..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows -- yet another DualShock 4 driver! (No longer under active development)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just got a DS4 and downloaded the latest version of J2K's tool. (14.0.2)
It's fantastic!

If it is of help to anyone, I am using this Bluetooth Adapter which just worked when I plugged it into Windows 8.1

A few comments on the software:

1. There is an option to flash the light bar when the battery gets low.
This is a great option, except I have the light bar switched off to help extend the battery life. (it seems to be terrible Sad )
It would be useful if we could set a color for this low battery indicator. (e.g. bright blue, so I don't miss it)

2. A couple of times now, I have been connected via Bluetooth, run low on power, and plugged in a USB cable.
All of my game inputs were doubled, as it seemed to be taking inputs from both Bluetooth and USB.
Is there a way to prevent this from happening, other than forcing the controller off by holding down the PS button for 10 seconds?

3. I tried creating a profile that switches L1/L2 and R1/R2 - when playing FPS games I prefer to use the shoulder buttons rather than the triggers with the DS4, and some games don't support remapping the controls.

After remapping, L2 (#5) and R1 (Z-) do nothing.
L1 (Z+) and R2 (#6) seem to work correctly.

4. Reported battery life seems to drop about 20% as soon as I pull the USB cable. Is this to be expected?
(07-26-2014, 06:18 AM)shinra358 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks J2K. That's fine. I can easily make the script close itself if this program or the games arent running.

There's a small space under the option where a box can fit. With this box, to the right would be up/down arrows to view the multiple programs you chose to start with the profile. One program would be shown per up/down arrow press so that you can be able to see all the programs you chose. Would you be able to add that box so that multiple programs can be started with the profile?:

Launch program when
............starting profile [ ][Browse...]
..............[program.exe ]U/D

P.S. The program icon there is a nice touch Smile
I'll see what I can do, it can't be an unlimited though, in the mean time you can set it to a script etc. to have it launch multiple programs at once.
(07-26-2014, 07:55 AM)pedrovay2003 Wrote: [ -> ]v1.4.0.2 breaks wireless hotplugging for me if the program is already active when I turn the controller on. You know how you solved that old connection issue by adding a delay after the controller connects, and then enables Xbox 360 mode after about five seconds? In this new version, the Xbox 360 connection never happens; the lightbar just stays white, and both the 360 controller and "Wireless Controller" both show up in the Control Panel, just like the old problem. Downgrading to v1.4.0.11 immediately fixed the problem.

(07-26-2014, 08:40 AM)shinra358 Wrote: [ -> ]@Pedro: yeah, same problem here. I didn't notice it at first because my controller was plugged in from when I last charged it.

No sure what happened since I didn't mess with it, but I'm looking into it, I added a debug version below, if you're still having problems I'll try a few more things.
I just upgraded to BT 4.0,still not working.. not getting Array error anymore, however this is what I get in the Log:INFO Using exclusive Mode
(picture been uploaded)

any help? Sad

I am using BlueSoleil bluetooth 4.0 edr
@electrobrains is it possible that you could add support for ds3 Controllers as well???? so it Works like in Scarlet.crush's tool
(07-26-2014, 06:12 PM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]No sure what happened since I didn't mess with it, but I'm looking into it, I added a debug version below, if you're still having problems I'll try a few more things.

Huh, yeah, that debug version fixed it. Everything works great now. Thanks! Laugh
(07-26-2014, 10:48 PM)pedrovay2003 Wrote: [ -> ]Huh, yeah, that debug version fixed it. Everything works great now. Thanks! Laugh

"Huh, yeah" is right. I didn't expect that change I made to work, but I'm glad it did. That debug version is perfectly fine to use, I'll add the changes in the next build.
I'm now getting index array error again,help please here? i'm having BT 4.0...
(07-27-2014, 01:56 AM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]"Huh, yeah" is right. I didn't expect that change I made to work, but I'm glad it did. That debug version is perfectly fine to use, I'll add the changes in the next build.

I have no idea how programming happens, so I can just be thankful that you caught that. Laugh
"I'll see what I can do, it can't be an unlimited though"

5 slots should be enough. Not 5 visible slots but 5 spots for 5 programs inside of that one box.

"Huh, yeah, that debug version fixed it. Everything works great now. Thanks!"

A Okay over here too.
(07-27-2014, 02:19 AM)Emulatong Wrote: [ -> ]I'm now getting index array error again,help please here? i'm having BT 4.0...

Could you post a screenshot or the text of the error with the details expanded?