..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows -- yet another DualShock 4 driver! (No longer under active development)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(07-05-2014, 10:44 PM)tya0411 Wrote: [ -> ]I see what you mean! That makes a lot of sense. Thanks for the reply!!

If the game allows for it; try in the DS4 tool mapping the triggers to keyboard buttons then in game use those keyboard buttons for your shoot. Trigger to KB firers at maybe 10% pull whereas games usually only register after 50% when direct mapping to binary controls.
(07-03-2014, 11:20 AM)wilflare Wrote: [ -> ]@J2K

not sure why, but on Bluetooth, my DS4 has input lag

Windows 8.1 Pro
USB works fine

any updates on this?
should I try to reinstall my bluetooth dongle

(does DS4Windows install its own bluetooth driver?)
Alright guys, version 14 is here. Actually this version's number is 1.4: Versions will now be based on the file version, this way DS4Windows can be numbered using 4 parts (ie 1.4.11.2), this also allows the version number not to go so high so quickly and the Updater to more easily read the version. So here's what actually new in this build:
[Image: FziUu7p.gif]
  • Shift modifier: Hold an action to use another set of controls, if nothing is set to the shifted control, in falls back to the default action
  • View input of controls in profiles, see exactly when a deadzone is passed and check the input delay for controllers (special thanks to jhebbel), click the on sixaxis panel
  • Click the Empty text on in the lightbar box to copy the lightbar color from full to empty.
  • While opened, option to keep the window size after closing the profile's settings
  • Old profiles are automatically upgraded if it's missing new settings, such as how colors are now saved, sixaxis deadzones, and shift controls
  • Other UI changes for profile settings, flipped touchpad and other settings boxes
    Others:
  • Fix for when clicking the semicolon in the select an action screen
  • Fix assigning Sixaxis action to a key
    minor UI changes and bug fixes, such as auto resize of the log listview
  • DS4Updater: Also now works for the new numbering system, can read the version number right from the exe instead of in profiles.xml, UI additions to better notify users of errors, Bug fixes for non-portable users
Hope you guys enjoy, and if the current you have doesn't work update, you can delete the old one, then accept the update again, the newest updater will be downloaded, or asked to be downloaded if it can't install in the program directory.
(07-07-2014, 01:32 AM)wilflare Wrote: [ -> ]any updates on this?
should I try to reinstall my bluetooth dongle

(does DS4Windows install its own bluetooth driver?)

Maybe reinstalling will work and no the vbus driver doesn't mess with the BT driver, you can check if you're truly getting lag in this new version, it could be a bunch of 2.4ghz interference, but you said it works fine when you use a ds3. Is the bluetooth using Microsoft's own bluetooth stack?
Ooh, the Shift modifier is going to come in handy. I also appreciate the option to keep the windows size after finishing with profile edits. Tongue
(07-07-2014, 09:00 PM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]Alright guys, version 14 is here. Actually this version's number is 1.4: Versions will now be based on the file version, this way DS4Windows can be numbered using 4 parts (ie 1.4.11.2), this also allows the version number not to go so high so quickly and the Updater to more easily read the version. So here's what actually new in this build:
[Image: FziUu7p.gif]
  • Shift modifier: Hold an action to use another set of controls, if nothing is set to the shifted control, in falls back to the default action
  • View input of controls in profiles, see exactly when a deadzone is passed and check the input delay for controllers (special thanks to jhebbel), click the on sixaxis panel
  • Click the Empty text on in the lightbar box to copy the lightbar color from full to empty.
  • While opened, option to keep the window size after closing the profile's settings
  • Old profiles are automatically upgraded if it's missing new settings, such as how colors are now saved, sixaxis deadzones, and shift controls
  • Other UI changes for profile settings, flipped touchpad and other settings boxes
    Others:
  • Fix for when clicking the semicolon in the select an action screen
  • Fix assigning Sixaxis action to a key
    minor UI changes and bug fixes, such as auto resize of the log listview
  • DS4Updater: Also now works for the new numbering system, can read the version number right from the exe instead of in profiles.xml, UI additions to better notify users of errors, Bug fixes for non-portable users
Hope you guys enjoy, and if the current you have doesn't work update, you can delete the old one, then accept the update again, the newest updater will be downloaded, or asked to be downloaded if it can't install in the program directory.

Maybe reinstalling will work and no the vbus driver doesn't mess with the BT driver, you can check if you're truly getting lag in this new version, it could be a bunch of 2.4ghz interference, but you said it works fine when you use a ds3. Is the bluetooth using Microsoft's own bluetooth stack?

ohh DS3 works fine when it was using the SCP BT drivers
It wasn't using MS own BT stack but SCP's I think

getting SmartScreen warnings with this update
So I'm using the June 5th latest release, and I'm not sure what the heck has changed here but I can freely toggle Exclusive Mode without closing Steam or even games that were previously using the controller, WHILE they run.

This is amazing and I am just curious if anyone knows why this is happening? Thanks guys.
(07-08-2014, 02:14 AM)wilflare Wrote: [ -> ]ohh DS3 works fine when it was using the SCP BT drivers
It wasn't using MS own BT stack but SCP's I think

getting SmartScreen warnings with this update

That happens with most portable programs, just ignore it, if you really think something's bad you're free to look at the source code Tongue
(07-08-2014, 03:05 AM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]That happens with most portable programs, just ignore it, if you really think something's bad you're free to look at the source code Tongue

thanks! Laugh

ahhh the bluetooth problem is so intermittent I don't know what to do anymore
Wow, I was going to ask for something like the Shift modifier. Sick!

Now to think of ways to put this to good use. I think my first order of business is to make it so Touchpad (not clicked) + PS Button (touchpad disable) doesn't activate Big Picture Mode by making it trigger the 360 back button instead.
(07-08-2014, 08:04 AM)Nabs Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, I was going to ask for something like the Shift modifier. Sick!

Now to think of ways to put this to good use. I think my first order of business is to make it so Touchpad (not clicked) + PS Button (touchpad disable) doesn't activate Big Picture Mode by making it trigger the 360 back button instead.

just set the PS button to unbound in the mapping, that 'should' keep BP from popping up anymore.