..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows -- yet another DualShock 4 driver! (No longer under active development)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(07-10-2014, 06:33 AM)Koozebanian Fazoob Wrote: [ -> ]Hope this isn't a repeat, I've got an issue with using the touchpad as a mouse, there seems to be a lot of Mouse Intertia. That is to say, if you slide your finger on the touchpad and then stop, without pulling your finger off the pad, the mouse cursor continues to slide to a stop, instead of coming to a stop immediately as it should.

Is there any chance you can see if you can fix the inertia, or provide an option to disable it? It makes it very difficult to click on anything with the touch pad. I don't know if anyone else is having the issue or not, or if there might be something else to it on my end.

I'm using it wired and have no other pads plugged in or anything. Anything else you might need to know that might help narrow it down?

I've tested it on a few more configurations and machines and determined more accurately where there is no inertia.

Essentially it seems that on electrobrain's older versions (up to at least DS4Windows-2014-03-24_1 anyway), if you had the pad sensitivity set below 100, there would be no inertia. 100 or higher and you would get it. Versions after that (starting with DS4Windows-1.0_Alpha-2014-03-28_0) this behavior no longer occurs, and I simply always get inertia. Maybe this was a deliberate thing in the old electrobrain code?

It's not, how the mouse on the touchpad works was never changed. From that small tool that only let the touchpad be used to be used as a mouse and nothing more, up to all current builds of DS4Windows, the inertia was always there. We all want it gone, but it's not that easy to fix.

(07-10-2014, 09:26 AM)Vrokolos Wrote: [ -> ]I can't play the wolf among us with the ds4 controller using ds4win. I could play it find with ds4tool. I tried hiding it but nothing changed. The gamepad is not recognized.

I just tried it with and without hiding the DS4, and it worked just fine. Did you install the virtual bus driver? In the controller panel "devices and printer" or "controllers" do you see a 360 controller in there?
(07-10-2014, 06:33 AM)Koozebanian Fazoob Wrote: [ -> ]Hope this isn't a repeat, I've got an issue with using the touchpad as a mouse, there seems to be a lot of Mouse Intertia. That is to say, if you slide your finger on the touchpad and then stop, without pulling your finger off the pad, the mouse cursor continues to slide to a stop, instead of coming to a stop immediately as it should.

Is there any chance you can see if you can fix the inertia, or provide an option to disable it? It makes it very difficult to click on anything with the touch pad. I don't know if anyone else is having the issue or not, or if there might be something else to it on my end.

I'm using it wired and have no other pads plugged in or anything. Anything else you might need to know that might help narrow it down?

I've tested it on a few more configurations and machines and determined more accurately where there is no inertia.

Essentially it seems that on electrobrain's older versions (up to at least DS4Windows-2014-03-24_1 anyway), if you had the pad sensitivity set below 100, there would be no inertia. 100 or higher and you would get it. Versions after that (starting with DS4Windows-1.0_Alpha-2014-03-28_0) this behavior no longer occurs, and I simply always get inertia. Maybe this was a deliberate thing in the old electrobrain code?

It's not, how the mouse on the touchpad works was never changed. From that small tool that only let the touchpad be used to be used as a mouse and nothing more, up to all current builds of DS4Windows, the inertia was always there. We all want it gone, but it's not that easy to fix.

(07-10-2014, 09:26 AM)Vrokolos Wrote: [ -> ]I can't play the wolf among us with the ds4 controller using ds4win. I could play it find with ds4tool. I tried hiding it but nothing changed. The gamepad is not recognized.

I just tried it with and without hiding the DS4, and it worked just fine. Did you install the virtual bus driver? In the controller panel "devices and printer" or "controllers" do you see a 360 controller in there?
(07-10-2014, 07:35 PM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]From that small tool that only let the touchpad be used to be used as a mouse and nothing more

I want to use the DS4 as a normal controller, as in no 360 emulation, but still use the touch pad as a mouse.
I've been looking for a tool that does this but it seems that DS4Windows and other tools all emulate the DS4 as a 360 controller also.
I saw your post saying that there are tools that do this but I have yet to find any, so I was wondering if you could list what they are.

Is DS4Windows able to enable the touch pad only and turn off the 360 emulation?

Thanks for your help.
(07-10-2014, 09:31 PM)Polomease Wrote: [ -> ]I want to use the DS4 as a normal controller, as in no 360 emulation, but still use the touch pad as a mouse.
I've been looking for a tool that does this but it seems that DS4Windows and other tools all emulate the DS4 as a 360 controller also.
I saw your post saying that there are tools that do this but I have yet to find any, so I was wondering if you could list what they are.

