..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows -- yet another DualShock 4 driver! (No longer under active development)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(05-27-2014, 03:40 AM)jhebbel Wrote: [ -> ]

Very nice job! I'm glad you broke away from SCP's look and made it your own. I also like the auto-change of profiles for certain games.

Also Gram The icon will now always show, but the bubble notifications won't when in focus, so hopefully it will fix the issue you're having.

For nugget's issue I need to see the drivers they have installed, at this point I too would recommend a 360 controller, since it sounds like they installed the wrong driver and it's causing a bit of confusion.
For starters nugget, make sure for the first SCP driver you installed, the one with the check for bluetooth driver (make sure it's checked), uninstall it (make sure it hit it multiple times in case you press installed multiple times, once you see uninstall summary and nothing under it, then you know you uninstalled the driver completely)
Then do the same with the scp driver (the one I linked), after that plug the ds4 controller in (if it's already plugged in just plug it out and use a new usb port if available).
Finally the new scp driver I linked, check force install and then install, you should see 2 things under install summary. Afterwards run DS4Windows and you should be good to go.
(05-27-2014, 05:07 AM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]For nugget's issue I need to see the drivers they have installed, at this point I too would recommend a 360 controller, since it sounds like they installed the wrong driver and it's causing a bit of confusion.
For starters nugget, make sure for the first SCP driver you installed, the one with the check for bluetooth driver (make sure it's checked), uninstall it (make sure it hit it multiple times in case you press installed multiple times, once you see uninstall summary and nothing under it, then you know you uninstalled the driver completely)
Then do the same with the scp driver (the one I linked), after that plug the ds4 controller in (if it's already plugged in just plug it out and use a new usb port if available).
Finally the new scp driver I linked, check force install and then install, you should see 2 things under install summary. Afterwards run DS4Windows and you should be good to go.

Hey Jay tried that still same issue. 2 of my USB ports it shows up as a wireless controller. On 2 ports its under an unspecified device. Another its shows up under devices but when I right click and hit controller properties theres nothing in there.

Edit: Uninstalled it through device manager plugged it in and it seems to now be working. Picked up in windows and DS4tool. After I loaded DS4 tool it installed it as an x360 controller. Now to try get it going via Bluetooth...

Whats the step by step to take from here before I stuff it up Tongue

Thank you so much for your help everyone and again sorry for thread crapping.
Just a quick question for Jays2Kings:

Is there any way to lower the brightness of the lightbar color cycling when the controller is plugged in through USB? I love the gradual color change when it's wireless, and I like the cycling to show that it's charging, but the cycling while it's plugged in is just too bright for me, and I get a pretty prominent reflection in my screen while it's charging.
(05-27-2014, 12:29 PM)nugget28 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Jay tried that still same issue. 2 of my USB ports it shows up as a wireless controller. On 2 ports its under an unspecified device. Another its shows up under devices but when I right click and hit controller properties theres nothing in there.

Edit: Uninstalled it through device manager plugged it in and it seems to now be working. Picked up in windows and DS4tool. After I loaded DS4 tool it installed it as an x360 controller. Now to try get it going via Bluetooth...

Whats the step by step to take from here before I stuff it up Tongue

Thank you so much for your help everyone and again sorry for thread crapping.

Glad you got it working, since it's already working in usb, you just have to pair it in bluetooth by holding PS+Share, then connect to it in your BT settings. Since all the drivers are set up, it should be an easy run through.
(05-27-2014, 12:45 PM)pedrovay2003 Wrote: [ -> ]Just a quick question for Jays2Kings:

Is there any way to lower the brightness of the lightbar color cycling when the controller is plugged in through USB? I love the gradual color change when it's wireless, and I like the cycling to show that it's charging, but the cycling while it's plugged in is just too bright for me, and I get a pretty prominent reflection in my screen while it's charging.

I can do that, I'll also make the cycle go in reverse when charging.

Also build's coming out in a few.
(05-27-2014, 08:17 PM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]I can do that, I'll also make the cycle go in reverse when charging.

Also build's coming out in a few.

Thanks, dude, that's fantastic. Laugh
Alright and here it is, Version 8, the update is live:
  • More mapping options!
  • Toggle option: Press a button once and the key will be held down until the button is pressed again
  • Macro option: Assign multiple keys or mouse buttons to a single button! Just check Macro and select the buttons in the order you want them to be pressed (maximum 5)
  • Light bar even closer to default bluetooth when stopping
  • When disconnecting Controller via PS button and Options, if PS is assigned to a key or keys, the key is let go.
  • If Idle timeout is on, the light bar idles fades when fully charged (but doesn't disconnect)
  • DS4 Icon always shows, notifications only at startup, and when the main window is unfocused.
  • In options the tap, scroll, and slide are unchecked at start if any of them were turned off before
  • For always rainbow mode, the cycle goes in reverse when charging, remains dim if checked.
It seems the macros work relatively well, but I could always use some more testers. I've tried a few Win 8 commands (Win + key) Steam overlay (Shift + tab), Closing programs (alt + f4) and making a new tab (Ctrl + T). Many more actions can be done, however I can't get alt+tab to work, but anything else is a go. Hope you enjoy, and feel free to report an issue and ask for requests.
My body is ready.

Anything you can do for:

Having bluetooth on > plug controller in > press PS button and Options button to turn bluetooth off > unresponsive plugged in controller (until you unplug and replug)?
(05-27-2014, 09:02 PM)shinra358 Wrote: [ -> ]My body is ready.

Anything you can do for:

Having bluetooth on > plug controller in > press PS button and Options button to turn bluetooth off > unresponsive plugged in controller (until you unplug and replug)?
I dont get what your question is but your issue may lie in the fact you don't press PS and option to turn off BT, just the PS button
(05-27-2014, 09:02 PM)shinra358 Wrote: [ -> ]My body is ready.

Anything you can do for:

As of right now I don't see a good fix, but another thing you can do is start and stop the tool again, but sometimes this doesn't work. Don't think I'll be able to fix it, but I'll see if I can.
(05-27-2014, 09:17 PM)jhebbel Wrote: [ -> ]I dont get what your question is but your issue may lie in the fact you don't press PS and option to turn off BT, just the PS button

He's asking if there's a fix for while the controller is connected via BT and plugged in, then you disconnect BT via PS+Options, DS4Windows doesn't pick up that the controller is now on USB. For now the best option is to just not do that Tongue
(05-27-2014, 09:17 PM)jhebbel Wrote: [ -> ]I dont get what your question is but your issue may lie in the fact you don't press PS and option to turn off BT, just the PS button

Those were the steps to reproduce the problem. The problem is the last item listed.

Found another issue:
When charging, the rainbow colors do not switch to your fully charged color automatically when controller is fully charged anymore. You have to replug or restart the program/service to see the fully charged color (I'm draining power from the controller again so that I will be able to charge again to reconfirm).

No other issues but these 2. Everything listed on the release of this version works perfectly so far.