..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows -- yet another DualShock 4 driver! (No longer under active development)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Another build: When using Idle timeout, The lightbar will slowly fade out as the controller sits idle. I also added a decimal place to idle timeout so you can use half/etc. minutes now. And finally percentages of dead-zones show what you set them too know when you re enter settings.
Hello,
I am getting random bluescreens while using DS4 Tools. Maybe it has something to do with the drivers, I don't know.
With the DS4-Xinput-Wrapper I had every hour a blue screen and decided to switch to your version. At the beginning i could play like 5 hours non-stop without bluescreens.
But nowadays I, again, get them every hour or two.
If you know something that could help me pls tell me.
Much appreciated.
Great thanks.

PS: I somehow cannot get the Bluescreen text after re-installing my PC. I checked the settings but the text won't show up. PC is just restarting.

Greetings,
EmEytch.
Anyone else having problems reconnecting their DS4 after it was turned off by idle timeout or manually? I always have to press stop/start to make it work again. Otherwise it just stays at "connecting..." state.

I've tried all the different branches of the tool and the only one that allows me to reconnect the controller by just pressing the PS button is "DS4Tool 1.3 RC3 by InhexSTER". But since he stopped developement i would like to switch to another branch.

I'm on win7 x64 and my bluetooth device is listed as USB\VID_0A12&PID_0001&REV_5276 in device manager.
(05-22-2014, 11:14 PM)greenblood82 Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone else having problems reconnecting their DS4 after it was turned off by idle timeout or manually? I always have to press stop/start to make it work again. Otherwise it just stays at "connecting..." state.

I've tried all the different branches of the tool and the only one that allows me to reconnect the controller by just pressing the PS button is "DS4Tool 1.3 RC3 by InhexSTER". But since he stopped developement i would like to switch to another branch.

I'm on win7 x64 and my bluetooth device is listed as USB\VID_0A12&PID_0001&REV_5276 in device manager.

Which is off because all our forked versions are based on his 1.3, but its something im sure we all want to fix, just haven't gotten around to it yet.
(05-22-2014, 11:14 PM)greenblood82 Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone else having problems reconnecting their DS4 after it was turned off by idle timeout or manually? I always have to press stop/start to make it work again. Otherwise it just stays at "connecting..." state.

I believe I've found a fix and it will be released soon.
(05-23-2014, 01:12 AM)jhebbel Wrote: [ -> ]I believe I've found a fix and it will be released soon.

Thats great. Smile

Can't wait to try it out.
So I'm having a strange issue with these forks for DS4 to Xinput. Aside from DSTool 1.2.2 in the other thread, I cannot for the life of me get any other version working. I've got two computers I use the software on, and one just had a recent re-install of the OS and no longer works with newer versions of these forks. For electrobrains version, it's a .NET error citing "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." A similar error happens with J2K. And for the jhebbel version, an icon for the SCP driver appears briefly in the task bar, only to vanish completely (instead of the Dualshock 4 icon that appears on my main computer). I've uninstalled and reinstalled the latest SCP Virtual Bus drivers, always unchecking "Service" and "Bluetooth" before doing so.

However, on my main machine, all three versions work just fine. Both computers are using Win 8.1 Update 1 and have Asus BT 4.0 adapters (built in) running stock bluetooth from Microsoft. Any ideas?

EDIT: Okay...on a whim, I changed the Windows scaling settings (the PC was on a TV, so had I upped it to 110%). Lo and behold, jhebbel's version works now. The heck?
(05-23-2014, 02:23 AM)Jytra Wrote: [ -> ]So I'm having a strange issue with these forks for DS4 to Xinput. Aside from DSTool 1.2.2 in the other thread, I cannot for the life of me get any other version working. I've got two computers I use the software on, and one just had a recent re-install of the OS and no longer works with newer versions of these forks. For electrobrains version, it's a .NET error citing "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." A similar error happens with J2K. And for the jhebbel version, an icon for the SCP driver appears briefly in the task bar, only to vanish completely (instead of the Dualshock 4 icon that appears on my main computer). I've uninstalled and reinstalled the latest SCP Virtual Bus drivers, always unchecking "Service" and "Bluetooth" before doing so.

However, on my main machine, all three versions work just fine. Both computers are using Win 8.1 Update 1 and have Asus BT 4.0 adapters (built in) running stock bluetooth from Microsoft. Any ideas?

EDIT: Okay...on a whim, I changed the Windows scaling settings (the PC was on a TV, so had I upped it to 110%). Lo and behold, jhebbel's version works now. The heck?

hmmmmmm, that is a strange one, I did see a few oddly written window state and resize events and hooks in the code that I am slowly trying to clean up, could be some interference with that. Im hoping to have a version out this weekend that has cleaner code and better exception handling as well as some fixed bugs and a new GUI. Ill fidget around with my DPI settings though and try to narrow down the issue.

[Image: 05.22.2014-21.20.png]
(05-23-2014, 02:23 AM)Jytra Wrote: [ -> ]So I'm having a strange issue with these forks for DS4 to Xinput. Aside from DSTool 1.2.2 in the other thread, I cannot for the life of me get any other version working. I've got two computers I use the software on, and one just had a recent re-install of the OS and no longer works with newer versions of these forks. For electrobrains version, it's a .NET error citing "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." A similar error happens with J2K. And for the jhebbel version, an icon for the SCP driver appears briefly in the task bar, only to vanish completely (instead of the Dualshock 4 icon that appears on my main computer). I've uninstalled and reinstalled the latest SCP Virtual Bus drivers, always unchecking "Service" and "Bluetooth" before doing so.

Since this keeps happening, could you try this version? I messed up how the lightbar work idle fade worked (It only worked if you were on Eastern Time), that's fixed now. I also think (hope) I fixed that error you're currently having.
Pulling this over from other thread because I put it there by accident (couple already answered):

Edit 3: found reproducable issue. whenever it goes into idle timeout on bluetooth and hide ds4 is checked, the service will always say connecting and will never connect until i uncheck (and/or recheck) hide ds4. Then it will work again. Any idea about this (J2K Version)? ~jheb said fix coming

Also, can you move the xmls back to the folder that the program is in? The consumers like to keep track or keep clean their machines and the appdata spot is a troublesome spot to keep going to. Gamers complain about that many times that companies keep putting save files all over their computers instead of in the actual game folder for pc games and that is one of the things Byuu is always criticized for in his emulators. Pretty pweeeease *bats eyes*.

Disconnecting the cord (when in plugged in mode) turns the light off completely (which is good). But pressing the stop service button, keeps the light on (which is not good).

@j2K: earlier you said that the rainbow charging is already there in your version. I clicked the battery level color but it's not happening. Do I have to click the rainbow or is the rainbow a permanent (the whole time) thing?

When charging, it always says charged. It doesn't show the percent like when you're on bluetooth.

In the newest version before this post, the column that holds the start with windows option is hidden. One has to stretch the box in order to see it. Was that intentional or an overlook?