..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows -- yet another DualShock 4 driver! (No longer under active development)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(06-06-2014, 04:18 PM)mbushnaq Wrote: [ -> ]I checked and the updater.exe is in the C:\Program Files (x86)\DSDCS\DS4Tool folder

I was able to reproduce this error, Am working on it this morning b4 I hit the expo.

-EDIT-
Fixed, I did not push a new version due to the minor nature of the bug, but if you manually re-download the installer and un/re install you should be golden.
(06-07-2014, 01:14 PM)jhebbel Wrote: [ -> ]I was able to reproduce this error, Am working on it this morning b4 I hit the expo.

-EDIT-
Fixed, I did not push a new version due to the minor nature of the bug, but if you manually re-download the installer and un/re install you should be golden.

Thanks alot for your continues support Smile
question about auto-profiles and possible implementations. could ds4tools detect which application is in the foreground? ie, is it the steam overlay or the video game? or has the user alt-tabbed back to windows mode?
(06-08-2014, 05:44 AM)Drossious Wrote: [ -> ]question about auto-profiles and possible implementations. could ds4tools detect which application is in the foreground? ie, is it the steam overlay or the video game? or has the user alt-tabbed back to windows mode?

Mine and j2k versions already do this.
(06-08-2014, 05:51 AM)jhebbel Wrote: [ -> ]Mine and j2k versions already do this.

Actually my version checks by if said program is running in general. I could possibly do it by what's running in the foreground though.
The in-general thing is probably better. I can't think of a scenario why one would just want it to look at the foreground items.
(06-08-2014, 06:56 AM)shinra358 Wrote: [ -> ]The in-general thing is probably better. I can't think of a scenario why one would just want it to look at the foreground items.

Well if there is anybody out there like me that usually has multiple things running at one and not just a game it may cause conflict, I have a mapping for my media player and my web browser and for games and I commonly have a movie or a website open on a different screen whilst playing a game, so how else would the application know which profile should have the priority at a given time?
I can see that happening. But that's the first I've heard of a person using their gamepad for anything other than a game. Would that be the only scenario? It would be weird to hear somebody say that they use a gamepad for photoshop or to edit movie software.
Feel free though. I guess it would be a good thing to test out. I'll be sure to let you know if it doesn't. Or maybe you can just make a togglable option for it. I know some ppl like to rip sprites and all and editing software would take the foreground while the player would advance frames to get the sprites they want. They would usually use the controller to advance frames in the game. That could be a counter scenario. I know dolphin has or use to have that option. They may have had it for a reason. So, I guess it could work if it was a checkbox.
(06-08-2014, 03:34 PM)shinra358 Wrote: [ -> ]I can see that happening. But that's the first I've heard of a person using their gamepad for anything other than a game. Would that be the only scenario? It would be weird to hear somebody say that they use a gamepad for photoshop or to edit movie software.
Feel free though. I guess it would be a good thing to test out. I'll be sure to let you know if it doesn't. Or maybe you can just make a togglable option for it. I know some ppl like to rip sprites and all and editing software would take the foreground while the player would advance frames to get the sprites they want. They would usually use the controller to advance frames in the game. That could be a counter scenario. I know dolphin has or use to have that option. They may have had it for a reason. So, I guess it could work if it was a checkbox.

Well I have my XBMC piped in through steam aswell so I constantly switch back and forth too, I also web browse from the couch using my controller sometimes too, so just checking if its open means I cannot have my browser or media player open period even if in the BG, this is why most applications do it by what application is focused, I cant see what the benefit would be for doing it the other way
Taskbar takes the foreground from games sometimes. If it were to take it, then you wouldn't be able to move on a game. Other programs have notification icons that push the game to the background. PCSX2 goes to the background sometimes when turning in on because of my Bins program on the taskbar. I also keep my browser on most of the time minimized and that has an email notification message that pops up that pushes what you are doing to the background for as long as it's up. When that happens and you are playing a game with just a foreground option, your controller would probably be non-responsive until it goes away and sometimes it would force your game to the background for good and you would have to click on it with the mouse. But you wouldn't be able to without getting up because you then wouldn't be able to use the trackpad to refocus the game. That would be a counter claim.

So that is why I think that the checkbox option would be safer if you wanted to add that in there.