's not ever being run.

The server? I haven't been using that at all, as i believe that is used for bluetooth stuff anyway?

So i'm not sure what exactly would be conflicting, as far as i know there are no other tools packaged with it that could be running...