..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows -- yet another DualShock 4 driver! (No longer under active development)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(05-28-2014, 06:57 AM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]Had this been the dualshock 3, I would do without question, however when the controller is unplugged the DS4 doesn't try to connect again. That might upset some users when they unplug and it's not still connected.

What do you mean? When the ds4 is unplugged, one should be able to press the psbutton again to turn the controller back on in bluetooth mode like normal. And when the controller is plugged in when bluetooth is on, that would force bluetooth off (simulated psbutton + options button press) but then automatically turn wired mode on right afterward. The controller shouldn't automatically turn back on in bluetooth if you unplugged again. Why would someone be upset about that when all would be functioning well after that? They would probably be upset if they turned bluetooth off during wired mode and you would have to shut down the whole program and restart it to get the controller working again. That would seem more tedious than just pressing the bluetooth button to turn bluetooth back on.
The analog sticks no longer works in 8.1? @@... It seems detected inside DS4Windows but when i test with xinput its just not working lol
(05-28-2014, 03:17 PM)shinra358 Wrote: [ -> ]What do you mean? When the ds4 is unplugged, one should be able to press the psbutton again to turn the controller back on in bluetooth mode like normal. And when the controller is plugged in when bluetooth is on, that would force bluetooth off (simulated psbutton + options button press) but then automatically turn wired mode on right afterward. The controller shouldn't automatically turn back on in bluetooth if you unplugged again. Why would someone be upset about that when all would be functioning well after that? They would probably be upset if they turned bluetooth off during wired mode and you would have to shut down the whole program and restart it to get the controller working again. That would seem more tedious than just pressing the bluetooth button to turn bluetooth back on.

The BT paring request is coming from the controller, so the only way we can stop the connection is by actively refusing it from the PC side which can cause all kinds of other problems. As for the tool not detecting the state change so long as J2K is utilizing the code I sent him a few days ago to detect timeout controllers this should not be an issue as I just tested mine and went back and forth from USB to BT using the steps u gave and no manual input in the program was required for me at all.

(05-28-2014, 03:23 PM)Gram Wrote: [ -> ]The analog sticks no longer works in 8.1? @@... It seems detected inside DS4Windows but when i test with xinput its just not working lol

I'm running windows 8.1 and have never had an issue, have you changed their mapping? Do button presses get picked up? are you running in exclusive?
Downgrading to 8 works, tested with 8.1 still doesn't. I'm using shared mode, don't have time to test in details. Will try in more details tmr when I have time.
(05-28-2014, 03:31 PM)Gram Wrote: [ -> ]Downgrading to 8 works, tested with 8.1 still doesn't. I'm using shared mode, don't have time to test in details. Will try in more details tmr when I have time.

Well I certainly want to make sure we maintain full 8.1 compatibility so when you have a chance any further info or tests you could perform would be helpful.
Hmm i'm referring to DS4Windows release 8.1 by Jay2Kings haha. Not Windows 8.1 =p
(05-28-2014, 04:09 PM)Gram Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm i'm referring to DS4Windows release 8.1 by Jay2Kings haha. Not Windows 8.1 =p

ohhhhhhh lol, cant help you too much there sorry lol
(05-28-2014, 03:15 AM)marcoboyle Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Jhebbel, im just wanting to check something. When i try to assign the mouse directions to the right stick, i cant seem to get it to save. if i change any other button, it seems happy enough to keep the changes to the profile, but not anything from the mouse (movement, or mouse scolling etc). Any ideas?

*edit*
r.e 'button mode' if you download electros beta 10 build it still has it in it, its the build im still using. Basically, if you touch the touchpad and press share or options, it cycled thought variable 'modes' for using the touchpad. I see you have an option to turn the touchpad on or of with a key combination, its an extention of that. As i (probably poorly explained) the button mode, was one of a set, there was also, standard mode, touchpad only, drag mode, cursor mode, and disabled. The others, whilst having their uses, were really only slight variations on the normal mode, but 'button mode' was where the magic was at. When you were resting a finger on the touchpad, it overrided the default use of a button, to make it left of right click. When you stopped touching it, the button went back to whatever it was assigned to. It was heaven for using with games which did not have default controller support and needed a lot of buttons and most importantly whenever a game had some kind of inventory management. I used it heavily with any mmo like wow, guild wars,as well as minecraft, dayz, rust Eq landmark, etc. I have milked every possible permutation available in xpadder over many years to assist in button bloat and especially inventory management, and that one part of this program alleviated all of the headscratching as to how to fit on all the buttons i needed. Its basically the reason i bought a ds4 and hoped i could used the trackpad in a way to better using the 360 pad or other 3rd party controllers. (of which i have tried DOZENS!) I realise i might sound a bit OTT there haha! But it really was that good. Like i say, i am willing to do without all the new features just because i basically cant manage without it now lol

Hmm so it was like a modifier button, interesting, I don't see why this was taken out of the UI (the code still exists I believe). Ill look into adding it back. PS the new update is out that fixes mouse assignments not saving.
(05-28-2014, 08:36 AM)Drossious Wrote: [ -> ]3 is actually way too slow, but the only way i could get fine control over the mouse, and even still don't have fine control. it seems you have mode some adjustments in 8.1, and its definitely a lot better, but still very little fine control. i think a setting of 5 is about the right speed at the upper end of the curve, but at the lower end its still hard to control. try this, use the analog to emulate mouse movement and click bold italic and underline on the reply box, those require fine control, yet its almost impossible for me to click them if the sensitivity is anything above 2. whereas with xpadder i have no trouble whatsoever selecting them, and still can have at the upper end speeds greater than your sensitivity of 30. and xpadder does not use acceleration, it uses a curve. acceleration could be helpful, but a curve is the ideal solution and achieves the desired result better than acceleration could.

here is another example picture of the xpadder curve, with a sensitivity setting akin to your 30, notice the fine control at the low end. that is in fact exactly how it is mapped on the analog stick.

