..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows -- yet another DualShock 4 driver! (No longer under active development)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
"I'll check to see why that is, I'll probably just go back to registry keys."

Yeah, after the 2nd startup, the program auto unchecks the startup setting. When this happens, the shortcut in the folder gets removed too. You shouldn't revert just yet.
Version 10.4 (Update live)
  • [Image: dP6ZYmy.gif]
  • Truer Macro support: Record keystrokes and mouse clicks by the press and release, repeat a macro while button is held down or play once, option to record the delay between actions. NOTE: Recommended that you re-record macros, however old macros should work, however it hasn't been tested)
  • Mouse movement works a bit better
  • Fix for startup shortcut disappearing/unchecking
  • When programs that are used in auto-profiles are uninstalled, they are removed from the auto profile list
  • Support for Scan code keys in macros

I figured out how to get the startup shortcut working so don't worry it's still that way.
I can now use macros keys while still maintaining the gamepad's normal buttons, nice. Won't show the gamepad buttons in the macros lineup but it can still be done by just putting a key for the macros to that button.

How do I get to that record a macros screen?
(06-14-2014, 09:56 PM)shinra358 Wrote: [ -> ]I can now use macros keys while still maintaining the gamepad's normal buttons, nice. Won't show the gamepad buttons in the macros lineup but it can still be done by just putting a key for the macros to that button.

How do I get to that record a macros screen?

Top right of the keyboard window, the button that says "Record a macro" has replaced where the Macro Checkbox was.
I still have the checkbox (not the record macro button). Same when running as admin. Maybe the archive wasn't updated successfully (inside zip file still gives the 13th)?
I also don't have a Record Macro button in mine, and it's reading the version of the program as 10.361. Running the updater does nothing but download the update and then immediately delete the main DS4Windows.exe.
Woops, turns out that zip had the older version in it, I reuploaded a newer zip in update post to actually have version 10.4, also pedro, does the updater not make put a new ds4windows.exe in there?
1. With this macro method, I can't add buttons that I don't have on my mouse. I don't have a 5th button on my mouse but I would like to still be able to map it to a macro. Also, if I add a key via macro to a button, I can't use that button anymore (aka, can't map 360 buttons to the macro alongside keyboard/mouse keys. Only keyboard and mouse keys). On previous version, I could map a key to a button and the button would still work as an xbox button (example: map (A) button + 5th mouse button to the same button on the gamepad allowing both to be pressed at once).

2. Anyway to suppress the Event 2, Hidbth eventviewer system warning? It comes on when you disable bluetooth via the controller. It's not a real error to be worried about but it would be nice if those wouldn't pop up everytime the controller disables bluetooth. Maybe you can tell the program to tell windows to ignore writing those entries or make it display as an info even instead of a warning event or something?

3. When on the edit profile screen, turning bluetooth on and it being in connecting mode will bring up the keyboard when you don't want it to (disable use ds4 to map when in connecting mode)

Startup issue is fixed.
(06-15-2014, 02:48 AM)shinra358 Wrote: [ -> ]1. With this macro method, I can't add buttons that I don't have on my mouse. I don't have a 5th button on my mouse but I would like to still be able to map it to a macro. Also, if I add a key via macro to a button, I can't use that button anymore (aka, can't map 360 buttons to the macro alongside keyboard/mouse keys. Only keyboard and mouse keys). On previous version, I could map a key to a button and the button would still work as an xbox button (example: map (A) button + 5th mouse button to the same button on the gamepad allowing both to be pressed at once).

2. Anyway to suppress the Event 2, Hidbth eventviewer system warning? It comes on when you disable bluetooth via the controller. It's not a real error to be worried about but it would be nice if those wouldn't pop up everytime the controller disables bluetooth. Maybe you can tell the program to tell windows to ignore writing those entries or make it display as an info even instead of a warning event or something?

3. When on the edit profile screen, turning bluetooth on and it being in connecting mode will bring up the keyboard when you don't want it to (disable use ds4 to map when in connecting mode)

Startup issue is fixed.

#2 is somthing that all out versions suffer from and it sounds easier than it is, the app has no direct control as to how errors are reported, any exception thrown gets reported, and this is actually a significant error, we just suppress the crash message for this reason, when you disconnect BT on your controller regardless of how it looks, its actually shut off rather harshly. Its kinda like stopping a motorcycle by means of throwing a metal post into the wheel rather than using the breaks. There may be a method that could be written to allow for the "clean" shutdown of a controller, but its a lot of work for something that isn't necessarily broken.
Okay, gotcha. I always thought that they were no big deal because I get intel speedstep warnings too and ppl were saying to not worry about it. So I guess it's a similar thing that goes along with intel like you've explained here too huh?