Is DS4Windows able to enable the touch pad only and turn off the 360 emulation?

Thanks for your help.

I've been meaning to add that mode, but as of now there isn't in DS4Windows. if you just want to use the touchpad as a mouse there's this http://www.ishgard.com/ps4pc . It's hasn't been updated since November last year, but it does allow you to use Dinput while using the touchpad as a mouse

Also I'm noticing the DSDCS builds are getting a few translators, I'd also appreciate if anyone could also translate my builds. I updated my translations so it's easier to edit them on the spot. So far there's only 3 language ready to be translated, but just contact me to make a copy in more languages.

Here's the link to the languages provided so far, with more to add as needed:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0...e_web#list
(07-10-2014, 07:35 PM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]It's not, how the mouse on the touchpad works was never changed. From that small tool that only let the touchpad be used to be used as a mouse and nothing more, up to all current builds of DS4Windows, the inertia was always there. We all want it gone, but it's not that easy to fix.

Yeah I took a look at the old code base and I figured out the cause of the no-inertia behavior from the old electrobrain version. It occurred because the code for converting deltas to mouse movement was very simple:

Code:
double sensitivity = Global.getTouchSensitivity(deviceNum) / 100.0;
int mouseDeltaX = (int)(sensitivity * (arg.touches[0].deltaX));
int mouseDeltaY = (int)(sensitivity * (arg.touches[0].deltaY));
MoveCursorBy(mouseDeltaX, mouseDeltaY);

So simply, if the touches[0] delta = 1 and the sensitivity is less than 100, the resulting value would always have the decimal truncated, so the result would always = 0. Which also has the effect of greatly reducing the touchpad's sensitivity. Oh well, thanks anyway.
(07-10-2014, 10:18 PM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]I've been meaning to add that mode, but as of now there isn't in DS4Windows. if you just want to use the touchpad as a mouse there's this http://www.ishgard.com/ps4pc . It's hasn't been updated since November last year, but it does allow you to use Dinput while using the touchpad as a mouse

Awesome, thanks for the quick reply. I'll look into ps4pc later tonight and I look forward to this mode for DS4Windows in the future.
I was wondering J2K, can you add a checkbox inside of the profiles that allows you to add an extra program to start when the profile of a game is started and when a user checks it, a popup box comes up like with macros, that allows you to add programs to start along side the profile and when the auto profiled item is no longer running, the tool shuts off the program the user told to start with it? For instance, if I wanted to use an autohotkey script when a game starts that is in the autoprofile, ds4windows would start that program and then start the game. Or if a person wanted to start msi afterburner when a game starts and it's on while that game is on, or a video recording software, etc. whatever a user would like to run alongside their game.
any chance of support for the move navigation controller being added to one of these tools or does anyone know of a tool (not motioninjoy) that allows you to use it on windows?

would love to do a navigation controller/mouse combo in some games
(07-11-2014, 02:22 AM)shinra358 Wrote: [ -> ]I was wondering J2K, can you add a checkbox inside of the profiles that allows you to add an extra program to start when the profile of a game is started and when a user checks it, a popup box comes up like with macros, that allows you to add programs to start along side the profile and when the auto profiled item is no longer running, the tool shuts off the program the user told to start with it? For instance, if I wanted to use an autohotkey script when a game starts that is in the autoprofile, ds4windows would start that program and then start the game. Or if a person wanted to start msi afterburner when a game starts and it's on while that game is on, or a video recording software, etc. whatever a user would like to run alongside their game.

Weird requests as always I see Tongue. Would it be better if the option on the autoprofiles page?
(07-11-2014, 02:55 PM)Brando212 Wrote: [ -> ]any chance of support for the move navigation controller being added to one of these tools or does anyone know of a tool (not motioninjoy) that allows you to use it on windows?

would love to do a navigation controller/mouse combo in some games

While the move works on the PS4, it works like a DS3, which means it would have to take over the bluetooth drivers, It's a different beast than the DS4 so likely support for that isn't ever coming, sorry. If you have the motioninjoy drivers but don't' want to use motioninjoy, you can download BetterDS3, it's much easier and less invasive tool to use and is always offline for use.
One may want to launch a program on their default profile too (like a script, bat, etc or something) so it is probably best to put it in the regular profile (normal profiles tab) area so that it can be used with both auto profiles and normal profiles. This would take care of requests for certain options that users may come up with that arent included quite yet. Also, it would be nice to be able to type in paths (.\) and use relative paths to the object too just in case a person wants to put the script in the same directory as ds4windows.