..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows -- yet another DualShock 4 driver! (No longer under active development)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can someone give an explanation of the different touchpad modes? Some of them feel the same. What's the difference between Standard mode and Drag mode? Why does Button mode rumble, and why would I want to use it?
(05-04-2014, 03:55 AM)electrobrains Wrote: [ -> ]I can try adding those changes but I can't test them, so if they don't work I would need a Toshiba adapter to get anywhere.

U add it & I will test it for U Laugh
I registered here first to say THANK YOU to you and everyone involved in this project! And second, to make sure I've got this setup correctly...

Everything seems to be working smoothly, thought I hit some snags in the install when using the Zadig tool from Scarlet.Crush.

I am only using the wired connecting with no blue tooth dongle available.

- Installed all the pre-reqs, 360 controller drivers etc. and plugged in controller, Win7 64 recognized as wireless controller and checked drivers automatically
- I ran the Zadig tool and replaced the driver with the DS4 config
- skipped the step in the Zadig tool to replace bluetooth driver (not using it)
- I ran the ScpDriver install
- Scp Monitor recognized pad 1, but showed status as disconnected
- Xinput Test recognized the inputs
- Launching the DS4Tool, it could not find the controller

After some back-stepping, I got it working by rolling back the driver on the wireless controller to HidUsb (v6.1.7601.18199)

Once I rolled back the driver, launching DS4Tool it is recognized and working as intended.

So effectively, I skipped the step to replace the driver for the Wireless controller with the Zadig tool. SCPMonitor recognizes pad1 now and shows as "reserved" - Launching the DS4Tool brings it alive

Is this working as intended?
(05-04-2014, 08:26 AM)CompC Wrote: [ -> ]Can someone give an explanation of the different touchpad modes? Some of them feel the same. What's the difference between Standard mode and Drag mode? Why does Button mode rumble, and why would I want to use it?

Ya I second this, an explination for these modes would be appreciated.
Hey guys I got a new build again. I finally got around to merging Electrobrains beta 10 build, so if you use other virtual Xinput programs, such as Scarlet.Crush's DS3 tool, there will be no conflict for controllers being assigned as a 360 controller. I also redid the lightbar panel when using battery level, with it, there's also a new algorithm for the rainbow on the lightbar when charging the ds4 with battery level on. There's also a regular always on rainbow mode option that you can change the speed of.

Also due to a request, I added Left and Right Ctrl, Windows, Alt, and Shift. Note that physically pressing Ctrl, Alt, Shift, or Windows on Keyboard just sets it to a general one, if you need left or right just click the key in the mapping window.
Hi all,

does this Tool work with Steam and Dark Souls 2 without getting banned?
Because a lot of DS2 players got banned lately for using simple graphic mods and/or tools that interacts with the game.
It´s not how it should be but these VAC bans are right now out of control. In the Steam Forums there is a lot of talk about that but still no official statement from the devs.
Did somebody test it? Any ideas?

Thank you
(05-06-2014, 11:10 AM)KlausOnline Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all,

does this Tool work with Steam and Dark Souls 2 without getting banned?
Because a lot of DS2 players got banned lately for using simple graphic mods and/or tools that interacts with the game.
It´s not how it should be but these VAC bans are right now out of control. In the Steam Forums there is a lot of talk about that but still no official statement from the devs.
Did somebody test it? Any ideas?

Thank you

The only interactions it can have are providing Xbox 360, keyboard and mouse controls. There are no GUI modifications it can perform, and you don't replace any of the program's modules (which you would if you used something like x360ce to generate a new xinput*.dll file to drop in place.)
Just saw this and please forgive, but I do not have time to read through it all.
I have just started with this emulator recently, and have ordered A PS2 USB adapter and a standard PS2 controller(no rumble). The adapter came with a driver disk, the controller has not arrived yet. Is this enough to make it work or do I need to use all the stuff in this thread.
sorry for a new build so quick, this should be the last for a while (unless a major bug is found). This build has some good things for keyboard mappers. Anything mapped to keyboard functions are now more like pressing a key on your keyboard, as in when you hold down on a key it inputs once, waits half a second, then inputs the same key again and again (don't worry games aren't affected in a negative way). Even selecting mouse scrolling now continues to scroll. With this, I removed the repeat option.

I also removed the rumble tab and moved the rumble function to the other tab. Speaking of the other tab, it's been worked around a bit. Hope you guys enjoy.
(05-06-2014, 09:41 PM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]sorry for a new build so quick, this should be the last for a while (unless a major bug is found). This build has some good things for keyboard mappers. Anything mapped to keyboard functions are now more like pressing a key on your keyboard, as in when you hold down on a key it inputs once, waits half a second, then inputs the same key again and again (don't worry games aren't affected in a negative way). Even selecting mouse scrolling now continues to scroll. With this, I removed the repeat option.

I also removed the rumble tab and moved the rumble function to the other tab. Speaking of the other tab, it's been worked around a bit. Hope you guys enjoy.

(I realize I have a 0 post count, I got around to registering to ask this)
J2K,
Is there no way to simulate the KeyDown and KeyUp events? This would cause the computer to work out whether to repeat keys or not. You seem to be causing the key repeat through brute force. My understanding is that most games look for KeyDown and KeyUp. This allows them to keep performing the action until the key is released.
All this is based on what I learned years ago working with a thrustmaster joystick and throttle quadrant, my knowledge could be out of date, but I don't think things have changed that much.