..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows -- yet another DualShock 4 driver! (No longer under active development)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(04-17-2014, 04:42 PM)knewknow Wrote: [ -> ]Yup. Seems to work. I mapped both touchpad sides (button) to start and the binding is now working fine. Is there a way to disable the mouse cursor though while in button mode? I can still move it around with the touchpad. Also, every time I push the touchpad button the rumble turns on. It seems that the left side will make a hard rumble while the right side is soft.

The rumble is a feedback mechanism to let you know you hit one of the live zones (left right and upper), and which one, as opposed to the dead zone, but I haven't gotten to make any of those things configurable yet. If you are not using any feature of Button Mode except the dual touchpad zones remappable to buttons, that sounds to me like you really want a different mode entirely. What are you using with Xinput that displays a mouse cursor but yet doesn't use the mouse for anything?

By the way, have you been switching modes by having the touchpad held down as opposed to just a finger resting on it? That might cause strange behavior.
Well, tried the latest Beta 7++ and I'm still getting Connecting... when I try turning on my DS4 with the server running. But all I have to do is stop and start the server and it fixes that and works every time. To be honest, this is a massive improvement over what it used to be, where even attempting to turn on my DS4 while the server was running would guarantee break all XInput hooking functionality on that boot.

If you're not getting the Connecting bug when turning on your DS4 with the server running, then really we need to examine the distinctions we have outside of DS4 Windows to determine what's going on here. The only things I can think of are Bluetooth adapter, drivers and Windows version. I know for a fact that Windows 7 had many Bluetooth problems reported months ago when DS4Tool just became a thing, and people on Windows 8 said they had no problems, so I'm heavily leaning towards this whole thing being a problem outside of our ability to fix here.

The only way we can say for sure here is if either you install Windows 7 on your exact system that isn't getting the problem, and see if suddenly it no longer works, or if I get Windows 8 and find that my exact hardware setup is no longer experiencing problems.

Sadly I do not have Windows 8.1 nor am I willing to buy it so unfortunately I am unable to do that testing.
(04-17-2014, 04:56 PM)electrobrains Wrote: [ -> ]The rumble is a feedback mechanism to let you know you hit one of the live zones (left right and upper), and which one, as opposed to the dead zone, but I haven't gotten to make any of those things configurable yet. If you are not using any feature of Button Mode except the dual touchpad zones remappable to buttons, that sounds to me like you really want a different mode entirely. What are you using with Xinput that displays a mouse cursor but yet doesn't use the mouse for anything?

By the way, have you been switching modes by having the touchpad held down as opposed to just a finger resting on it? That might cause strange behavior.

Thanks for your continued help on this. I had the same issue with touchpad button held down, and also with finger resting on it. Both were causing the problem where it just wouldn't want to stay in button mode. With the latest version and patch that you tossed up for me, it's working as it should.

What I'm looking for is allowing the button push of the touchpad to be mapped to any button, but not using the touchpad mouse cursor. The DS4 option button is annoyingly difficult to push easily, so a game like Dark Souls for example where you need to get in and out of the pause menu quickly (the game doesn't actually pause) is much easier if you can just push on the touchpad button to hit "start". An added bonus is what you have implemented where a second binding can be set to the left or right sides of the touchpad (which is really cool). So no more guesswork to hit the "back" and "start" button. I wouldn't want the pad to rumble though every time I hit those buttons... (I always disable rumble in every game). Basically just have the touchpad act as a bind-able button and disable all mouse features on it.
(04-17-2014, 07:35 PM)knewknow Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for your continued help on this. I had the same issue with touchpad button held down, and also with finger resting on it. Both were causing the problem where it just wouldn't want to stay in button mode. With the latest version and patch that you tossed up for me, it's working as it should.

What I'm looking for is allowing the button push of the touchpad to be mapped to any button, but not using the touchpad mouse cursor. The DS4 option button is annoyingly difficult to push easily, so a game like Dark Souls for example where you need to get in and out of the pause menu quickly (the game doesn't actually pause) is much easier if you can just push on the touchpad button to hit "start". An added bonus is what you have implemented where a second binding can be set to the left or right sides of the touchpad (which is really cool). So no more guesswork to hit the "back" and "start" button. I wouldn't want the pad to rumble though every time I hit those buttons... (I always disable rumble in every game). Basically just have the touchpad act as a bind-able button and disable all mouse features on it.

