..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows -- yet another DualShock 4 driver! (No longer under active development)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(05-26-2014, 07:00 PM)shinra358 Wrote: [ -> ]When creating macros, wouldnt that cause game companies to block the program if they found out (because they will call it cheating)? Should macros really be inside the program, or should it be a separate program? Because if they block ds4tool.exe by the exe, it will block all versions of it.

Ive never heard of a game banning macros, only bots, macros are not anything other than a combination of keystrokes, my G15 has macro keys that I use all the time.
yeah, automatic keystrokes and some companies don't like that.

When I google "online game macros blocked" then I see many links to where ppl say even ahk was blocked because of macros and other programs as well.

For example, Aion:

Bot Policy

NCSOFT absolutely does not allow for the use of any 3rd party software to automate characters or other features of the game. Many of these programs are commonly know as “bots,” but we also do not allow for any macro looping or other automation software.

We are constantly removing accounts from our service for using these 3rd party programs. To quickly report these players, you can use the /AutoReportHunting feature. To report players this way, you can type /AutoReportHunting while the player is targeted, or you can access the button for this feature in your Actions list.
(05-26-2014, 07:08 PM)shinra358 Wrote: [ -> ]yeah, automatic keystrokes and some companies don't like that.

When I google "online game macros blocked" then I see many links to where ppl say even ahk was blocked because of macros and other programs as well.

For example, Aion:

Bot Policy

NCSOFT absolutely does not allow for the use of any 3rd party software to automate characters or other features of the game. Many of these programs are commonly know as “bots,” but we also do not allow for any macro looping or other automation software.

We are constantly removing accounts from our service for using these 3rd party programs. To quickly report these players, you can use the /AutoReportHunting feature. To report players this way, you can type /AutoReportHunting while the player is targeted, or you can access the button for this feature in your Actions list.

yea, thats bots, not macros, they are two different things (notice the copy-paste specifically says bots and no mention of macros (macro looping is not the same thing)), and people who complain about getting banned for macros were likely using bots and also dont know the difference. The difference is bots automatically do an event with the user needing be present, a macr still requires a button press or action of the user.
okay. I hope you're right Tongue
(05-26-2014, 07:23 PM)shinra358 Wrote: [ -> ]okay. I hope you're right Tongue,
even if they were to abuse the program, its on the user to adhere to softwares EULA, not 3rd party developers, I bring up logitech again, all their products (mice, kb) come with macro capability, are they going to stop providing this functionality just because some people abuse it in some games?
Yeah having macros shouldn't be a problem, Razer who makes sure they're popular in the the gaming community makes sure they're mouse and keyboard software has macro support. Even some Microsoft's mouses and keyboard come with a program that also support macros. I doubt there will be any problem with this.

EDIT: also jheb I know what you mean with the options, the values for settings are saved by what controller has set, however to edit a profile you does have to be assigned like you said. It's a bit weird, and while it works for me, I can understand that's annoying for you. You see to understand C# better than I do, but if there's anything you need help understanding in the code, feel free to ask me.
(05-26-2014, 07:30 PM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah having macros shouldn't be a problem, Razer who makes sure they're popular in the the gaming community makes sure they're mouse and keyboard software has macro support. Even some Microsoft's mouses and keyboard come with a program that also support macros. I doubt there will be any problem with this.

EDIT: also jheb I know what you mean with the options, the values for settings are saved by what controller has set, however to edit a profile you does have to be assigned like you said. It's a bit weird, and while it works for me, I can understand that's annoying for you. You see to understand C# better than I do, but if there's anything you need help understanding in the code, feel free to ask me.

I got it, its pretty much all done now and im just in the cleanup phase, weather or not u adopt this method of handling profiles is up to you but it will save headaches down the road, and dont worry about ur programming knowledge, you seem to catch on faster than some of the guys who work for me lol.
Wait, which branch are the macros in, or has it not been released yet, I've just been needing that :V
(05-26-2014, 11:32 PM)Crimor Wrote: [ -> ]Wait, which branch are the macros in, or has it not been released yet, I've just been needing that :V

Not yet, but coming soon, they maybe ready by tomorrow or Wednesday/Thursday.
(05-26-2014, 06:47 PM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]As jheb said, it seems like you're running both SCP tools. Also did which Driver did you install? Because this driver is the one you're supposed to be using.

Sorry to keep thread crapping just really trying to get this working if someone wants to take it PM im happy to.

Ok ive started fresh Installed the driver from the link and now my DS4 is just showing up as a wireless controller but as an unspecified device so it dosent show up in the controller properties menu its just a device atm.

I noticed in the link you provided there was no ZAdiag folder for driver install im guessing that has something to do with the DS4 not correctly being recognised?

The controller is plugged in and has no light at all at the moment.