..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows -- yet another DualShock 4 driver! (No longer under active development)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(05-27-2014, 02:08 AM)nugget28 Wrote: [ -> ]Ok then I wonder where the breakdown is then. The DS4 is in device manager under USB devices wireless controller. No light and the tools dont detect so Im wondering where the breakdown may be?

When you installed the SCP drivers you did a force install correct? your controller is plugged in via USB?
(05-27-2014, 02:09 AM)jhebbel Wrote: [ -> ]When you installed the SCP drivers you did a force install correct? your controller is plugged in via USB?

I tried normal install then force. When I force install it installs another driver.

Correct via usb, ive tried multiple ports as well.
(05-27-2014, 02:12 AM)nugget28 Wrote: [ -> ]I tried normal install then force. When I force install it installs another driver.

Correct via usb

Yes everything it installs its supposed to, your only using USB right now correct?
(05-27-2014, 02:13 AM)jhebbel Wrote: [ -> ]Yes everything it installs its supposed to, your only using USB right now correct?

Yep only USB
(05-27-2014, 02:14 AM)nugget28 Wrote: [ -> ]Yep only USB

SCP drivers may not be installed then because the 360 controllers don't seem to show up in your new screenshot.
Shinra, then they would have to ban everyone who buy gaming keyboards and mouse ^^!!

Jay, I can only get the tray icon to show up again by double clicking on DS4 in Task Manager or right click & choose "switch to, bring to front, minimize or maximize". Now that I have the window on the taskbar, I minimize it again and the tray icons show up. After awhile, it will disappear again. I think the problem is slightly weird as well, because if I have minimize DS4 completely... why does it still show up as an open application in task manager?
Pardon me but maybe I am confused here or win8.1 works differently form win7. If Nuggle28 is doing it from scratch on a win7, the first thing after you plug in the USB cable to link the controller to the PC, wouldn't Windows download & install certain HID drivers first before showing up as a wireless controller under "Device & Printers"? I see in his screenshot, low res can't see properly but I don't see Wireless Controller unless its under the (2) unspecific which shouldn't be the case.

It looks more to me like he has some other drivers conflicting or preventing DS4 from even being installed properly in the first place. Before you can proceed any further to SCP or DS4Windows you need to first ensure that the DS4 is installed / detected properly on your PC.
1) In the case of bluetooth, we pair it first. In the case of USB, its just plug & play.
2) It will show up as a Wireless Controller under "Device & Printers" regardless bluetooth or USB.
3) You need to right click on it, choose game controller settings.
4) Confirm that Wireless Controller is showing up in the pop up box and that its status is OK then highlight it and click properties.
5) Now test the controller inputs are being received properly. At this point, its just direct input since DS4 has inbuilt support for this.
6) More of the frustration is with this part if you are using bluetooth because the damn thing refused to keep a connection but USB is fuss free.

ONLY WHEN THE ABOVE WORKS, CAN YOU PROCEED TO MAKE IT A XBOX360 CONTROLLER! DS4Windows or any other xinput tool is not a fix to the above.

1) Unplug / turn off your DS4 controller. Keep it off.
2) Now install SCP drivers. Do not download the original SCP unless you are smart enough to uncheck bluetooth and services before you click install. There is a SCP package included inside electro's build on page one, inside a folder called "Virtual Bus Driver". Use that instead if unsure and there should just be a single install option.
3) If you have already used the original SCP drivers to install, here's how you can fix it. Go back to the original SCP program, Check bluetooth and services, then uninstall. Now exit, and use the SCP package in electro's build to reinstall the SCP drivers to avoid conflict. Go to the "Virtual Bus Driver" folder then double click on "ScpDriver.exe" Make sure to click exit after you are done.
4) Now that you have the SCP Virtual Bus installed, you can start DS4Windows.
5) Under Device & Printers, you should see a XBOX 360 Controller for Windows.
6) From this point onwards, its fuss free. Just map the buttons and settings to your needs and you are done.

If you are unable to reach this step for some reason, I recommend you return the DS4 controller and exchange for a Wireless XBOX 360 controller which works out of the box.
OMG jhebbel, you modded the rubber on your analog sticks haha. Btw what is that small dongle/receiver you plugged into the USB port for the DS4 controller?
(05-27-2014, 03:57 AM)Gram Wrote: [ -> ]Pardon me but maybe I am confused here or win8.1 works differently form win7. If Nuggle28 is doing it from scratch on a win7, the first thing after you plug in the USB cable to link the controller to the PC, wouldn't Windows download & install certain HID drivers first before showing up as a wireless controller under "Device & Printers"? I see in his screenshot, low res can't see properly but I don't see Wireless Controller unless its under the (2) unspecific which shouldn't be the case.

It looks more to me like he has some other drivers conflicting or preventing DS4 from even being installed properly in the first place. Before you can proceed any further to SCP or DS4Windows you need to first ensure that the DS4 is installed / detected properly on your PC.
1) In the case of bluetooth, we pair it first. In the case of USB, its just plug & play.
2) It will show up as a Wireless Controller under "Device & Printers" regardless bluetooth or USB.
3) You need to right click on it, choose game controller settings.
4) Confirm that Wireless Controller is showing up in the pop up box and that its status is OK then highlight it and click properties.
5) Now test the controller inputs are being received properly. At this point, its just direct input since DS4 has inbuilt support for this.
6) More of the frustration is with this part if you are using bluetooth because the damn thing refused to keep a connection but USB is fuss free.

ONLY WHEN THE ABOVE WORKS, CAN YOU PROCEED TO MAKE IT A XBOX360 CONTROLLER! DS4Windows or any other xinput tool is not a fix to the above.

1) Unplug / turn off your DS4 controller. Keep it off.
2) Now install SCP drivers. Do not download the original SCP unless you are smart enough to uncheck bluetooth and services before you click install. There is a SCP package included inside electro's build on page one, inside a folder called "Virtual Bus Driver". Use that instead if unsure and there should just be a single install option.
3) If you have already used the original SCP drivers to install, here's how you can fix it. Go back to the original SCP program, Check bluetooth and services, then uninstall. Now exit, and use the SCP package in electro's build to reinstall the SCP drivers to avoid conflict. Go to the "Virtual Bus Driver" folder then double click on "ScpDriver.exe" Make sure to click exit after you are done.
4) Now that you have the SCP Virtual Bus installed, you can start DS4Windows.
5) Under Device & Printers, you should see a XBOX 360 Controller for Windows.
6) From this point onwards, its fuss free. Just map the buttons and settings to your needs and you are done.

If you are unable to reach this step for some reason, I recommend you return the DS4 controller and exchange for a Wireless XBOX 360 controller which works out of the box.
I thought I did see it in there, I just don't think win 7 downloads additional information unless specifically set to do so, HID devices such as wireless controllers using direct input have drivers preinstalled on windows machines.

(05-27-2014, 04:04 AM)Gram Wrote: [ -> ]OMG jhebbel, you modded the rubber on your analog sticks haha. Btw what is that small dongle/receiver you plugged into the USB port for the DS4 controller?

I saw the reports of the grips failing and I figured id be preemptive, and the dongle on the controller is for the drop in charger so I don't have to plug it in.