Hmm... have you tried turning the rumble boost to 0 in DS4Windows? That should entirely disable all rumbling, always.
(04-17-2014, 07:51 PM)electrobrains Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm... have you tried turning the rumble boost to 0 in DS4Windows? That should entirely disable all rumbling, always.

Still rumbles even with boost turned to 0 after pushing save and set.

btw... I just got this on Win8.1..
(04-17-2014, 07:56 PM)knewknow Wrote: [ -> ]Still rumbles even with boost turned to 0 after pushing save and set.

btw... I just got this on Win8.1..

Urgh, I really just wish I had rewritten this whole program at this point to start off with. The rumble boost totally applies at the wrong level so it only affects translated Xinput rumble directions. Just one more thing to try to eventually fix. Can you make the Connecting... problem happen with any regularity? What is logged to the console output when this happens, there should be some errors?

(04-17-2014, 07:05 PM)DaRkL3AD3R Wrote: [ -> ]Well, tried the latest Beta 7++ and I'm still getting Connecting... when I try turning on my DS4 with the server running. But all I have to do is stop and start the server and it fixes that and works every time. To be honest, this is a massive improvement over what it used to be, where even attempting to turn on my DS4 while the server was running would guarantee break all XInput hooking functionality on that boot.

If you're not getting the Connecting bug when turning on your DS4 with the server running, then really we need to examine the distinctions we have outside of DS4 Windows to determine what's going on here. The only things I can think of are Bluetooth adapter, drivers and Windows version. I know for a fact that Windows 7 had many Bluetooth problems reported months ago when DS4Tool just became a thing, and people on Windows 8 said they had no problems, so I'm heavily leaning towards this whole thing being a problem outside of our ability to fix here.

The only way we can say for sure here is if either you install Windows 7 on your exact system that isn't getting the problem, and see if suddenly it no longer works, or if I get Windows 8 and find that my exact hardware setup is no longer experiencing problems.

Sadly I do not have Windows 8.1 nor am I willing to buy it so unfortunately I am unable to do that testing.

My best bet is to try to get a Windows 7 VM running. For the record, your Bluetooth adapter uses the generic drivers built into Windows, also, right?
(04-17-2014, 08:10 PM)electrobrains Wrote: [ -> ]My best bet is to try to get a Windows 7 VM running. For the record, your Bluetooth adapter uses the generic drivers built into Windows, also, right?

I am using the Windows drivers for my adapter. I initially tried using the official drivers for it, and it didn't change anything with regards to my DS4.
(04-17-2014, 08:10 PM)electrobrains Wrote: [ -> ]Urgh, I really just wish I had rewritten this whole program at this point to start off with. The rumble boost totally applies at the wrong level so it only affects translated Xinput rumble directions. Just one more thing to try to eventually fix. Can you make the Connecting... problem happen with any regularity? What is logged to the console output when this happens, there should be some errors?

I really can't. I actually haven't been able to make it happen again at all. I've tried every scenario a bunch of times... (different timings and sequences).
I'm trying my new bluetooth device with beta 8. Also reinstalled scpdriver, because I think the problems I was having had something to do with it. It looks like it's working, the only problem I see is still when I press stop the directinput gamepad is still unusable. It gets unusable from the moment the tool starts the emulation until reconnect of the device.

I think there should be a clean way to stop the tool: when the user press stop the light color should go back to normal and the directinput device should work again.

Let's hope everything keeps working for me and of course thanks for your continued work on this tool!
Banyuyaga I'm pretty sure that's intended. And personally I like PS+Options flat out turning the controller off altogether.

Now stopping the server and having it release the DS4 to its original state (white LED and direct input controller) that sounds very nice. Just as a whole completes the package. Not necessary but would make DS4 Windows that much more legit.