(05-28-2014, 12:00 PM)marcoboyle Wrote: [ -> ]I totally agree, I cant establish any fine control over mouse movements as it is, but i really like the way xpadder implements it. I think if there was a way to do something along the lines of 0-50% analogue movement keeps a constant but slower mouse movement (with which you can add a deadzone) and from 50-100% the acceleration was to increase exponentially, that would replicate analogue movement as best as possible. Whether thats something that could actually be implemented if the scale of movement is on a per pixel basis however is another matter.

Also, i seen you mention Electros touchpad modes Jay, did you take them out for a specific reason? And is it something you would be willing to put back in if it doesnt conflict with another feature?

After trying out xpadder, I see what you guys mean, I think I can simulate that.
(05-28-2014, 12:04 PM)greenblood82 Wrote: [ -> ]Would it be possible to indicate battery level by having different fixed colors?
For example: Battery fully charged = white, high = blue, medium = green, low =red.

The way it currently is implemented doesn't work when i set the led to the lowest value.
When i set battery full color to blue 1 and empty color to red 1 it will turn the led off when the battery level is somewhere in between.
I would prefer having it set to the lowest value of 1, since i don't want it to reflect on my screen and also to save energy, but i also don't want it to be completely off.

Using a value of one would have that effect. It's as if you're working with a gradient black with the slightest hint of red to blakc with the slightest hint of blue. anyone you show it would just look like black. What I'm getting at is that it's too low a value to correctly transition, as jhev said work with a value like 10, however I'm gonna try to rework the math and see if it could look better.
(05-28-2014, 03:17 PM)shinra358 Wrote: [ -> ]What do you mean? When the ds4 is unplugged, one should be able to press the psbutton again to turn the controller back on in bluetooth mode like normal. And when the controller is plugged in when bluetooth is on, that would force bluetooth off (simulated psbutton + options button press) but then automatically turn wired mode on right afterward. The controller shouldn't automatically turn back on in bluetooth if you unplugged again. Why would someone be upset about that when all would be functioning well after that? They would probably be upset if they turned bluetooth off during wired mode and you would have to shut down the whole program and restart it to get the controller working again. That would seem more tedious than just pressing the bluetooth button to turn bluetooth back on.

The thing is I don't see a reason to turn off bluetooth even when wired. I'm just using myself as an example which is kind of not fair, but I don't have the light flash when connecting from BT to BT and USB. Doing this there might be another user who complains about that. I'm saying that someone may be upset about turning off BT and having to turn it back on, I know it's a small issue to complain about, but so it goes.

I think a good middle ground is when the tool is stopped and the controller is chraging while on bt, it disconnects from BT, would that work? If not I guess I could add a setting for that, I want to remake the main windows so, I can fit more settings.
(05-28-2014, 03:23 PM)Gram Wrote: [ -> ]The analog sticks no longer works in 8.1? @@... It seems detected inside DS4Windows but when i test with xinput its just not working lol

Trying it in the control panel, the right stick seems fine, could you tell me your settings?
(05-28-2014, 03:28 PM)jhebbel Wrote: [ -> ]The BT paring request is coming from the controller, so the only way we can stop the connection is by actively refusing it from the PC side which can cause all kinds of other problems.

But the idle timer shuts off bluetooth. Turning off bluetooth mode, you've already done so you've already "stopped the connection" this way.

If you are plugged, why would you still need to be on bluetooth when the cord is providing the connection for wired mode? And why would the bluetooth off user hotkey need to be available when you are plugged in? And if you have a charging station, how could the user possibly play on bluetooth while the controller is still sitting on the charging station? J2K said ppl would hate that the bluetooth is off when you disconnect from wired mode, but wouldn't that make bluetooth automatically come on when you're not plugged in if he made it where it would turn on when automatically when unplugged? Currently bluetooth is already off when you aren't charging anymore so I don't understand.

Maybe you think I'm saying something else? Repeat to me in your own words what you think I'm saying about this so that we can make sure we're talking about the same thing (pwetty pweease).

"The thing is I don't see a reason to turn off bluetooth even when wired. I'm just using myself as an example which is kind of not fair, but I don't have the light flash when connecting from BT to BT and USB. Doing this there might be another user who complains about that. I'm saying that someone may be upset about turning off BT and having to turn it back on, I know it's a small issue to complain about, but so it goes. "

I don't have the light flash either when connecting from bluetooth, thank wasn't the problem. I think you think I'm talking about something else. Also, repeat what you think I said too so that I can see if we are talking about the same thing.