..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows -- yet another DualShock 4 driver! (No longer under active development)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(09-15-2014, 04:36 AM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not 100% sure hwy that happens, it used to show that the controller was connected sometimes under bluetooth devices, but it never showed in control panel's controllers, and I never had to reinstall the drivers, you also shouldn't have to restart you pc (you may have to for installing Mircosoft's 360 driver, but I don't think so as well). Could you tell me what OS your PC is running?

Hi Jays2Kings! I found out that i do not have to reinstall the drivers or restart my PC. The problem seems to be that when every time i turn on my pc bluetooth, it shows that a controller is currently connected when its not (its showing in the controll panel too : Wireless Controller OK part). Hence, all i have to do is after turning on pc bluetooth, i open up the tool then proceed to stop and start the tool and connect the controller by pressing the PS button. Could it be that i am not disconnecting the controller correctly after using it? anyway its just a minor problem, but i would like to fix this! (:

Sorry the problem is just so weird that i dont know how to explain it properly haha, btw i am using windows 7
(09-15-2014, 09:16 AM)PinkCarrot Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Jays2Kings! I found out that i do not have to reinstall the drivers or restart my PC. The problem seems to be that when every time i turn on my pc bluetooth, it shows that a controller is currently connected when its not (its showing in the controll panel too : Wireless Controller OK part). Hence, all i have to do is after turning on pc bluetooth, i open up the tool then proceed to stop and start the tool and connect the controller by pressing the PS button. Could it be that i am not disconnecting the controller correctly after using it? anyway its just a minor problem, but i would like to fix this! (:

Sorry the problem is just so weird that i dont know how to explain it properly haha, btw i am using windows 7

Like I said the controller is weirdly connected to windows, even on windows 8 it used to say the controller was connected always but that later stopped. I guess Windows 7 had the same problem and never changed. Also I believe the way the ds4 is connected via the tool is a bit forceful, leaving it as if it was still connected, but I'd have to test that.

Also I keep forget to include the translation updates, for french users, put the folder inside the zip in the directory of DS4Windows. Sooner or later I'll try to get this to auto-update with the tool.
(09-16-2014, 02:42 AM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]Like I said the controller is weirdly connected to windows, even on windows 8 it used to say the controller was connected always but that later stopped. I guess Windows 7 had the same problem and never changed. Also I believe the way the ds4 is connected via the tool is a bit forceful, leaving it as if it was still connected, but I'd have to test that.

Yeah, for now i can live with that problem! Thanks for hard work that you have put into creating this tool!
An option would be nice like on ps4:
Connecting via cable overrides current mac address in controller with the one of system
Im using controller on two systems and it makes me upset, to couple on both everytime
Hey J2K, I was wondering if there was ever a chance for slightly better keyboard support. The various DS4W drivers all seem to have hit-or-miss support that won't get picked up by certain games and programs, while things like JoyToKey seem to get it every time. Just wondering if it was possible, or if it was just too much work.

Also! When are you going to start your own thread? You have my favorite program by far, and it should definitely get more love.
Requesting eventghost support [http://www.eventghost.org/]. It's a program for automating stuff. And works great for key macros and stuff.

[EDIT]
Here's c# code to send events to eventghost through COM:
Code:
private void TriggerEvent(string EventName, string Payload)
        {
            Object[] Params;
            Type EventGhost = Type.GetTypeFromProgID("EventGhost");
            object myObject = Activator.CreateInstance(EventGhost);
            Params = new Object[] { EventName, Payload };
            EventGhost.InvokeMember("TriggerEvent", BindingFlags.InvokeMethod, null,
            myObject, Params);
        }
Tried looking for press - release event support but couldn't find. So you might be able to send two separate events for press and release
Mouse Acceleration checkbox never stays checked when you check it.
(09-16-2014, 11:59 PM)yener90 Wrote: [ -> ]An option would be nice like on ps4:
Connecting via cable overrides current mac address in controller with the one of system
Im using controller on two systems and it makes me upset, to couple on both everytime

This might be possible to do, but I'm not too confident on being able to do it.

(09-21-2014, 08:50 PM)Nabs Wrote: [ -> ]Hey J2K, I was wondering if there was ever a chance for slightly better keyboard support. The various DS4W drivers all seem to have hit-or-miss support that won't get picked up by certain games and programs, while things like JoyToKey seem to get it every time. Just wondering if it was possible, or if it was just too much work.

Also! When are you going to start your own thread? You have my favorite program by far, and it should definitely get more love.

Yeah I still want to see what other options there are for inputing keys. I haven't found too many, but I'll keep looking. And yeah I still should make a thread, I keep forgetting to ask typo about a website and such though.

(09-23-2014, 10:38 AM)Vrokolos Wrote: [ -> ]Requesting eventghost support [http://www.eventghost.org/]. It's a program for automating stuff. And works great for key macros and stuff.

[EDIT]
Here's c# code to send events to eventghost through COM:
Code:
private void TriggerEvent(string EventName, string Payload)
        {
            Object[] Params;
            Type EventGhost = Type.GetTypeFromProgID("EventGhost");
            object myObject = Activator.CreateInstance(EventGhost);
            Params = new Object[] { EventName, Payload };
            EventGhost.InvokeMember("TriggerEvent", BindingFlags.InvokeMethod, null,
            myObject, Params);
        }
Tried looking for press - release event support but couldn't find. So you might be able to send two separate events for press and release

I'm not sure if I want to tie into third party applications, I'll see what this is about though .
(09-24-2014, 12:48 AM)shinra358 Wrote: [ -> ]Mouse Acceleration checkbox never stays checked when you check it.

Looks like it's just a bug in the UI, though it is actually on when you check it and save the profile.

Also I haven't forgotten about the command arguments, I'll try to implement them int he next build.
(09-24-2014, 04:50 AM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah I still want to see what other options there are for inputing keys. I haven't found too many, but I'll keep looking. And yeah I still should make a thread, I keep forgetting to ask typo about a website and such though.

Also I haven't forgotten about the command arguments, I'll try to implement them int he next build.

Button configuration becomes an extremely long process with this specific setup. If everything can be done from the keyboard window, like it kinda was initially, that would speed some things up. When double clicking a button to map, making it so that keys on the keyboard screen change color to show they are being selected instead of immediately closing the keyboard screen after 1 selection will help (this would also include the gamepad buttons). Being able to press keyboard keys and gamepad keys on the keyboard screen to light the buttons up would make things even more faster. This way you can do macros without the extra window and without the xinput button drop down list. The macros time between presses and what not could be on that keyboard screen instead of that extra pop up window.

Webs.com is free and it is easy to make without html knowledge.

Aight, cool. Take your time.
(07-10-2014, 07:35 PM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure if I want to tie into third party applications, I'll see what this is about though .

It's an awesome program for mapping events to actions.

Some examples: Map double tap of PS button to Shift State 1.
Map hold (2 sec) of PS button to Shift State 2.
Map hold (4 sec) of PS button to Guide.
Whenever the controller is connected start steam, and also send an infrared signal to the projector to turn it on and make it the primary monitor.

and many many more