..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows -- yet another DualShock 4 driver! (No longer under active development)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@j2k:
2. Yes. Numlock is always on by default. Turning it off doesn't change anything. n2, n4, n6, and n8 acts like up, down, left, and right and up, down, left, and right acts like n2, n4, n6, and n8. All-in-all, numberpad arrows are swapped with regular arrows.
(07-03-2014, 05:09 AM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]I planned to have it as hold down as in shift. I'll try to have it as a toggle as well.

I'm not sure what you're asking of button mode, as you can assign the left and right side to l2 and r2.

Still not sure what's going on. When it crashes, is a controller connected? Does it crash when you press a certain button? Does it happened after the controller's been connected for a while, or does it happen possibly right before it disconnects from idle timeout?

Sorry, i should have added details but i wasn't sure what to post. Yeah the controller is connected, and i wasn't using the controller at that point yesterday when it crashed, but it doesn't seem to make a difference if i am, it will crash when i am using it too.
I thought it was maybe because when i was using it before along with other programs, but at least that eliminates that possibility, because it was sitting idle when it happened yesterday and i hadnt started the other programs.
It only seems to happen when the controller has been connected for a while, but not sure if its the same amount of time every time. i think it is variable, but definitely not soon after connecting.
I have disabled idle time out because of the issue with it being grabbed by steam again before it reconnects, because even when i turn off steam and try to connect, restart the tool etc it wont connect after that. Only a hard rest of the machine fixes.

It IS plugged into a 4 port hub though, to move it closer because of the terrible range, and to separate it from my wireless keyboard mouse and headset dongles.
I will try using different ports, leaving out the hub, using another usb hub, and any other configurations i can think of on my end to eliminate hardware possibilities before asking you to look into the software any more. I guess i could buy a new dongle as well? Do you think that could be a cause of the issue?

Regarding the L2 R2 buttons, what i was meaning was the button mode that was originally in Electro's build. It was ONLY when you were resting a finger on the touchpad that L2 and R2, or left and right on the dpad would act as left and right click.
The reason i was asking about it is because clicking the touchpad is not very good because the pointer moves when you press the touchpad in. Also the tap then drag feature doesnt work very well when I have the touchpad sensitivity down at a low value (50% or so). For instance, i need to have it so it takes 2 swipes to move across the screen, because if i used 1-to-1 movement it would be way to sensitive when trying to click anything.
Having a physical button for left and right click when using the touchpad is a lot better but i cant have assigned to a button permanently, because then i cant play games which use those buttons for other function.... oh man i think i made it more confusing! Sorry Hope that makes SOME sense.
@J2K

not sure why, but on Bluetooth, my DS4 has input lag

Windows 8.1 Pro
USB works fine
(07-03-2014, 05:46 AM)wahgah Wrote: [ -> ]hey is it possible to make the PS button a sleep button that can put the pc to sleep and wake it back up again? I have a motherboard where the usb ports are always on.

This can be done already with a little witchcraft
1) create a batch file that reads
Code:
rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState
2) create a shortcut to said batch file and assign a shortcut key i.e. Ctrl+Shift+F12
3) create a macro to send these key commands
4) ensure the pc has wake on USB or wake on HID entry enabled

You should be golden.
(07-03-2014, 11:20 AM)wilflare Wrote: [ -> ]@J2K

Windows 8.1 Pro
USB works fine

just to add-on
when I used my DS3 with the original SCP drivers, I didn't have such lag with bluetooth
(07-03-2014, 05:48 AM)shinra358 Wrote: [ -> ]@j2k:
2. Yes. Numlock is always on by default. Turning it off doesn't change anything. n2, n4, n6, and n8 acts like up, down, left, and right and up, down, left, and right acts like n2, n4, n6, and n8. All-in-all, numberpad arrows are swapped with regular arrows.

I don't seem to have this issue, when you press the key on the select an action window, it is accurately assigned to said key. .NET manages on it's own what key is pressed down, so if that only happens when you press a key, it might be how you laptop maker set those keys up.
(07-03-2014, 10:51 AM)marcoboyle Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, i should have added details but i wasn't sure what to post. Yeah the controller is connected, and i wasn't using the controller at that point yesterday when it crashed, but it doesn't seem to make a difference if i am, it will crash when i am using it too.
I thought it was maybe because when i was using it before along with other programs, but at least that eliminates that possibility, because it was sitting idle when it happened yesterday and i hadnt started the other programs.
It only seems to happen when the controller has been connected for a while, but not sure if its the same amount of time every time. i think it is variable, but definitely not soon after connecting.
I have disabled idle time out because of the issue with it being grabbed by steam again before it reconnects, because even when i turn off steam and try to connect, restart the tool etc it wont connect after that. Only a hard rest of the machine fixes.

It IS plugged into a 4 port hub though, to move it closer because of the terrible range, and to separate it from my wireless keyboard mouse and headset dongles.
I will try using different ports, leaving out the hub, using another usb hub, and any other configurations i can think of on my end to eliminate hardware possibilities before asking you to look into the software any more. I guess i could buy a new dongle as well? Do you think that could be a cause of the issue?

Regarding the L2 R2 buttons, what i was meaning was the button mode that was originally in Electro's build. It was ONLY when you were resting a finger on the touchpad that L2 and R2, or left and right on the dpad would act as left and right click.
The reason i was asking about it is because clicking the touchpad is not very good because the pointer moves when you press the touchpad in. Also the tap then drag feature doesnt work very well when I have the touchpad sensitivity down at a low value (50% or so). For instance, i need to have it so it takes 2 swipes to move across the screen, because if i used 1-to-1 movement it would be way to sensitive when trying to click anything.
Having a physical button for left and right click when using the touchpad is a lot better but i cant have assigned to a button permanently, because then i cant play games which use those buttons for other function.... oh man i think i made it more confusing! Sorry Hope that makes SOME sense.

So are you saying it still crashes when just plugged in via usb only? If it doesn't then I'm p sure it's the dongle, if not, I still don't know then.

And I see how it works now, to be honest I never understood how button mode worked, but now I do. Yeah I think I'll just bake it into the shift modifier mode, where it can be set to any of the current actions for DS4, plus just touching on the touchpad.
(07-03-2014, 11:20 AM)wilflare Wrote: [ -> ]@J2K

Windows 8.1 Pro
USB works fine

Is it in every game you play, do you notice the input lag in control panel controllers? If you PC isn't at the best of spec it might not handle the ds4 well while running a tasking game.
Yes, it is shows accurately assigned when I press the actual keyboard key. In-game, if I press the real arrow keys, it works correctly. But if I assign the same normal arrow keyboard keys to the controller, it reads as the normal arrow keys but presses as if they are the numpad keys and vice versa. Just tested xpadder and it doesn't happen to me on there.
(07-03-2014, 01:11 PM)jhebbel Wrote: [ -> ]This can be done already with a little witchcraft
1) create a batch file that reads
Code:
rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState
2) create a shortcut to said batch file and assign a shortcut key i.e. Ctrl+Shift+F12
3) create a macro to send these key commands
4) ensure the pc has wake on USB or wake on HID entry enabled

You should be golden.

thanks I will try it out!
(07-03-2014, 08:35 PM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]Is it in every game you play, do you notice the input lag in control panel controllers? If you PC isn't at the best of spec it might not handle the ds4 well while running a tasking game.

It occurs in the Controllers Control Panel occasionally.
Please note that it only happens while connected via Bluetooth.

hmm PC spec should be fine I think :X
running an i5 and an AMD 280X :/

it works fine via USB... it's just bluetooth that's laggy.

and nope, I noticed it in almost every game I play
(07-03-2014, 08:35 PM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]So are you saying it still crashes when just plugged in via usb only? If it doesn't then I'm p sure it's the dongle, if not, I still don't know then.

Hey man so Ive been trying to replicate the crash and trying alternative set ups aaaand....i have no idea. lol.

I have been trying Jhebs tool and it hasnt crashed at all, via USB or Bluetooth.

Was difficult to try to use it when connected via usb because of the placement and length of my micro cable, but i ended up I couldnt even use it via usb:-

http://youtu.be/V49ddYr5mR4

As you can see i couldn't select profiles, stop the tool or open the profile editor took a few goes every time as well, I had nothing else running at the time.

I ran Jhebs tool , Electros and an old one of yours and i havent had a crash with any other as far as i can manage. It definitely seems to be something to do with recent build, i was wondering if it might be something to do with the six axis tilt function binding support? maybe with the data its reading? I havent assigned anythin to it but Im probably just clutching at straws now lol.

If i can narrow it down any more i will let you know bud. I might try more and more recent build till i find one of them that starts crashing, and tell you the build number and we could try see what features have been added at that point.

@ Jheb, with your build i was just wanting to check something. The Axis tuning utility doesnt seem to make any changes to the mouse emulation as far as i can get it to work. If i assign the right stick to mouse movement for example, the mouse movement still seems to follow the input data instead of the output data. If i turn the mouse (button) sensitivity to 1, turn the curve and sensitivity on the graphs right down, the blue output dot changes to minimal movement, but the actual mouse movement seems to still follow the green input dot when moving across the screen at a high speed. Or am i not reading the way it works correctly maybe?